NFL Week 8....

CRASHER

We're almost half-way through already....geesh....just tells you how much fun football season is (OK, not last week, last week was the most hideous Sunday of football ever, I'd say Monday was too but laughing at the Manta-FAIL makes it more palatable!)...the schedule may not look much better this week....but I see a few gems I hope that will shine through the muck.....

Sunday October 30th:

1pm:

Miami at NY Giants:

So, Tony Sporano is so hated in the Miami area no one wants to live in the house he lives in?? Nice....look on the bright side....the worse executive in sports history (well this side of Mike Milbury) got a job with NBC after ruining the Lions for a bunch of years....so if Matt Millen can get himself a jerrrbbbb, so can you Mr Sporano...better start looking around January....the Dolphins wanna lose em all....the Giants would like to win a few games...that makes this easy, only thing here is will the Dolphins lie down early for fake making a game out of it like they did last week to put Tim Teebow over...

Winner: Giants

Game Quality: DUD

Jacksonville at Houston:

The Jaguars are a weird team, they don't get blown away all too often, but you'd think they would....rookie QB, no WR weapons at all....tough defense, coach on the way out the door, a team never good enough to be "good" but never bad enough to truly bottom out and get the top-end guys they need...they're kinda like the St Louis Blues of hockey (well pre-Langenbrunner, now they're just DOOMED), always kinda there, never gonna really suck, but you never pick them to go all the way....then you have the Texicans....the dreaded default team, the one team in the division with the talent to win at least the division and now the running game and alleged defense to make some playoffs noise....maybe the only way I can start to bring the Texans back down is by believing in them....again....I made that mistake two years ago...but really, no one else is close to this team in the AFC South, and there's no way Jacksonville's playing the game of their life two weeks in a row...and M J-D ain't gonna start fumbling like Ray Rice did last week....hells no....

Winner: Houston

Game Quality: *

Arizona at Baltimore:

Oh boy, who from the Cardinals team pissed in the Wheaties of the NFL Schedule maker?? Bad enough they get faceplanted by the Steelers last week....but now they get what HAS to be an especially angry and ready to wipe the Jaguar off their face from last week (was that not the most hideous display ever put on television!??!!), Kevin Kolb stinks, the running game is work and the defense is pourous....start all your Ravens in fantasy football....hell maybe even Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana...ummm...no, not even the washed-up KC version....

Winner: Ravens

Game Quality: * 3/4

Saints at Rams:

Wow, someone's sure smiling on the Saints this year aren't they?? Or someone's pissing on the Rams...it's ok, St. Louis has it coming, and then some :P.....I highly doubt the Saints are gonna put up a 60-burger again, but they will beat the ever loving piss out of this awful St Louis team...look on the bright side....the Rams still play Arizona and Seattle, those are winnable :D

Winner: Saints

Game Quality: DUD

Vikings at Carolina:

Two teams with rookie QB's trying to push themselves in the right direction....makes for an interesting match-up at least....and looking at these 1pm games, we need SOME intrigue here!!! Though it does make you wonder....what seemed more impressive? Teebow waking up against the awful Dolphins, sCam Newton in his debut game....or Christian Ponder going toe to toe with A-Rod and the Packer offense??? Well you know it wasn't Teebow if you've read 90 seconds of my stuff....I guess we let this game decide about the other two eh?? Ponder has better weapons, but sCam has more games under his belt and that weird X Factor about him....and I'll take the team nipping at the heels of a win each week over the team that's still in the bottoming out process.....

Winner: Panthers

Game Quality: **

Colts at Titans:

Just when you want to say "Screw Tennessee, they're DONE"...look who they get on the schedule....the gimmie of all gimmies (well this side of Miami)....the Indianapolis Colts! You'd like to think that after that blasting from the front office, and the bigger blasting from the Saints might fire up the Colts....and they'd have some pride....but I'm not buying all that crap...it's all words and double-talk for the world, when the Suck for Luck is still going on...hey maybe Chris Johnson can look like a damn NFL running back for once??? Probably not :P, but still a decent day from Matt Hasselbeck (and maybe some WRs that can catch passes.....maybe something about a dude known for wearing 81 running around having public workouts in a speedo comes to mind....)....and that's enough to beat Indy...just not by almost-60....

