2873 replies to this topic

#1541 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

While I'm not saying there isn't truth in this, if Parise knew he was signing with Pitt earlier than why not just come out and say it. I would think that this delay isn't just posturing and he really hasn't truly decided. Sure he can be leaning one way over another but at this point I don't see Parise doing this for show...but then again who knows really.

also if he would know already it probably means that his Dad would too... means that the whole world would know too

www.SterioDesign.com

#1542 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

This is the source of the tweet in question

https://twitter.com/#!/GinoReda

@GinoReda
Zach Parise has told people close to him that he will be signing with the #penguins

And that is a fake account.

That's what I read.

Who is Gino Reda anyway?
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#1543 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Have no idea who Gino Reda is.

#1544 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,142 posts

While I'm not saying there isn't truth in this, if Parise knew he was signing with Pitt earlier than why not just come out and say it. I would think that this delay isn't just posturing and he really hasn't truly decided. Sure he can be leaning one way over another but at this point I don't see Parise doing this for show...but then again who knows really.

Whatever the case, I don't think he's blabbing to a motormouth "friend" with a twitter account.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1545 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Is there anyone else on this site who watches this stuff closely and monitors it? Seems to be a real lack of people who actually come to the table with any sort of news or even rumor. Kinda annoying.

#1546 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

It would be disappointing if he leaves and more so if he goes to Pittsburgh. And for all of those who criticize others when they say that they hopes he fails miserably if he goes elsewhere remember this: by going to another team Parise will be competing against nj and more so if to a division rival, so he will be working to cause the devils to fail. Therefore it is ok to want to see him fail as well in the competitive spirit

#1547 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Is there anyone else on this site who watches this stuff closely and monitors it? Seems to be a real lack of people who actually come to the table with any sort of news or even rumor. Kinda annoying.

You can thank twitter for all the wannabe insiders. Its really gotten out of hand.

#1548 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

You can thank twitter for all the wannabe insiders. Its really gotten out of hand.

well at least they are giving me something to chew on at this point in the game...the silence is deafening.

#1549 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

That's because the only people who really know what's going on are Zach, his close family, his agents, and the GM's involved. The credible sources only tweet what they can confirm. The guys who talk about their "sources" and crow about "you heard it here first" throw crap against the wall and hope for the best. They are absolutely full of it and want attention.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1550 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

We are fvcked. Bedtime. Not feeling good about this whatsoever. I hate this sh!t.

#1551 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

Have no idea who Gino Reda is.

TSN guy.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1552 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

Since FA opened I got three texts through the day about Parise leaving, all causing me to have a panic attack, and none holding any actual validity. I'm not believing anything until I hear it from Zachs mouth
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#1553 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the next tweet was something like "Rick Nash called Parise today, told him to "Hurry the fvck up dude"".

815631765.gif

#1554 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Wake up America (and Zach)
Today is the day !

#1555 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

Wake up America (and Zach)
Today is the day !

let's wake up with good news...

#1556 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

Found this on Reddit.

http://www.haszachpa...layingnext.com/
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#1557 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

i've been awake for a while, let's do this.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#1558 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

The last time an elite Devils UFA took forever to make up his mind, we were left with Vlad Malakhov and Dan McGillis as a contingency plan.

I know 99% of what happened then doesn't apply here, but still, these tweets saying Zach is torn over the possibility of leaving New Jersey make the Nieds drama come to mind. Sorry if this is a Debbie Downer post.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1559 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

Kovy takes his fine time too no ?

#1560 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,670 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

The last time an elite Devils UFA took forever to make up his mind, we were left with Vlad Malakhov and Dan McGillis as a contingency plan.

I know 99% of what happened then doesn't apply here, but still, these tweets saying Zach is torn over the possibility of leaving New Jersey make the Nieds drama come to mind. Sorry if this is a Debbie Downer post.

No the last time that happened we wound up with arbitration, two contracts and the loss of two draft picks - but still got the player back lol.

But yeah I do get the feeling Zach's looking for a way out but feels trapped. Then again I never thought Kovy was staying either :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users