Brodeur out 3-4 Months

jkrdevil

Seriously dissapointed over this news. We all know the silence over this was adding to Brodeurs severity of the injury. Brodeur coming back in March-April means the majority of the season is going to have been played.

I don't think Lou will trade for a goalie, the available pool out there isn't that much better than what we have. Besides after last nights display of "woe is us" in front of Weekes it won't matter who is playing in net if that will be their mentality.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My jaw dropped when I saw this thread. Right now I am simply inconsolable. Nevertheless, I still feel we have a solid goaltender in Weekes. So long as the team does not get demoralized, we should be fine.

My only concern is that this injury, even after surgery, will affect Marty either physically or mentally.

Forget about Marty's new mask design. In a recent conversation about all the Devils player injuries as of late, this was posted last Friday in the "Andy Greene out four to six weeks" thread:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=667425

Well lets see.. its happened to forwards.. now a defenseman.. next is... goalie.. Marty?!

Now I'm not superstitious or anything, but ... :blink:

Back to reality. Here's wishing Marty a speedy and full recovery.

And the season's not over. These guys are still getting paid to win games, and we are all still Devils fans, so what else is there to do besides continue on rooting for the team!

:gd:

Forget about Marty's new mask design. In a recent conversation about all the Devils player injuries as of late, this was posted last Friday in the "Andy Greene out four to six weeks" thread:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=667425

Now I'm not superstitious or anything, but ... :blink:

Back to reality. Here's wishing Marty a speedy and full recovery.

And the season's not over. These guys are still getting paid to win games, and we are all still Devils fans, so what else is there to do besides continue on rooting for the team!

:gd:

Yes the whole board is aware I have superpowers to predict evil

SH!T!!!! Our worst nightmare has come true for the Devils and us fans. :evilcry::evilcry::evilcry:

I am very sick to my stomach when I heard the news and still sick over this. :puke:

The Ironman Brodeur has finally suffered a serious injury that needs surgery. The All-Time Wins records is now on HOLD. :saddevil: All the best to Brodeur and to a speedy and healthy recovery.

The NHL and the Devils are going to miss Brodeur for 3-4 months and hopefully he will be back late February or March. By then, I do hope the Devils are still in range for a playoff spot. I do not think winning the division is possible now.

So it will be Kevin Weekes unless Lou goes out and gets a veteran goaltender to help out Weekes. I wish and hope all the best to Weekes this season, but it will be a lot of pressure on him to keep this team above .500. Lou has to go out and get a goaltender wether it be Khabiboulin, Legace, Belfour etc. Weekes cannot do it alone.

Edited by SatansDevils

Ugh this sucks. I wouldn't feel this sick if we didn't have all these other players injured before this happened. I think Weekes can play well for us and he did have a good game against Buffalo. I still think our team could make the playoffs but our scoring is got to click more often. Our Powerplay needs to put the puck in the net.

I might vomit. I am definitely depressed. I was bored in a workshop and was playing on a friend's iphone. I read gulliti's blog, got up, left and went home. I am glad that so many of you have confidence in Weekes. I will keep reading your posts to try and cheer myself up. I will miss Marty terribly. Nevertheless, GO DEVILS!! GO WEEKES!! :evilcry:

You are not alone. :saddevil: I am so sick over this news that I am about to vomit. Also depressed and will miss Brodeur. Tough to stomach when he is my favorite player. :evilcry:

I almost killed my friend before, he said Brodeur should "tape it up. he's making six million dollars. goalies out there are having knee surgeries and coming back in 2 weeks." i asked him "like who?" who responded with dipietro, and I mentioned that he's out for at least two months. I haven't gotten a response yet.

What annoys me even more than the injury is the utter stupidity it brings out. Like the Ranger fan I work with who could barely contain his smile upon hearing. Or the Devil fan I work with who was glad to hear of the injury (I thought he was being sarcastic at first) because he said 'Marty can be rested for the playoffs now'. Uh yeah, the problem with that is we actually have to MAKE the playoffs first - which is certainly not guaranteed anymore :argh:

Edited by Hasan4978

What annoys me even more than the injury is the utter stupidity it brings out. Like the Ranger fan I work with who could barely contain his smile upon hearing. Or the Devil fan I work with who was glad to hear of the injury (I thought he was being sarcastic at first) because he said 'Marty can be rested for the playoffs now'. Uh yeah, the problem with that is we actually have to MAKE the playoffs first - which is certainly not guaranteed anymore :argh:

hey, maybe he just believes. :rolleyes:

So....um...I haven't read all the posts in this thread....but um....admins....did the board email me about this?

Yes, I felt was important news so I sent out an email to the forums. If you don't want those in the future uncheck "accept email from admin" In your My Controls area.

Yes, I felt was important news so I sent out an email to the forums. If you don't want those in the future uncheck "accept email from admin" In your My Controls area.

Nah...it's cool....just wanted to check....plus it didn't say it was from a user, or admin, so I wasn't sure.