Lowell/Trenton Rosters

titans04

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure looks like more of the same for Cormier where he can't even hold a roster spot at our level. 3 games played as a spare forward mixed in with a 3 day "healthy" IR stint and I believe an additional healthy scratch or two. Now this:

Trenton:

Add Gord Burnett, D activated off IR, 12/9

Delete Kevin Cormier, F recalled by New Jersey (NHL), 12/9

Pretty bad if Kowalsky has choosen to go without a tough guy in the lineup or for that matter on the roster. IMO Kevin has to at least get the nod over Howse.

Hoping he's still with the team on the road trip and this is just a very short term move on paper only.

Sure looks like more of the same for Cormier where he can't even hold a roster spot at our level. 3 games played as a spare forward mixed in with a 3 day "healthy" IR stint and I believe an additional healthy scratch or two. Now this:

Trenton:

Add Gord Burnett, D activated off IR, 12/9

Pretty bad if Kowalsky has choosen to go without a tough guy in the lineup or for that matter on the roster. IMO Kevin has to at least get the nod over Howse.

Hoping he's still with the team on the road trip and this is just a very short term move on paper only.

Cormier to NJ? I smell a trade.

Cormier to NJ? I smell a trade.

Could be but for it's not that uncommon when NHL contracted guys get recalled it shows up like this. Not always but it does happen. Regardless not a good sign as far as playing time for Kevin. Didn't take long this time around. Hopefully it's just on paper but at some point he's gotta show somebody something.

Could be but for it's not that uncommon when NHL contracted guys get recalled it shows up like this.

So I'm told. In that case, it's probably just a response to PLL being recalled to NJ.

Interesting wording, though.

Here ECHL Transactions - Nov. 29 Trenton:

Add Kevin Cormier, F assigned by Lowell (AHL)

Delete Myles Stoesz, F recalled by Lowell (AHL)

Here AHL Transactions for Lowell:

11/29/2009 Kevin Cormier (LW) Lowell DEL Reassigned by New Jersey (NHL) to Trenton (ECHL)

11/29/2009 Myles Stoesz (LW) Lowell ADD Reassigned by New Jersey (NHL) from Trenton (ECHL)

Here ECHL Transactions - Dec. 10 Trenton:

And as of 20:55 EDT 12/10, there's no mention of Cormier, or of LeBlond; the last AHL transaction for Lowell is Justin Coutu's return to Trenton release from PTO.

Probably bookkeeping and semantic details that are just hobgoblins for little minds like mine. :P

Edited by Shtikl

Kevin Cormier:

Mostly useless forward good at manning the nacho stand available for a bag of practice pucks or a bunch of lightly used sticks.

I'd be thrilled if they move him for a body because I'm beginining to wonder if we have a few guys in need of a change of scenery. Based on what I've seen of Kevin down here, what he brings is not what we need.

12/16

Trenton:

Delete Gord Burnett, D placed on the 21-day IR

Delete Justin Coutu, D placed on the 3-day IR

Delete John Wessbecker, D transferred to the 21-day IR

Takes care of the surfeit of defensemen, doesn't it? :evilcry: No help coming from Lowell any time soon, either. Same as last year, except Killer shouldn't count on having 2 other ECHL teams cough up their rosters mid-season.

Let's see... since 12/04 when they released Torti and Bartlett, they're 1-4-1-0. Before that, they were 7-11-1-1. (5-11-0-0

with Torti, 6-9-1-0 with Bartlett). Doesn't sound like the human sacrifice did much good yet.

Agree the moves haven't help but neither guy has been picked up anywhere else, they were both stiffs. Torti a huge bust - literally.

The moves leave Trenton with two open roster spots to fill today. Assuming Tomko shows up that would be one. Poli was also targeting tonight for his season debut, we'll see. Akeson's 21 days has been met but judging by the picture of his finger I can't imagine he'e ready to come back. If Tomko doesn't play we only have 5 defensemen.

** actually Bartlett ended up in the CHL, but maybe gone already.

Edited by titans04

The moves leave Trenton with two open roster spots to fill today. Assuming Tomko shows up that would be one. Poli was also targeting tonight for his season debut, we'll see. Akeson's 21 days has been met but judging by the picture of his finger I can't imagine he'e ready to come back. If Tomko doesn't play we only have 5 defensemen.

So is Ashmore ready to suit up, then?

