I believe in our boys until we are mathematically eliminated

Renato Rodrigues

Alright so im very very curious here... If you guys had to either

a) sit at a table with me for 2 hours and talk about Lou not trying hard enough to keep his players

Or

b) sit a a table with Mike Brown for 2 hours and talk about our chances of making the playoffs...

Theres no options to shoot yourself in the mouth with a shotgun... Its one or the other... What do you pick?

a) sit at a table with me for 2 hours and talk about Lou not trying hard enough to keep his players

Or

b) sit a a table with Mike Brown for 2 hours and talk about our chances of making the playoffs...

Theres no options to shoot yourself in the mouth with a shotgun... Its one or the other... What do you pick?

I shoot myself in the head.
  • Like 3

Or

Become a Rangers fan.

not srs

semi srs

Edited by PWW

This team has had that old weird bent, where the hell did that fork come from in it for some time. The team battled really hard and their current record is if anything an example of overachieving, if you fully consider the roster and the goaltending situation. Hopefully, this off season they will get the much discussed offensive help they so desperately need.

As far as the playoff chance discussion, I will say I never thought I'd see a team down 3-0 in the series and down 3-0 in a game 4 to win that playoff series.

Do I think they have a chance? He'll no, but I didn't think the Flyers did either.

Edited by hystyk28

Slight, slight, chance. Just slight...

I'm not being blindly optimistic. I'm being realistic.

It's not realistic to expect 82 points to be enough points to make it in. Every team that has fewer than 90 points has to win more games before saying they're a playoff team. With that comes a possibility of any of those teams falling off the cliff just like Toronto.

The Rags, Flyers, Blue Jackets, Leafs, Wings, Caps have more winning to do before they can call themselves playoff teams. Any one of those teams can slump which would give an opening for any team outside looking in.

And if you think I'm being optimistic in any way, you've got me all wrong. I'm not saying we're gonna make the playoffs. I'm just saying there's a chance.

hehehe MB. You ARE being optimistic.

Any way, I don't believe they'll make it but I have hope. By Friday we'll know for sure. A 3.9% got us Larsson so why not a 20%+ chance?

No I'm not being optimistic.  I'm just not being pessimistic either.  Your bottom sentence is exactly what I have been saying in this entire thread.

Or

Wow...if there was ever a loaded question...

Seriously though, since you asked:

The only things I really fault you for are for bringing up and attacking Lou's MO more than you need to, either directly or indirectly, and not realizing that even the best GMs unfortunately don't see all of their moves work out year after year after year, regardless of their MOs...that's not saying everything Lou does can't ever be criticized, it's more saying that ANY GM who's been on the job as long as Lou has is eventually going to go through a less-fruitful stretch. I don't think you always express yourself exactly as you would like, which sometimes leads to communication breakdowns, but I attribute that more to a language barrier than anything else...English is clearly not your first language, and though your English is definitely pretty good, you post like a foreigner who hasn't grown up learning it, which means trying to say what you really mean in detail is probably difficult. But the one thing I'll say is, English issues aside, you have pretty clear stances, and at least when people are debating you, it tends to be about a particular topic where everyone has a pretty good idea exactly what your take is, even if people disagree with it.

But I'll take that everytime over:

No I'm not being optimistic.  I'm just not being pessimistic either.  Your bottom sentence is exactly what I have been saying in this entire thread.

Posts like this from MB always to lead to the same "debates" over and over again, but about the wrong things...there's never really a clear stand taken, and it leads to endless posts about semantics, shades of gray, playing both sides, etc.  DM84 pretty much nailed it a long time ago.  I don't get wrapped up in MB's whatever-you-want-to-call-it anymore (post-whoring, thread-clogging, etc), because he is clearly not going to take the advice he himself sought on how he can become a better and more likable poster, and will remain oblivious to the fact that his MO is detracting from what is otherwise a terrific board.

So short answer...I'll take the debate with you SD, at least it will be hockey-related and between two passionate fans who probably won't agree on at least half the topics, but will at least stay to the topics. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Or

I'd pick you all day on that one. At least you have a stance on the issue, whether we agree or not. There's a give and take, and an expression of ideas. I'd take that anytime over this endless game of semantics.

Or

My range (most bearable to least):

Sterio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MBrown >>>>>>> Par99 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SatansDevils

Edited by Neb00rs

Pay-per-view Njdevs cagematch event:

SterioDesign vs. Mike Brown in their own 1-on-1 thread, debating whether it's realistic, possible, and/or likely that Lou should or should not trade players on expiring contracts.

Subscribe now to witness the chaos live!

Pay-per-view Njdevs cagematch event:

SterioDesign vs. Mike Brown in their own 1-on-1 thread, debating whether it's realistic, possible, and/or likely that Lou should or should not trade players on expiring contracts.

Subscribe now to witness the chaos live!

Free knife with purchase to stab yourself with! :P

Oh my GOD SatansDevils, that's someone I forgot about. Mike Brown is so much like SD except I'm pretty sure SD had a slight mental issue or something, or English wasn't his first language?

lol no english is not my first language. But hey let's have a  french conversation and we'll see who sounds like he's having mental issues :P

Edited by SterioDesign

The last time I said the Devils had no shot was in 2000, when we were down 3-0 to the Flyers in the playoffs. they proved me wrong and won a Cup.

Every time I feel myself counting them out, I remember that time I gave up and I tell myself its not over yet. 

That's being a true fan.

Edited by mfitz804

All it takes is one hot streak.  This team is due a hot streak, and there is enough talent on this team to get on such a hot streak.  

No there isn't.  As a die-hard Devils fan, that's the hardest thing for me to admit, but it's the truth, and it's the truth, and it needs to be said.

Does SatansDevils post here anymore?  I don't really remember his name much (if at all) in my 4 years on here.

He's been inactive for well over a year.