13-Game Plans Released

Colin226

Do you know if they show the prices for these plans?  I couldn't find them.  I am interested in the 100's on the side.

That's the thing they never do.  Instead they want to have a ticket rep hound you and have you listen to their sales pitch until you give in and purchase tickets.  Annoys the hell out of me.

Also anyone know why on the seating chart sec 225 is blanked out?

That's the thing they never do.  Instead they want to have a ticket rep hound you and have you listen to their sales pitch until you give in and purchase tickets.  Annoys the hell out of me.

That's exactly why I probably won't buy tickets, they hound me non-stop already.  If I give some sort of hint that I am interested, they will smell blood in the water and call me everyday.  I always tell them, Listen I would love to buy seasons, but I just don't have that expendable income.

Yup, next season they are making it a "large groups only" section.. The front 3 rows will still be STH I believe, but only tenured ones who were there before this change. There's like this random open space behind 225 that JVB never really did anything with, so from what I heard, they're going to make that like the "food and gathering area" for whomever rents 225 for their group.. It's a pretty cool idea I think

Yup, next season they are making it a "large groups only" section.. The front 3 rows will still be STH I believe, but only tenured ones who were there before this change. There's like this random open space behind 225 that JVB never really did anything with, so from what I heard, they're going to make that like the "food and gathering area" for whomever rents 225 for their group.. It's a pretty cool idea I think

You mean that space where the main escalators going up and those portable food/beer stands are?

You mean that space where the main escalators going up and those portable food/beer stands are?

No to get to this area you'd have to walk up the stairs in between 225 and 226. It's behind the top row of seats in 225. I remember in 2008 I sat up there a few times and wondered what that random space was for. Nice to see them maximizing the space

No to get to this area you'd have to walk up the stairs in between 225 and 226. It's behind the top row of seats in 225. I remember in 2008 I sat up there a few times and wondered what that random space was for. Nice to see them maximizing the space

Never knew there was a space there ( I will admit I have only sat once in that corner of the arena ever) and now I will have to check it out next time I'm at the arena.

These plans are about $900/per person for like section 110, 109, and about $700/per person for 115 and 108, fyi.  So about $70/per person per game and $55/per person per game respectively.

exactly ..when you can often go to a game for less than $30 a person

aren't the phantoms moving to Allentown? Are they done building the arena and are they starting there this year?

Yeah this will be their first season there. Kinda sucks that Albany is no longer in their division but the A-Devs will still play a few there I'm sure

aren't the phantoms moving to Allentown? Are they done building the arena and are they starting there this year?

Yep, you got it. They're scheduled to open in a month with a few concerts before the AHL season begins. Arena's not done yet but.. I'm sure they'll get there.

My company actually bought some season tickets so I'll probably catch a few games. Especially when the A-Devils are in town.

Yeah this will be their first season there. Kinda sucks that Albany is no longer in their division but the A-Devs will still play a few there I'm sure

yeah I was thinking the same thing... I guess that's what you get when you have so many teams in the northeast. 

Yep, you got it. They're scheduled to open in a month with a few concerts before the AHL season begins. Arena's not done yet but.. I'm sure they'll get there.

My company actually bought some season tickets so I'll probably catch a few games. Especially when the A-Devils are in town.

cool, yeah I actually drove past it a few weeks ago and didn't even realize it was the arena (I'm gonna be getting married just down the road)... It looks looks like a mall from the street, nothing like a standalone hockey arena.

These plans are about $900/per person for like section 110, 109, and about $700/per person for 115 and 108, fyi. So about $70/per person per game and $55/per person per game respectively.

Yeah that's outrageous. Instead of getting a semi flexible plan for $1800, you can pick 13 games of your choice for half the price. The marketing for this team is clueless. Its a suckers deal to buy one of these plans. Unless you want the playoff priority I guess.

