Nfl Week 3!!!

CRASHER

Funny moment I forgot about last Sunday... I'm sitting there watching the Saints/Bills game (I love train wrecks... I watched EVERY SECOND of Lions/Redskins... ohhh BABY!!!)

but I turn over to see the Bengals take the lead with 15 seconds left

I yell NO fvckING WAY ... and kinda forget there's 10 Steeler fans sitting there with angry looks....

oops???

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead-Dolphins-Jask-PersianGulf1.jpg

scattered all over San Diego today.

Ginn can't catch a cold, chad hurt, porter hurt

Holy crap, does Ginn suck... couldn't catch a cold naked in the Arctic Circle... I'm sure you and the other Jet fans are getting a good laugh about Chad... I guess it was bound to happen the way things have gone for us. At least we'll get to see if Henne is any good. I give credit where it's due to the Jets too, as much as it pains me to do so... I hate their guts, but they look solid and Sanchez looks like the real deal. I have no idea how we're going to score any points on them with our pop-gun offense right now. Your prediction of 5-11 looks spot-on unfortunately.

Edited by MadDog2020

Funny moment I forgot about last Sunday... I'm sitting there watching the Saints/Bills game (I love train wrecks... I watched EVERY SECOND of Lions/Redskins... ohhh BABY!!!)

I yell NO fvckING WAY ... and kinda forget there's 10 Steeler fans sitting there with angry looks....

oops???

Or the time where we all yelled "How the hell do you do that?!" at Denver/Cincinatti across the bar from the one Bengal fan. :whistling:

oops???

I don't know how the Steelers are now 1-2, but I will take it, the more distance from them in the standing the better!!!

Edited by MantaRay

Or the time where we all yelled "How the hell do you do that?!" at Denver/Cincinatti across the bar from the one Bengal fan. :whistling:

I don't think it would be a football season if I didn't by accident piss her off :P

Least she never got hit by stray ice cubes and towels tossed in rage....

Damn I am an a$$hole..... good!!! :evil:

Holy crap, does Ginn suck... couldn't catch a cold naked in the Arctic Circle... I'm sure you and the other Jet fans are getting a good laugh about Chad... I guess it was bound to happen the way things have gone for us.

Eh I'll always like Chad...but unfortunately now it seems as if he's done for the season.

Strange but true, he really is an every other-year QB:

2002 - storms onto the scene with his best year

2003 - gets hurt for a few weeks, is so-so when he comes back

2004 - has a pretty good year, leads the team to the second round

2005 - tears the rotator cuff

2006 - miracle comeback and squeezes a scrappy Jets team into the playoffs

2007 - gets nicked up a couple times, has a poor year

2008 - another miracle comeback, nearly getting the MVP

2009 - out for the year again

Sadly with his age, injury history and lack of tools I don't think there'll be a third act for Chad.

Eh I'll always like Chad...but unfortunately now it seems as if he's done for the season.

Strange but true, he really is an every other-year QB:

2002 - storms onto the scene with his best year

2003 - gets hurt for a few weeks, is so-so when he comes back

2004 - has a pretty good year, leads the team to the second round

2005 - tears the rotator cuff

2006 - miracle comeback and squeezes a scrappy Jets team into the playoffs

2007 - gets nicked up a couple times, has a poor year

2008 - another miracle comeback, nearly getting the MVP

2009 - out for the year again

Sadly with his age, injury history and lack of tools I don't think there'll be a third act for Chad.

Sadly, I agree. Miami was waiting to get Henne in there in the next year, but now they have no choice.

Chad was a great QB.

Nah I like Chad, most Jets fans do. He's a classy student of the game, great leader, keeps his nose clean off the field. This will likely be the end of his Dolphin career but I hope to see him back on the field somewhere other than the AFC East so that I can root for him. I just don't know if he has it in him to rehab and come back again

Sadly, I agree. Miami was waiting to get Henne in there in the next year, but now they have no choice.

Chad was a great QB.

He was anywhere from bad to very good, but he was hardly great. I think his football brain was better than his arm. His only real misstep was his whole "it's an honor for you guys to cover such great athletes" flap with the press, but I can understand how the media can antagonize with the best of them, so I think Chad gets a pass for that.

'7'...do you mean the Jet fans that cheered when he got hurt when referring to most Jet fans that 'liked' Chad?

I will be forever grateful to Chad for last season... it was a hell of a ride. I feel terrible because NO ONE works harder than he does. No one. The guy studies film for like 8 hours a day. He will be a good coach in the league someday... sadly for his playing career, I think that day will come sooner rather than later. This would be his third surgery on that shoulder... I don't know how effective he can be if he does make it back... his arm was already severely weakened. Whatever happens, I wish Chad the best. He's a class act, and I hope he can come back and have success- he deserves better than to go out like this.

The Henne era has begun... I'm hoping for the best. Henne can immediately get on my good side if he would ever STOP STARING DOWN HIS RECEIVERS!! :argh:

Jets got lucky, but I'll take it. After all... there were 2 penalties that killed 2 large plays for the Jets, that were boarderline AT BEST. If we can win next week and go to 4-0, I'll feel more like we earned it. The Saints are undefeated, it's a road game, and Bree's is playing lights-out. However now (24 hours later) I'm just happy we got out of yesterday's game on the winning end.

Pats 2-1, Steelers 1-2. It's refreshing.

...and one could argue, New England's lucky to be 2-1 after their game -vs- the Bills.

Nah I like Chad, most Jets fans do. He's a classy student of the game, great leader, keeps his nose clean off the field. This will likely be the end of his Dolphin career, but I hope to see him back on the field somewhere.