Winner: Titans

4pm:

Lions at Denver:

If the Lions hadn't lost their last two games in a row, this would be a boring squash with the only joy being watching the Lions D-Line feasting on that awful Tim Teebow (hey the Lions talk sh!t and thank God for it....I've always said sh!t talk on the field should STAY on the field and it only makes the Falcons look like a bunch of pussies for whining about what the "big bad MEAN Lions" had to say....grow a pair!!! Anyway, add in the gift from Miami to the Broncos last week....and you have a little bit of juice in this one....Detroit HAS to win this game.... good thing Teebow likes to pray before each game...he may want to start a chant to have a wall of fire made to protect his sorry ass, if Detroit loses this one it's flat out DISASTER.....I don't think that's happening....Stafford or NOT....even Shaun Hill >>>> Teebow!

Winner: Lions

Game Quality: ** (pray for Tim Teebow...)

Redskins vs Bills via Toronto:

You know, you'd think the Bills would know better then to play an NFC East team on a neutral site, that didn't work out too well for them in the mid 90s now did it??? Anyway it is always funny to see the Bills go on their little "Super Bowl FAIL Revenge Tour" every 4 years when they play the NFC....remember when the Redskins had a nice tough quality defense?? Well that same good defense let sCam Newton have a PERFECT 2nd Half QB Rating (see now THIS is how you turn a stat thrown in your face back the other way!!)....and hell if sCam can do it....so can the $59 million man in Buffalo!! Freddie Jackson gets going off the bye, yeah the Bills have injuries on defense, but the Redskins are healthy on offense, which only makes Redskin FANS sick :D....VENGEANCE BE THY NAME IN THE LAND OF THE MAPLE LEAF!!!!!!!!!!

Winner: Bills

Game Quality: *** (the Maple Bills fans finally get a good game!)

Cincinnati at Seattle:

Really??? And people wonder why I piss on the Bengals defense and refuse to call it "good"....they're playing trash bag teams like this....6-3 AGAINST THE BROWNS....CMONNNNN...I'm really expected to break this crap down?? I don't even know if I can call this anti-football (though I wish I had seen the epic last week with the Browns)...the more Charlie Whitehurst plays the better Tavares Jackson looks....and the angrier Daivd Garrard must get about his back surgery...but since I have to break it down somewhat....the Bengals do everything better then the Seahawks.....so screw em...wipe the floor with them...just make it comedic in case I start watching this trash pile!

Winner: Bengals

Game Quality: * (ACK, are you serious bro?)

Browns at 49ers:

Didn't I just bash on the Browns enough? Oh if only Colt McCoy and Alex Smith could be swapped....the Browns would be the greatest anti-football team in history and the 49ers would be calling McCoy the next Joe-Mo....but they can't, and much like the game above, the Niners are well coached, they run the ball have good weapons and do everything Cleveland can't do....there's no way the Browns stick with them in this one...looks like this might be the week this "losing off the bye trend" reverses.....

Winner: 49ers

Patriots at Steelers:

This is an easy one....it always is....New England spreads them out, gets the LBs on the Backs and TEs and dinks and dunks and makes plays all over the place on the Steelers and just small-balls them out of the building....add in the fact that the Steelers haven't beaten ANYONE, well aside of the now IMMORTAL Jaguars, and still don't run the ball well, the defense is still meh at best and there's an insufferable ballbag at the bar who thinks Ben is the next Johnny Unitas and every flag against the Steelers is a conspiracy and that Tim Teebow is great "because he wins"....I really should start coughing in his Coors Light just to get over this damn cold....I'm gonna enjoy watching this ballbag squirm this week and put the over/under on him running with his tail and Horrible Hankie between his legs at halftime....I've seen this dance too many times....I know how it ends....least the Steelers have the WR-Power to make it interesting though

Winner: Patriots

Game Quality: ****

8pm:

Dallas at Phily:

heh, the game of the week is actually a prime time one....go figure....but its funny that the appeal in this game isn't seeing these two teams try to WIN this one...it's how will these two inconsistent and oddly similar teams try to screw this one up?!?!? The tales of WOE have been dramatic from both teams this year...beat up QBs horrific turnovers....RB brain farts....you name it they've screwed it up....but yet they both possess some of the sport's most dangerous home-run hitting players..... Dez Bryant, Deshawn Jackson to name two....it really makes this one almost tough to figure out...I almost think having the home crowd might be a NEGATIVE in this one...more so with how FAST they might turn on a disappointing 2-4 team....but this is as close to having anti-football with TALENT as we can get people!!!

Winner: Dallas

Game Quality: **** (wow, a GOOD Sunday Night game!)

