GDT: Devils at Flyers 7:00PM

Jerzey

Devils: The Devils could have a vital cog in their offense back for their game Thursday.

Travis Zajac practiced Wednesday and could be in the lineup against the Flyers, according to general manager Lou Lamoriello.

Zajac rolled his ankle during a fall at practice last week.

The center has one goal and three assists in 12 games, but generally has played well against the Flyers, with 27 points in 39 games.

In addition, defenseman Anton Volchenkov, who sat out the Devils' loss at the Minnesota Wild on Sunday due to a lower-body injury, told reporters Wednesday he would be in the lineup Thursday.

Flyers: After watching his team score one goal or fewer for the eighth time in 14 games this season during a 2-1 overtime loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday, Flyers coach Craig Berube again switched his lines in a quest to discover some sort of offense.

The top line Wednesday featured Claude Giroux centering Scott Hartnell and Jakub Voracek, with a second line of Vincent Lecavalier back at center, between Brayden Schenn and Matt Read.

The Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek combo has been together frequently the past two seasons, so there's hope something positive could come of it, at least for Giroux.Who's hot: Emery's success against the Devils last time out shouldn't be a surprise. In 10 previous games against New Jersey he was 5-3-2 with a 2.08 goals-against average, .928 save percentage and one shutout.

Injury report: Flyers forward Steve Downie is day-to-day with a concussion. … Devils defensemen Bryce Salvador (foot) and Jon Merrill (lacerations) and forwards Patrik Elias (upper body) and Ryane Clowe (head) are out.

http://devils.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020232&navid=DL|NJD|home

Figured since no one else has done it yet I would. 

Alyssa_Devils_zps0d6761cc.jpg

Edited by Jerzey Devil

I love that little kids are now heckling Zajac...

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/unhappy_halloween_trick-or-treater_tells_devils_travis_zajac_hes_doing_nothing_offensively/

If he had any, though, a reminder came on Halloween when the doorbell rang. When Zajac opened the door, he heard more than the usual “Trick or treat.”

“I actually got told by a kid on Halloween that I was doing nothing offensively,” Zajac said laughing.

Zajac still gave the youngster some candy.

“So, he’d keep his mouth shut,” he joked.