2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Now I can't wait to hear boomer fighting through tears tomorrow morning on the FAN. His tears make the perfect salt for any meal.

That dolt won't shed too many tears after one game, you'll get the 'its only one game we'll be fine' sh!t from optimist Rag fans like Boomer. Although I'm sure he'll bitch about the officiating, and that will make for a good listen lol.

That dolt won't shed too many tears after one game, you'll get the 'its only one game we'll be fine' sh!t from optimist Rag fans like Boomer. Although I'm sure he'll bitch about the officiating, and that will make for a good listen lol.

I'll give boomer credit as he is not a bandwagon fan and he doesn't repeat the 1994 nonsense every chance he gets like 95% of that fanbase does. Still hearing any rags fan whine is like listening to some fine smooth jazz on a nice relaxing summer evening.

Montreal is going to need a fluke goal to win this in ot. They have nothing left, its pathetic.

Essentially what happened. I knew the Rangers weren't winning this one. It had a similar eerie feel to that '08 Game 3. Habs escaped the first and they got two nice breaks. That's hockey.

During the scrap during the Habs-Rags game, who was the first player to be put in the box after the scrap????? The fvcking Rag player was punching a ref in the face.  The ref had to like force him into the box.  Who was that dirtbag? I couldn't see who it was.

EDIT: It was Carcillo...what a dirtbag, he was hitting the ref in the face and I'm pretty sure that's why he was ejected.  Dumbass. 

Would it be a pipe dream to pick up either Gallagher or Pacioretty?

Also the younger goaltenders getting a chance these playoffs are great, Tokarski, Jones, Gibson & Anderson on Anaheim. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Doc sounded extra excited on the winning goal call. You know in his heart he's hoping the Rags go down, just like the rest of us.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger:

Likely won't get word until morning, but sense Dan Carcillo may be in for a long suspension. 10 or 20 games according to rule 40.3 or 40.2

Just how many assumptions are included here?

My family has lived on Central Jersey since 1760. And I've probably been to 200 Devils games.

As a member of this board from inception, the level of discourse in this thread has reached embarrassing ly low level.

If all you have to bring to the conversation is antipathy to the Rangers you may not be alone, but certainly not adding to anyone's understanding or appreciation of the game of hockey.

It's not like I'm constantly spewing Ranger hatred on these boards.  I've talked about it at times, as have others.  This all really started with Manta, who I get along with fine most of the time...his saying that he was "cheering" for the Rangers was bound to get some kind of reaction, in that it's an extremely unusual thing to say for a Devil fan.  That shouldn't be so hard to grasp.

Also shouldn't be so hard to grasp that many Devils fans (many of the ones I've met, anyway...I don't pretend to know every single Devils fan in NJ) really despise the Rangers.  Like I've said, for a lot of the Devils' fans, the Rangers are our chief rival.  Is that really so far-fetched? 

What exactly are YOU bringing to this discussion, other than a hall-monitor mentality?  I wasn't aware it was everyone's job to add to everyone's understanding or appreciation of the game of hockey through their posts.  Sometimes posts are made based more on raw emotions than anything else.        

• Like 1

Doc sounded extra excited on the winning goal call. You know in his heart he's hoping the Rags go down, just like the rest of us.

Likely won't get word until morning, but sense Dan Carcillo may be in for a long suspension. 10 or 20 games according to rule 40.3 or 40.2

Not that it means anything doc still wears the 95 cup ring. In 2012 it sounded like he gave a little extra whever the devils scored then when the rangers scored, esp for henrique its over when he basically screamed it.

I love times like this living in ny listening to all the ranger fans cry and whine about the carcillo play, ignoring the fact he elbowed a ref which is what drew the game misconduct

He DID hold that 'scooooore' a couple seconds longer than I expected :lol:

Not that it means anything doc still wears the 95 cup ring. In 2012 it sounded like he gave a little extra whever the devils scored then when the rangers scored, esp for henrique its over when he basically screamed it.

I love times like this living in ny listening to all the ranger fans cry and whine about the carcillo play, ignoring the fact he elbowed a ref which is what drew the game misconduct

I still can't believe he did that.  What could Ranger fans possibly cry about?  It was so obvious that the guy did it. 

Oh great our fat fvck governor is on now cheerleading the Rangers. fvck you Christie.

Meh, what are you going to do?  If he comes out for the Devils, everyone knows he's being a phony.  Not like there aren't a hell of Ranger fans in NJ either.  I don't love the NJ governor openly sharing his fandom of the Rangers either, but it is what it is.

Yea that's nothing new. He was actually at the Garden in 2012 cheering on the Rangers against the Devils.

Also...didnt Ranger fans complain and force NBC to tell Doc to remove hid cup ring in 2012...I seem to remember a small story about that.

Yea that's nothing new. He was actually at the Garden in 2012 cheering on the Rangers against the Devils.

Also...didnt Ranger fans complain and force NBC to tell Doc to remove hid cup ring in 2012...I seem to remember a small story about that.

I didn't hear the story about Doc and the Cup ring, but it wouldn't shock me. Bitch Rag fans would complain about something like that. Doc should've worn all 3 rings at the same time in response, 2 of them on his middle fingers.

Listening to Boomer and Carton- not like this is news or anything, but talk about catering to the lowest common denominator of sports fandom... Its truly awful.

I didn't realize their show was live today. For some reason, CBS Sports Network is showing Best of Boomer & Carton, instead of their live simulcast.

Oh great our fat fvck governor is on now cheerleading the Rangers. fvck you Christie.

Oh, no, here we go again. What did he say this time, and where did you hear him say it?

EDIT:

I finally turned on the radio to catch the tail end of Boomer & Carton's show. Something tells me I'm glad I missed it. ... Did they just hold what basically amounted to a live rally for the New York Rangers at D'Jais Bar & Grill at the Jersey Shore -- complete with N.J.'s governor and all? ... That's just swell.

Edited by 95Crash

I didn't realize their show was live today. For some reason, CBS Sports Network is showing Best of Boomer & Carton, instead of their live simulcast.

Oh, no, here we go again. What did he say this time, and where did you hear him say it?

EDIT:

I finally turned on the radio to catch the tail end of Boomer & Carton's show. Something tells me I'm glad I missed it. ... Did they just hold what basically amounted to a live rally for the New York Rangers at D'Jais Bar & Grill at the Jersey Shore -- complete with N.J.'s governor and all? ... That's just swell.

I've been there and that place is just another on a long list of jersey shore sh!tholes. They can have it.

EDIT:

And for people like Carp who live in fvcking New Mexico yet feel the need to chime in about the dynamics of this rivalry and the lack of repercussions of the Rags winning on the Devils, I give you THAT garbage. Edited by MadDog2020

And for people like Carp who live in fvcking New Mexico yet feel the need to chime in about the dynamics of this rivalry and the lack of repercussions of the Rags winning on the Devils, I give you THAT garbage.

Most of those idiots at D'Jais as well as the other bandwagoners in NJ are screaming "but dey are da local team!"  Ummmmm no the local team is the Devils.  You know the team with NEW JERSEY in their name.

I really hope Montreal somehow pulls a rabbit out of their ass and wins this series.  I will never let this down with them.