Game Six: Devils Vs Sens

devilsrule33

In a word, devistating. And I hate to say it, but it was partly Stevens fault. He was caught flatfooted, and watched Hossa go by. There was some lousy back-checking too.

All is not lost thought. there's another game. Remember the Toronto-Philly series. The Flyers were up 3-1, and Toronto won in OT in Game 6. Only to get smoked the following night. Be positive.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look guys. the devils have a great chance in ottawa. they won a game there. the other went to OT, and the 3rd was a very close one that we lost on two mistakes.

it's gonna be tough as hell, but it can be done.

I was at the game tonight and the comments about the devils coming out flat and not caring were just wrong. Please give Ottawa some credit. Ottawa was the better team tonight. How many posts did they hit? How many saves did Brodeur rob them on? As a whole, they have faster, more skilled forwards. It was no secret that we'd have to get a little lucky, play super d, and have marty stand on his head. so far, that's all happened except that our luck is even, and not to our side.

I actually thought the Devils played very well, as did ottawa. The sens are not a sh!t team.

A key to game 7 that nobody is discussing is that the Refs have called every game in Ottawa heavily for the Sens. That simply cannot happen. I'm sure they'll make some bad calls, and miss some others. I just hope that they're even. The Devils PP has been productive lately and the PK is still solid.

i will ask all of you this though...is there ANY doubt that Daneyko has no business playing in this series. every time he was on the ice, the sens created good scoring chances and immense pressure. i know that we owe a lot to Dan-0, but he sits in 7 if they're to have a chance.

also- turner should not have come back if he was gonna be a step behind and on one leg like he was tonight. i can understand how big jim is also useless in this series, so i say, for the minutes that this slot gets, bicek and his speed are more valuable than the choice of pilons.

I stand corrected. I thought it was. Oh well. Ottawa can be beaten at home. Whens the last time you saw fans playing the game. If Marty plays well like tonight (excluding the soft Bonk goal,) the Devils will win. I see Lalime cracking.

Hey I had them down to lose in six so they've surpassed my expectations. I was more upset after Monday's loss. I think we all saw this coming. I'm ok with this. at least they showed up in OT. The sportscasters have wanted Ottawa since the start of the season - the Devils have handed this over on a silver platter - maybe people will like them better now they've rolled over.

i think im channeling GetReal... :lol:

The only way I'll watch the game Friday is if Doc is sitting in my livingroom calling the game like on the commercial. I wish the Devils could appreciate what their fans put themselves through listening the these ESPN guys. Melroses pomade alone should earn us the effing cup - and he was calling this in the devil's favor..

1988- Defeated Washington in 7. Div. Final

1988- Lost to Boston in 7. Conf. Final

1991- Lost to Pittsburgh in 7. Div. Semi-Final

1992- Lost to NY Rangers in 7.Div. Semi-Final

1994- Defeated Buffalo in 7. CQF

1994- Lost to NY Rangers in 7. CF

1999- Lost to Pittsburgh in 7.CQF

2000- Defeated Philadelphia in 7. CF

2001- Defeated Toronto in 7. CSF

2001- Lost to Colorado in 7. Stanley Cup Final

Here they are. Sorry Jimmy, I'm dumb, and I can't count! 4-6 it is.

Not a good winning tradition in Game 7's.

this game was a travesty to put in nicely, if you dont think the nhl wants ottawa in the finals then you are blind as a bat. ottawa had 7 players out there on the next to last shift for a good 5 to 10 seconds and the last time i looked thats a penalty, i dont care what part of the game you are in.

both refs and linesmen deserve to be fired, they ruined a great game by being so biased throughout. if this is the best they have to offer then just fold up and end it now.

how many times can ottawa get away with too many men or obvious interference penalties? i guess a lot.

tonights game was a slap in the face to every single hockey fan, i dont care what team you root for.

no need to play game 7 its obvious what will happen because its the same thing thats happened the last 2 games. just give the trophy to ottawa and save us the time and money.

i was at the game and i'm still pissed i guess. oh and for all those play daneyko fans he doesnt deserve to play another second in these playoffs. he stunk up the ice big time.

I agree with whoever said Daneyko doesn't belong out there.. he doesn't. He was very poor all night long.

I think the Devils can win in Game 7. I have no doubts that they can. They have to have no doubts that they can. Because frankly, 2 goals in 2 games isn't going to win anything. They have to get a lead and build on it.

I thought they played well in overtime too, they finally stopped playing tentative hockey and began to take play to the Senators. They just couldn't get one past Lalime. The 4 on 4s didn't help, either.

I say think about it a different way. I don't think a Sens wins gives them momentum at all. Both teams no what's at stake and know they have to win. Just try and think the Devils were down 3-2 and tied it up last night. Because I don't think Ottawa winning last night will change the game on Friday.

Someone explain to me how that wasn't interference.....the first player to the rebound takes two hacks at it, is then PHYSICALLY touching Marty IN THE CREASE (with out a d-man on him) and then Varada knocks the rebound in while this is occurring.

Explain this....PLEASE.

Ottawa deserves the win...but not this way.

GO DEVILS!!

Once the puck is in the crease, the opposing player can go into the crease. It is only called goaltender interference if the player arrives in the crease and obstructs the goalie BEFORE the puck crosses the crease line.

That did not happen. clearly the puck was in the crease first and therefore Brodeur loses crease protection. Where was the defense that allowed him to stay in there unmolested. From my point of view, they messed up. Big time. And it cost the game. (Or again from my point of view, they messed up and it WON the game). ;)

I'll be there in the arena Friday night. As with all of you, I will be sitting on the edge of my seat. It has been a great series guys. May the better team win.

GO SENS GO