NFL Divisonal Playoffs

CRASHER

So wait, you're telling me a grown adult about to join a professional sports league isn't man enough to say shut up I'll go where I'm drafted??

What's his last name... Niedermayer?? :P

lol... it probably used to be that way...... but and im sure almost all would agree, sports is a business now a days. it doesnt work that way.

lol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to work I missed most of the game, but from the bit I saw in the second half before I had to go to another job, the Giants offense just couldn't get anything going, especially in the passing game and it looked like Tuck was struggling to keep playing on defense. I have to give the Eagles a ton of credit, they made plays when they had to and shut down the Giants. They deserved the win.

While today is disappointing I have to take a step back and look at how special this past year has been. The magical playoff run to win one of the best Super Bowls in history over a great team, the great start to this season, the way players played as a team no matter what happened (Strahan retiring, Umenyiora going down before the season, the Plaxico incident). I really thought that they had a good chance to repeat, but nothing is ever a given, especially in the NFL. I'm proud of the way this team has competed and I am excited to see them compete and hopefully contend next year and upcoming years.

Due to work I missed most of the game, but from the bit I saw in the second half before I had to go to another job, the Giants offense just couldn't get anything going, especially in the passing game and it looked like Tuck was struggling to keep playing on defense. I have to give the Eagles a ton of credit, they made plays when they had to and shut down the Giants. They deserved the win.

While today is disappointing I have to take a step back and look at how special this past year has been. The magical playoff run to win one of the best Super Bowls in history over a great team, the great start to this season, the way players played as a team no matter what happened (Strahan retiring, Umenyiora going down before the season, the Plaxico incident). I really thought that they had a good chance to repeat, but nothing is ever a given, especially in the NFL. I'm proud of the way this team has competed and I am excited to see them compete and hopefully contend next year and upcoming years.

Well said, I have seen three championship wins from the Giants in my lifetime. I can't complain some teams have seen none.

Wow, way to appreciate the last year you had... way to be a good fan instead of a spoiled brat about sports :P

u fvcking kidding me...the giants have disappointed me more then any other of my favorite teams...and im a spoiled little brat...my bad i wanna win. I mean I know im in the minority but come on...

u fvcking kidding me...the giants have disappointed me more then any other of my favorite teams...and im a spoiled little brat...my bad i wanna win. I mean I know im in the minority but come on...

Wanting to win is one thing

not realizing how HARD it is (in the NFL too with the level of injury and damage to one's body)

and appreciating it when it happens is another

wanting to stab yourself coming off a championship the year before is simply put flat out disgraceful!!

So yeah... spoiled brat and NO DESSERT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not realizing how HARD it is (in the NFL too with the level of injury and damage to one's body)

wanting to stab yourself coming off a championship the year before is simply put flat out disgraceful!!

Oh geez Crash watch it, do ya really want to hear how the cowboys haven't won a playoff game since whenever :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: Now the Giants fans know what its like to lose to a clearly inferior team : :rolleyes:

Oh geez Crash watch it, do ya really want to hear how the cowboys haven't won a playoff game since whenever :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: Now the Giants fans know what its like to lose to a clearly inferior team : :rolleyes:

my biggest regret was the Giants bandwagon had apparently given up on them already and not many fans showed up to the bar for the day..... don't get me wrong it's an ear to ear grin, but I say the same stuff when the same spoiled Devils fans whine about a 2 game losing streak :P

my afternoon was damn near perfect!

my biggest regret was the Giants bandwagon had apparently given up on them already and not many fans showed up to the bar for the day..... don't get me wrong it's an ear to ear grin, but I say the same stuff when the same spoiled Devils fans whine about a 2 game losing streak :P

my afternoon was damn near perfect!

haha yea nearly perfect a new theme in my sports life lol

whatever you're not making any sense but whatev.

whatever you're not making any sense but whatev.

Go follow a team like the Jets, the Browns, Cincinnati (well now)

Live and suffer through 3-13 every year... be awful.. be miserable... and then FINALLY climb to the top

and then see how much it means and how easy it is to appreciate

then you might see what i am talking about and not be a spoiled bitch about the good fortune of a successful franchise!!!

