Captain?

Bibby89

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on (IF) Sykora makes the team, him getting the C with his positive attitude on and off the ice?

I dont think theres a chance of that even being considered.

I agree that it should be Zach's, but Im having a hard time accepting that if he's butthurt because of Kovalchuk.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced Zach should get the C. If the coaches want him to be the captain, then there's no point in giving it to anyone else (and then when Parise DOES sign a 10-year contract next year, what do you do? Take the C away from the captain you named this year?).

I agree that it should be Zach's, but Im having a hard time accepting that if he's butthurt because of Kovalchuk.

I hate those quotes from him Chico supposedly revealed, but... I don't know, those are really big accusations. It's just the exact opposite of what Parise is saying publicly and of what our perception of his person is. I don't want to judge him based on something that I'm not sure he really said. What I WILL judge are his actions next summer. No fan really knows what Zach is thinking and the only thing that will matter will be what he does on July 1st. Deeds not words.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced Zach should get the C. If the coaches want him to be the captain, then there's no point in giving it to anyone else (and then when Parise DOES sign a 10-year contract next year, what do you do? Take the C away from the captain you named this year?).

That's why I like Elias. He can have it til he retires and Zach or Kovy can take over.