Monday Oct 31:

Chargers at Chiefs:

Is there a more baffling team in the NFL then San Diego? All the pieces, all the talent...and now all of a sudden Phillip Rivers' brain turns to mush, is there some weird Cowboys communing where they are trying to transfer the stupid out of Dumbo and into Philip Rivers? It does seem to be working on that end....the Chiefs know bad QB play....well aside of the awful Matt Cassel....they got gifted the gift of a thousand turnovers last week by the Raiders (sounds like a cool Madden cheat doesn't it??), I'd like to say the Chargers are angry and want to bounce back this week...but aside of Rivers they seem kinda gutless and maybe Rivers is trying TOO hard to negate that...hrrrmm....well they are the better team and enough of this "Chiefs comeback" non-sense....time to slam them back into the ground anyway....

Winner: Chargers

Game Quality: **

NFL Power Ranking Week 7:

AFC:

1. New England....still going....

2. Steelers.....I guess since the Ravens lost to the Jaguars, that Jaguar win means something, they beat no one else!

3. Buffalo....bye weeks make you look really good!

4. Houston.... *sigh*, I hate "good teams by default"....

5. Ravens....can we blame them for falling to that JUGGERNAUT Jaguar team?? :P

NFC:

1. Green Bay....like the Energizer Bunny....still going....

2. Saints.....still walking into the end zone on the Colts....

3. 49ers....the bye week is your friend?

4. NY Giants....a psuedo-bye this week helps.....

5. Lions....falling fast......

Texans were mighty impressive last week and showed they can still score without Andre Johnson. People may not consider Schaub an elite-QB, which is accurate, but he's been quite good and pretty damn consistent for years now. That Arian Foster guy is not too bad either. :P As I said after last week's game, they are the class of that division right now. They have a decent chance of padding their lead a bit to with this upcoming game against the Jags (who played a phenomenal defensive game vs the Ravens on Monday) and then next week against the Browns.

If Chris Johnson can't have a break-out game against the team giving up the 2nd most yards per game, then, well, it's probably time to start really panicking (if it isn't already). :lol:

The Vikings and Panthers are a combined 3-11, but I'd love to see this game; one rookie phenom QB versus another rookie QB who didn't look that bad in his 1st start. It's really a worthwhile game, I think. I'm going to bet we see a lot of Newton scrambling since he's probably going to have his hands full with Jared Allen.

Saints play the Rams; is it crazy to think they can drop another 60? :P What a perfect two weeks for Breezy to pad his stats before a big couple of games against divisional competitors. I think they are the top team in this division; they have one of the best offenses in the league (Breezy rocks, but how awesome is Darren Sproles? Reggie Bush WHO?) and while their defense could be better, it's really not much worse (if at all) than league average this year.

Similar to Chris Johnson against the poor Colts' run defense, I think it'll be time to really panic if Joe Flacco can't have a good game against a Cardinals' pass defense that ranks as one of the worst in the league. As for those Cardinals... eesh, that Kevin Kolb trade-and-extension looks worse by the week, no? I guess they could always say, "at least we didn't give up (potentially) TWO first round picks for an over-the-hill QB who can't throw a fastball anymore..." :P (sorry Oakland)

Tim Tebow! If he thought the Dolphins' pass rush was scary, wait until he meets Mr. Vanden Bosch, Cliff Avril, and ImNotDirtyButICanKickYour Suh. The Lions may be starting their 2nd string QB and 2nd/3rd string RB's but they should still win this game, that's how not-good the Broncos are, especially under Tebow. :P

The Redskins are hurting on offense (literally), but hey, at least Grossman isn't the QB anymore; what a horrible matchup that would be against a turnover-happy Bills' squad coming off a bye week :lol:.

Steelers/Pats! Easily the best game of the daytime games, if not the best game of the week. New England is ridiculously good on offense (they can run the ball too now!) and always match up really well against the Steelers with Brady. I think New England wins, but in Pittsburgh's defense, they are giving up the least amount of passing yards per game and are facing a New England defense that has given up the most yards per play in the league. Pittsburgh should target whoever Devin McCourty covers (they wouldn't be silly enough to match him with Wallace... would they?).

Man, the Browns are a mess on offense; I don't think McCoy is the answer, but does he really have any sexy targets to throw too? Greg Little has some upside but would Mossaquoi (their leading receiver) be anything more than a decent #3 WR on a good team? Then there's the whole Peyton Hillis mess; he's had health problems all year and even when he's played, he's looked more and more like a 1-year wonder.... yet he wants a new contract. Ok, buddy.