Yeah I agree. It's a shame what happened to Chad. I hope it's not as serious as I fear it may be. Either way, I think Penny's career as a starter, has sailed off. He'll be 34 next year, and has had 5 injured seasons. If a team wants to sign him to play as their backup, I would suggest he take it. 100% class act.

If you're talking about me say so. It's nothing I haven't heard before.

I wasn't talking about you CR,(Believe me, if I was I would have said so) in another thread you have stated you are not a bandwagon fan, and I have no reason to doubt you.

There are some Pats "fans" and Steelers "fans" that are total bandwagoners. They have been posting on this board for a long time.

Is the bar set so low at the moment for me as a sports fan now that seeing that Cowboy game last night gave me a relaxed sigh and I slept almost normally last night ?? :P

Any update on Felix Jones???

least Choice is DAMNED GOOD

Damn straight.

I knew it last year it's why I didn't doubt the depth of our running game

scary part is he might be the most balanced and complete of all three of them....

any word on Jones/Barber for next week??

I knew it last year it's why I didn't doubt the depth of our running game

scary part is he might be the most balanced and complete of all three of them....

any word on Jones/Barber for next week??

Agreed. I thought this would be the strength of Dallas this year, but it looks like Dallas may need even more depth.

Not sure how bad Barber is, but I don't think Jones is that bad. Apparently, Choice was doing so good, the coaches decided Not to put Jones back in the game.

Crash it looks like Barber could've played if we needed him to, he wanted to and was pissed he didn't so he should be good for next game. Jones is getting an MRI but they said its standard fare and not really dictated by how bad they think it might be. Looks like he might rest against the Broncos...if I had to guess simply so we can stay healthy instead of having nagging things...

the sigh of relief? Yeah I had that too...at least the D tightened up in the second half (sure it was an 0-2 team but a desperate 0-2 team) We might have something in Butler so if he can give Spencer some rest and still attack the QB like that every game it'll open Ware up again....all signs pointing to improvement which is good. It means the players that need to learn are learning...we just need to up the curve on how fast they learn.

Sure it was a sloppy win but less sloppy in the second half when it mattered. The biggest question mark for the night was the back to back fade calls on the goal line...other than that we can take a decent amount of positives from the game....at least IMHO....

Agreed. I thought this would be the strength of Dallas this year, but it looks like Dallas may need even more depth.

Not sure how bad Barber is, but I don't think Jones is that bad. Apparently, Choice was doing so good, the coaches decided Not to put Jones back in the game.

I would think they could take it slow with the backs with Denver and KC on the schedule...these look like games we can put up a chunk of yards on (though 2 in a row of over 200 yards is impressive)

Crash it looks like Barber could've played if we needed him to, he wanted to and was pissed he didn't so he should be good for next game. Jones is getting an MRI but they said its standard fare and not really dictated by how bad they think it might be. Looks like he might rest against the Broncos...if I had to guess simply so we can stay healthy instead of having nagging things...

the sigh of relief? Yeah I had that too...at least the D tightened up in the second half (sure it was an 0-2 team but a desperate 0-2 team) We might have something in Butler so if he can give Spencer some rest and still attack the QB like that every game it'll open Ware up again....all signs pointing to improvement which is good. It means the players that need to learn are learning...we just need to up the curve on how fast they learn.

Sure it was a sloppy win but less sloppy in the second half when it mattered. The biggest question mark for the night was the back to back fade calls on the goal line...other than that we can take a decent amount of positives from the game....at least IMHO....

Yeah and like I said... MB and Choice is enough to get a good number on the Broncos

I was screaming and cursing at the TWO fade calls... more so the second one which looked SO AWFUL....

Garrett still has a LOT of work to do as Offensive General... his feel of the game at times is still just HORRID......

The Dolphins picked up Tyler Thigpen from KC for an undisclosed pick... he will be Henne's back-up.

I would think only a matter of time till he starts down there

this is an EXCELLENT under the radar pickup

Crash, the Red headed genius is calling plays like I used to in Madden...if it almost worked the first time then it has to work the second time right?

@ Has....I think it had to do with what Cassel was going to face...there would be a learning curve, one Thigpen wouldn't have to overcome. If they put Thigpen in he could do moderately well, maybe even do well.....as he did when he first came in for Green. They didn't want to take that chance and then have an awkward situation with Cassel who would be one hell of an overpaid backup. At least with Croyle they could possibly get some wins but he wouldn't usurp anyone....at least that's my opinion. I think they probably tried to get rid of Thigpen a while ago but had no takers...

And it looks like Jones has a strained PCL....means he'll probably be back after the bye...two games missed. Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of the season and hopefully I'm right about Barber being ready to go. We should be perfectly fine with Choice playing the Julius Jones part and Barber being the closer if he's not 100%....stick to the run but we have to try to open it up every so often...Austin has to be targeted at least twice a game...but then again, thats only if the defense gives it to us.

Crash, the Red headed genius is calling plays like I used to in Madden...if it almost worked the first time then it has to work the second time right?

I yell something simliar at him

THERE'S NO MADDEN REWIND IN THE NFL!!!

Someone take his PS3 away please????

I would think only a matter of time till he starts down there

this is an EXCELLENT under the radar pickup

It would be bad news if he starts at any point... it would mean Henne royally sucked, or got hurt. While I like Thigpen, and I love that he's only 25, this is Chad Henne's team now. It's his job to lose. He WILL play the rest of the season unless he gets hurt- the organization needs to see if they have anything with this kid.

What Thigpen brings to the table though is great athleticism and mobility, plus experience running the spread offense... I'm positive we will see him line up in the Wildcat in place of Pat White the rest of this season... White is nowhere near ready to be on an NFL field yet.