GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Les Canadiens de Montréal

robdeselich88

a habs fan has been keeping track of scoring chances all year, here's the chances chart for today's game:

http://enattendantlesnordiques.blogspot.com/2011/02/20794-new-jersey-4-montreal-1.html

kovalchuk was on ice for 12 chances for, 2 chances against, at even strength. probably his best game as a devil.

Edited by Triumph

he'll be fine, if the docs didnt think there was a need for an mri, there is no structural damage, they just wanted to make sure he doesn't strain himself.

This is the DEVILS doctors we're talking about, they could fvck up a cup of coffee. If he tweaked a muscle that's one thing but I'm not going to get off high alert until Marty makes it through the game Tuesday, we heard this kind of stuff about the last injury - it was day-to-day and he missed a month basically.

I still can't get over the fact that Kovy was booed to the high heavens today. I mean god, he gets it in Atlanta, LA and the Garden for obvious reasons. Toronto too cause of Burke the twit but I was actually taken aback when I heard the boos in Montreal :lol: At least he responded with - agreeing with Tri here - his best game as a Devil.

This is the DEVILS doctors we're talking about, they could fvck up a cup of coffee. If he tweaked a muscle that's one thing but I'm not going to get off high alert until Marty makes it through the game Tuesday, we heard this kind of stuff about the last injury - it was day-to-day and he missed a month basically.

I still can't get over the fact that Kovy was booed to the high heavens today. I mean god, he gets it in Atlanta, LA and the Garden for obvious reasons. Toronto too cause of Burke the twit but I was actually taken aback when I heard the boos in Montreal :lol: At least he responded with - agreeing with Tri here - his best game as a Devil.

maybe devils should be employing a better team of doctors, say from my hospital where we do great work for the rags :giggle:

of course tweak is not bruise, it means he strained his MCL, but should be fine.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

Good game to make the trip to Montreal for! And had a good time with NJD_3_Cups pregame. Glad I was there...though the crowd wasn't quite as loud as usual. A few fans around me and I started a Lets Go Devils chant near the end of the game...never thought that'd happen! I hope Marty's okay.

3 canes games we have to win, and we can believe.

Yeah. And we owe those motherfvckers more than any team has owed any other team in the history of fvcking sports. At the very least, we fvck their chances of making the playoffs. Let's start administering some payback, eh?

• Like 1

That's because they are just upset that a lot of quote on quote big time star players never want to sign there. I agree that it was nice to see Kovy get 2 goals to rub it in as well.

If he keeps on playing like he does against the Thrashers, Rangers and Habs, I'd rather they booed him at every away arena. :)

Wow never heard of a situation like that with an automatic goal. I figured they'd give him a penalty shot if he got pulled down

In the 2000 playoffs, during the deciding game of the second round where the Devils held the Maple Leafs to six shots on the goal (for the entire game), Madden had a clear shot at an empty net with about 10 seconds left, when a frustrated Maple Leaf threw his stick at Madden to get him to miss. He still put the puck in the net, but he would've been awarded the goal no matter what. That's the only other time I can remember that happening.

As of now, though it's still a longshot, the Devils have at least put themselves in a position where, as of February 7, they've made it interesting, especially with the way the schedule shakes out. Three games over a little more than a week against the 'Canes.

I think they have to go at least 2-0-1 against them (though even that's probably not enough), and the two wins have to be outright wins...none of this 3-point sh!t. But at least we'll know if this team really has any chance at a playoff spot sooner than later, and how Lou should approach the trading deadline.

I think they have to go at least 2-0-1 against them (though even that's probably not enough), and the two wins have to be outright wins...none of this 3-point sh!t. But at least we'll know if this team really has any chance at a playoff spot sooner than later, and how Lou should approach the trading deadline.

lou should look at the trade deadline one way, regardless of how the devils are playing and that's to trade arnott and probably greene too.

the devils can lose about 3 or 4 more games for the REST OF THE SEASON if they want to make the playoffs. I would say there is about a 2% chance of this happening. It would be more historic than how terrible they were under maclean.

Yeah. And we owe those motherfvckers more than any team has owed any other team in the history of fvcking sports. At the very least, we fvck their chances of making the playoffs. Let's start administering some payback, eh?

Well we did finish 'em off last year, that's a start at least :lol: Agreed with the sentiment though, they pull so many preposterous comebacks on us it'd be nice to do it to them.

Because in Montreal the fans pick the 3 stars.

Hey Mike it nice meeting you guys, hope you had a great time.

As for Subban, I am quite alright with him getting the third star, his goal got me and my row a free beer at the game!

Sitting in the molson ex zone was crazy, didn't get heckled anywhere near as much as I expected, def got booed after I was clapping and cheering after every devils goal though!

Hey Mike it nice meeting you guys, hope you had a great time.

As for Subban, I am quite alright with him getting the third star, his goal got me and my row a free beer at the game!

Sitting in the molson ex zone was crazy, didn't get heckled anywhere near as much as I expected, def got booed after I was clapping and cheering after every devils goal though!

Yeah it was a lot of fun, nice meeting you too!

Subban got the second star, but I still think he deserved that too.

I didn't really get heckled either, just got up and cheered when they scored and was pretty quiet the rest of the time. I just got heckled as we were walking out by some stupid young fans who just went "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" I actually had some good conversations with some Habs fans like "I guess the trip was worth it" and "Good for you for wearing your colors". One guy even took our picture, which was a nice gesture...