There's nothing of interest about Bengals/Seahawks, but the Bengals deserve some credit for their top 2 draft picks: AJ Green ranks 15th among receivers in yards. And the man throwing him the ball, Andy Dalton: 62.4 completion%, 7 TD, 5 INT, 84.3 passer rating; very, very solid numbers for a rookie QB. You think the Seahawks, juggling the likes of Tavaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst at QB, are a bit disappointed they didn't nab Dalton earlier?

Finally a good Sunday Night game. I'm still buying the Cowboys as a top 10 offense AND defense; that's a nice combination. The Eagles, if not for their boneheadedness at times, are arguably even better offensively and their defense is probably a lot better than it's shown to be so far. They are also PERFECT under Andy Reid after bye weeks. I'm not going to throw out any predictions, because I really have no idea who to pick. I just hope we get a great game, and I think we will (hell, just about ANY kind of game would top last week's debacle :P).

Since it's the Chargers, I'm sure Monday Night will be more entertaining that it probably should be. The Chiefs are playing a little more inspired, it seems; they've won 3 straight, Todd Haley has a beard, Matt Cassel has been VERY good in 3 of his last 4 starts, their 1st round pick Jonathan Baldwin is finally healthy, and Jackie Battle has given them a spark in the running game.... and they'll be playing under the spotlight of Monday Night, at home, with a chance to tie the Chargers and Raiders for the AFC West division lead. BUT, with all of that said... I think the Chargers turn it all around here; Philip Rivers is long overdue to stop sucking, even if an idiot is calling plays for him.

Edited by nmigliore

Man, the Browns are a mess on offense; I don't think McCoy is the answer, but does he really have any sexy targets to throw too? Greg Little has some upside but would Mossaquoi (their leading receiver) be anything more than a decent #3 WR on a good team? Then there's the whole Peyton Hillis mess; he's had health problems all year and even when he's played, he's looked more and more like a 1-year wonder.... yet he wants a new contract. Ok, buddy.

The Madden curse KILLED Hillis....and honestly....I'll be fair to McCoy here...he's got NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE to throw to on that awful team, if they were close to having a hope of doing anything I'd say they should sign TO, but they're not (he's gotta go to the Titans me thinks)...it's funny how there's 3 or 4 offenses out there begging for a QB, and the Browns have a QB who's begging for an OFFENSE!!!

The Bears would be another good team for TO though it would be amusing to see the ego inflation on the sideline between Martz, Cutler and TO.

I'd pay to see that fight on a PPV basis.....seriously!!!

Apparently the RAIDERS have interest :blink:

I was just scanning Rotoworld and apparently the Pats sent Ras-I Dowling to IR today. I remember reading the other day that they also released Leigh Bodden; their already-poor secondary just got even more depleted. Big Ben should really have a field day.... maybe the Steelers have a great chance of topping Brady after all.

Edited by nmigliore

Flacco isn't responsible for the 3rd Cardinals TD since he put it in his TE's hands who popped it up for an easy INT. Ravens problem has been a problem for years... The offensive line is a bunch of turnstiles especially on the edges. No QB will be very successful if he's running for his life every down.

Flacco isn't responsible for the 3rd Cardinals TD since he put it in his TE's hands who popped it up for an easy INT. Ravens problem has been a problem for years... The offensive line is a bunch of turnstiles especially on the edges. No QB will be very successful if he's running for his life every down.

If it's been a "problem for years" how do you explain Flacco last year (good) to this year (bad)? It's not all on the offensive line. He's just regressed big time as a QB.

If it's been a "problem for years" how do you explain Flacco last year (good) to this year (bad)? It's not all on the offensive line. He's just regressed big time as a QB.

Flacco hasn't been good this year but even last year the Ravens O-line was a problem. Flacco also used Heap as a security blinket or dumped check-downs off to Ray Rice (who'd take it 20 yards) when scrambling. With Heap gone defenses are now spying Rice out of the backfield with zero TE threat down field. The Ravens WR's are average especially when Flacco has no time.

So much for a great Sunday Night game :P. The Eagles have been in control all night. Vick has looked outstanding; nearly every pass is crisp and accurate. LeSean McCoy continues to show why he's one of the game's best (and probably underrated) running backs.

God, I can't stand Romo right now :argh: This is about to be the second time I lose a sure fantasy win in NJDevs because he sh**s the bed in primetime.

And now you see my hatred with Dumbo.....welcome aboard!! B )

Wonder if this game will get the FAT Ryan to SHUT UP this week eh??