Lowell makes the nice jesture by sending down Murray very helpful and appreciated. Not sure why but Lowell resigned Greg Flynn on 12/11.

12/17/2009 Chris Murray (D) Trenton ADD Returned on loan from Lowell/AHL

12/17/2009 Myles Stoesz (F) Trenton DEL Reassigned by New Jersey to Lowell

12/17/2009 Slavomir Tomko (D) Trenton Added

Edited by titans04

My spy says Flynn was up on the concourse at intermission Tuesday night, he's physically in Lowell. No idea whether he'll ever suit up for an AHL game.

Congrats on getting Murray and Stoesz back! Maybe they'll contribute good things tonight.

Completely OT but I'm not sure it's worthy of its own thread in Hell: Zach's big brother, former L-Devil Jordan Parise, has given up on the Penguins organization and headed back to Austria, will be playing for Klagenfurter Athletic Club's team. Don't know if Zach was fretting over his bro or not. Anyway, the T-Devils will have to beat somebody else next time they play Wheeling.

My spy says Flynn was up on the concourse at intermission Tuesday night, he's physically in Lowell. No idea whether he'll ever suit up for an AHL game.

Congrats on getting Murray and Stoesz back! Maybe they'll contribute good things tonight.

Completely OT but I'm not sure it's worthy of its own thread in Hell: Zach's big brother, former L-Devil Jordan Parise, has given up on the Penguins organization and headed back to Austria, will be playing for Klagenfurter Athletic Club's team. Don't know if Zach was fretting over his bro or not. Anyway, the T-Devils will have to beat somebody else next time they play Wheeling.

I saw that the Flyers shipped Teslak to Wheeling instead of back to Elmira which is interesting. According to the Nailers crowd Parise just seemed uninterested since day one.

Also I don't see anything that says Stoesz is back, highly doubt it.

Edited by titans04

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year T-Devils faithful, I guess they needed him for the day off for Lowell while T-Devils most likely get thier asses handed to them by Elmira tonight.

1/1

Trenton:

Delete Chris Murray, D recalled by Lowell (AHL)

Thankfully we have Luke Luckytobestealingapaycheck to fill the void.

Happy New Year T-Devils faithful, I guess they needed him for the day off for Lowell while T-Devils most likely get thier asses handed to them by Elmira tonight.

1/1

Trenton:

Delete Chris Murray, D recalled by Lowell (AHL)

Thankfully we have Luke Luckytobestealingapaycheck to fill the void.

:urg::saddevil: Svcks to be Trenton, what a sad sack season this has been. And no light at the end of the tunnel. :argh: Maybe the T-Devils booster club can start selling hand-decorated red paper bag masks instead of player-name keyrings?

Not sure whether the call-up is because of Davison's injury leaving Lowell with no spare blueliner, or something that happened last night (Taormina? Magnan?), or another call-up to take Salvador's place. No doubt all will be revealed tomorrow night, unless Ashmore can get the truth out of the T-Devils sooner.

PS -- sorry, is this for real? 4-0 half-way through the 2nd?

Edited by Shtikl

They're actually up 4-0 early in the 2nd, Elmira has yet to show up, good for us.

Interesting note - during Rick's pre-game interview he was talking about Fitzpatrick's blatant cheapshot on Poli with 1 second left in the last game as he went to open the bench door. Kowalsky thought and hoped that someone on the ice should have immediately went after Fitzpatrick but nobody did, something along the lines of "nobody had it in them or the ability to do it", he wishes they did. He put Murray out for the last faceoff to send a message but told him not to do anything stupid.

Maybe just maybe they should scrap one of the several marginally talented forwards and carry somebody that could actually drop the gloves.

Wonder where Cormier is these days, maybe at the world junior tournament watching Patrice?

Wonder where Cormier is these days, maybe at the world junior tournament watching Patrice?

I'll look for Cormier in the stands at tomorrow's game. Ask Ashmore to check, he knows MOB, maybe he'll get some news. Alas, and I most sincerely hope it's nothing so serious, but I suspect it's a longer term injury and he won't be back for awhile, if at all this season He is listed on Lowell's roster but he's not been listed on the printed game-day rosters from December, not announced as a scratch since his mysterious "call-up", and not spotted on the concourse.

But it's up to the ChrisLam and Kowalsky to find somebody to tide them over. It's a mortal sin to run a team without an enforcer.