Go follow a team like the Jets, the Browns, Cincinnati (well now)

Live and suffer through 3-13 every year... be awful.. be miserable... and then FINALLY climb to the top

and then see how much it means and how easy it is to appreciate

then you might see what i am talking about and not be a spoiled bitch about the good fortune of a successful franchise!!!

been there done that way more then you lately if your a cowboys fan...I was around for the Dave Brown/Dan Reeves era i think thats pretty much a low point, we went to the playoffs didnt do anything till 2000. After that we didnt do anything...only made the playoffs then we got Eli. His first year we did bad Eli was called in and went something like 1-6. Next year we won the divison...one and done. The year after that we backed into the playoffs at 8-8 another one and done. The year after that we won the Super Bowl and now it looks like we are back to Eli's Sophmore season. Don't get me wrong i appreciated the super bowl win went to the parade the stadium celebration all that, but your crazy if you dont want to win it again. Don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed off the Cowboys won the SB last year and played this badly in your house in the first playoff game since then

Edited by Mike441

Don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed off the Cowboys won the SB last year and played this badly in your house in the first playoff game since then

I wasn't mad when the Devils lost to team Bourque in the 2001 Finals, so I can safely say no to that :P

I was more annoyed they got into a 21-0 hole in the 1994 NFC Title game, but I was nowhere near the irrational hissy fit you had a few hours ago

Don't worry you'll understand one day B )

Seriously? I mean, you make a decent point, but as a Seahawks fan myself, I'm just praying the Ravens wind up winning it all now. I can't bring myself to root for the Cards, and I'd rather sleep in a pile of AIDS (crasher shoutout) than root for the Eagles in the NFC (Today's game tore me fifty ways from Sunday, there was no way I'd be happy with either team winning).

I'm still not over losing the Super Bowl three years ago and I (probably unfairly) still hold it against the Steelers. It's been awhile since we were in the AFC now so I'm kind of over the Chargers rivalry, so I guess I won't mind if they make it. I won't love it though.

Well, I too hope that Ravens win it all. I'm just saying that I wouldn't really mind if they won it all because I like underdogs and I think it's funny how no one gives them a shot.

As for Philadelphia, I don't really mind the Eagles, I like McNabb. But I think Philadelphia doesn't need another championship. One is too many, two is definitely overkill.

As for SB XL, I feel the same way. Well I'm over it, but I still hate the Steelers. Come to think of it I never cared for them in the 1st place. But I really hated them after that. We got robbed, but I won't go into it, I know we've all talked that game to death...

fvck.my.life

the eagles suck and we lost to them. what a waste of time the last 4 months have been. heres to hoping their bus crashes so i can piss on all their graves

And yet Eagles fans are the ones who get ripped the most for having no class.

Sad. VERY VERY sad.

#1- McNabb picking up the phone on the sidelines was not classless. Anyone who thinks so is exhibiting extremely sour grapes.

#2- The Giants go beat by a team that is on a roll and who wanted it more. If you need any convincing of that fact just look at the short yardage plays.

#3- It was Eli that choked not McNabb.

#4- The Eagles are a formidable team with a great defense (not as good as the Ravens but great nonetheless), a very good QB, a couple dangerous weapons (Westbrook and Jackson) and a lights out kicker. Their problem this year is consistency. They could lay an egg in Arizona just as they did several times this year but if they bring their A game they could be the champs this year and worthy of it as well.

The lack of class in by some posters in this thread is quite funny as they really sound like 8 year olds who had their xbox time taken away.

#1- McNabb picking up the phone on the sidelines was not classless. Anyone who thinks so is exhibiting extremely sour grapes.

They're the same fans who probably jumped up and down doing that idiot "BALLIN" taunt they had a few years ago (damn I hated that double because an NBA taunt in an NFL game made me ill :P)

Least you saw my point on the sour grapes in this thread this weekend

The Giants were mediocre between SB XV and 2000 but never Jets awful. It may have seemed like those teams were all 3-13 nightmares but the defense kept them in games and kept the record, if not respectable then at least less putrid. From the SB year through this season the Giants only put up consecutive under .500 seasons twice, 95 and 96 - which saw the end of Reeves, and 02 and 03 which saw the end Fassel.

That was what was most infuriating about those Giants teams. They were terrible but since they did win the occasional game they never got a good draft pick. They were in the rut of garbage that the Blues were in for many years.

As for yesterday, the less said the better. So much for Eli for being a cold weather QB. And how do you not take the wind at Giants Stadium in January? There were so many un-Giant like decisions made. I think the coaching staff psyched themselves out with the bye week.

The Eagles are certainly hot and on a roll.....

Sorry, but I am anti-Eagles to the end. I have been living in South Jersey for four years now and the "Iggles" and their fans are the epitome of low class. Listening to their hero Howard Eskin on the radio today was sickening. He had a whole tirade about how New Yorkers suck, are arrogant, fair weather fans.....stuff totally unrelated to football. The fans were calling in saying Eli is a baby and doing really mature things like..."wah....cry..." You guys wouldn't believe it unless you live here.... There is blatant disgust, hatred, and resentment for all things NY/North Jersey. It's almost frightening. ...and for the record, I am not a Giants fan. I laugh when people talk about bad NY fans. There is simply no comparison.

Football means SO SO much to my poor neighbors. It's pathetic. It runs their lives. We love it here for three seasons. Every football season, we seriously consider moving back up north.