Yeah that's outrageous. Instead of getting a semi flexible plan for $1800, you can pick 13 games of your choice for half the price. The marketing for this team is clueless. Its a suckers deal to buy one of these plans. Unless you want the playoff priority I guess.

you're right, the secondary market is probably still the way to go for only a handful of games like these. The only other benefit is if these plans get you access to some of the season ticket perks like signings and other events, not sure if that's the case or not though.

Looking at the three packages, Weekday Plan looks like the weakest. Otherwise the other two plans feature games that are typically expensive on the secondary market. When the team is doing pretty decent, tickets for games like Chicago, New York, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philly, LA, and Boston are hard to come by for less than 50-60 (and more). Bandwagon effect, I guess?

Also, you'd be surprised how many people "just don't use" StubHub/secondary market. People above a certain age, parents with kids, etc... I sold a couple games last season that I couldn't make it to (one of which was LA Kings, for example), and sold it at the price printed on the ticket, which is obviously higher. My buddy bought the two tickets, and thanked me a million times because he a) doesn't use StubHub (but I even checked, and prices on StubHub were pretty high for the Kings game), and b) trying to buy them on TicketMaster, there were only tickets in the 60-70s range. Many people/demographics just don't go to the secondary market for whatever reason. 

Looking at the three packages, Weekday Plan looks like the weakest. Otherwise the other two plans feature games that are typically expensive on the secondary market. When the team is doing pretty decent, tickets for games like Chicago, New York, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philly, LA, and Boston are hard to come by for less than 50-60 (and more). Bandwagon effect, I guess?

Also, you'd be surprised how many people "just don't use" StubHub/secondary market. People above a certain age, parents with kids, etc... I sold a couple games last season that I couldn't make it to (one of which was LA Kings, for example), and sold it at the price printed on the ticket, which is obviously higher. My buddy bought the two tickets, and thanked me a million times because he a) doesn't use StubHub (but I even checked, and prices on StubHub were pretty high for the Kings game), and b) trying to buy them on TicketMaster, there were only tickets in the 60-70s range. Many people/demographics just don't go to the secondary market for whatever reason. 

A lot of people are still nervous and don't trust those sites for whatever reason.  Never had an issue with any tickets I have purchased from SH and I must have had at least 40 transactions with them over the years.  I even sold a pair on there before and while their fees are a bit more than I like, they made it pretty simple to sell and I had hard copy tickets.

I usually SH my way into games because most often it is the cheapest route as I usually get tickets for half the price than at the box office.  The trade off is that I rarely get to see games where they play the Rags, Flyers and Pens but I see a ton of the Isles, Sens, Carolina, Florida, Tampa, Buffalo and Columbus.  I am just happy to be at a game.

Plus I tend to go more during the week than on weekends so that always helps with the prices lol.

A lot of people are still nervous and don't trust those sites for whatever reason.

Agreed, it's that simple. People age 40 and below live and breathe with StubHub (I know I do; concert tickets, hockey, soccer, etc.), but generally speaking, I think it has that negative "scalper" connotation from back when scalping was being super enforced/prosecuted in the 90s.

My dad in particular, I think he had a bad Ebay experience buying tickets for something, so he immediately writes off StubHub as "probably the same thing" and wouldn't use it unless I got the tickets for him.

i have never had any issues with buying from the secondary market either(knock on wood).. and ive bought from all different sites not jsut stubhub. However if people are worried about purchasing from stubhub a site that is completely legitimate they even have like a 100% guarentee or whatever it is if your ticket doesnt work they refund you.. i have also sold on stubhub several times and it is smooth. i went to over 20 games last season atleast 17 of those games bought off stubhub.

I went ahead and went in on a multi seat 13 game plan with my folks. Having to pick and choose games is nice and gives you flexibility but the cost differential to selecting one at a time games as they come really is overstated. You'll pay markup for sure on the good games especially if the team plays well and you have to find a section you want.

I'm fine with my plan. I hope we do get a little sweetener though aside from just the same seats and the playoff priority.