GDT: Devils @ Minnesota Parises

MadDog2020

After what happened with Kovalchuk and Clarkson, I hardly have any bad feelings towards Zach. If anything, I'll just get sad watching the game lol

i miss him for sure.. i have no problem saying it either, its crazy how much can change over a couple years wouldve never expected to have lost him kovy and clarky.. and now our team sucks pecker and we get shutout by the flyers.. tough to swallow

The whole Kovalchuk deal really painted Lou into a corner. No Kovy, No Zach, No Clarkson, No Oduya or Paul Martin, No 1st round pick in a season where it seems we could very well pick in the top 5.

when you look at it this way.. its tough to take that we had all of these great players and they all took off on us.. i feel like we just got boned on some of these..like it just so happened when parise hit FA that minny had a spot for him right..it just so happened that when clarky hit FA the FA market sucked and he was like the star in it and toronto had a spot for him.. sucks just sucks both of those guys i thought for sure would be franchise players.

The whole Kovalchuk deal really painted Lou into a corner. No Kovy, No Zach, No Clarkson, No Oduya or Paul Martin, No 1st round pick in a season where it seems we could very well pick in the top 5.

Why are you mixing everyone together? Why not throw Scott Stevens and Nieds while we're at it. Devils went to the Cup Finals without Oduya and Martin and one of the reasons they got there is what trading Oduya brought back. Since then obviously losing Kovalchuk, Parise and Clarkson is undisputed but the guys Lou brought in to score by committee aren't that bad - it's just Zajacs and Henriques seem lost without those first two.

Why are you mixing everyone together? Why not throw Scott Stevens and Nieds while we're at it. Devils went to the Cup Finals without Oduya and Martin and one of the reasons they got there is what trading Oduya brought back. Since then obviously losing Kovalchuk, Parise and Clarkson is undisputed but the guys Lou brought in to score by committee aren't that bad - it's just Zajacs and Henriques seem lost without those first two.

The reason I'm grouping it all together is because we seemed like we had what would eventually become a core group until the Kovalchuk situation. We did go to the SCF, but I would argue that if we managed somehow to keep the Martins, Oduyas, Parises and Clarksons we'd be continuously contending. 11-12 was fluke where it all seemed to gel. I recall we lost that SCF against LA which, imo, is when the bottom dropped out.

The reason I'm grouping it all together is because we seemed like we had what would eventually become a core group until the Kovalchuk situation. We did go to the SCF, but I would argue that if we managed somehow to keep the Martins, Oduyas, Parises and Clarksons we'd be continuously contending. 11-12 was fluke where it all seemed to gel. I recall we lost that SCF against LA which, imo, is when the bottom dropped out.

If you keep all of those players you can't afford any more. Turnover happens on all teams. It hit the devils hard the last couple of years, but it's something all teams deal with.