79 replies to this topic

#61 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Just found out that I could proably go tonight. Any chance scalpers would be fair price?

If you hurry, ticketmaster just released pairs in the $70 and $90 sections. I think they take them off the site at 3:00.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#62 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:22 PM

If you hurry, ticketmaster just released pairs in the $70 and $90 sections. I think they take them off the site at 3:00.

Thanks but I would be bringing the woman so they would be too much. :blush:
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#63 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:40 PM

I hope they can pull a win and make everyone including Dano, happy :)
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#64 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:55 PM

I hope they can pull a win and make everyone including Dano, happy :)

They better win tonight- can't lose on the night we honor Mr. Devil. Let's honor Dano the way he deserves babbyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#65 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

I wana go :evilcry:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#66 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

someone on my devils group on myspace is giving away 2 tickets..cause people bailed on her.
behind marty.

I actually am bummed i sold my tickets cause I actually am having a good health day..and feel good enough to go...

so if anyone is on the devils group there.. and needs tickets.. contact her
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#67 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

I just want to say that truly was an outstanding ceremony. Daneyko's speech was just awesome!!!!! What a classy guy! He really was great! :hail: :hail: And you fans gave him the reception he deserved. :clap: :clap:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#68 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,335 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:57 PM

That ceremony deserves an A+. I loved Dano's speech, made me cry too.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#69 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

Just got home, man that was wonderful. What a splendid night.

Daneyko is Forever Mr. Devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job by Dano, Doc, Vanderbeek, Lou, everyone who participated.

Some folks who did video tributes:
- Peter McNab
- Kirk Muller
- Claude Loiselle
- Jacques Lemaire
- Brendan Shanahan
- Kevin Smith
- Joe Cirella
- Tom Chorske

Any others anyone else can remember?
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#70 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:07 AM

Fantastic ceremony.

I was hoping it would be a little different but his speech was great.

I don't understand why White, Madden and Rafalski can't smile? Especially the first two.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#71 ljc99

ljc99

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:32 AM

Some folks who did video tributes:
- Peter McNab
- Kirk Muller
- Claude Loiselle
- Jacques Lemaire
- Brendan Shanahan
- Kevin Smith
- Joe Cirella
- Tom Chorske

Any others anyone else can remember?

Bruce Driver
Pat Verbeek
Randy Velisheck
Bobby Carpenter
Pat Burns
Chico

#72 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:31 AM

Its 2:33 am and Im still pumped from the game. Truly along with Stevens night, a historic night at the Meadowlands!! So glad Ive been there for two :)

BTW, unlike the Hurricanes, the Bruins organization I thought had no class for not being there for the ceremony. They didnt have to be there but it would had been nice for them to show some respect.

Edited by njdevils2003champs, 25 March 2006 - 02:41 AM.

Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#73 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:01 AM

BTW, unlike the Hurricanes, the Bruins organization I thought had no class for not being there for the ceremony. They didnt have to be there but it would had been nice for them to show some respect.

Was the first thing I noticed on the tube.

Great job done though. :clap: :clap:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#74 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:22 AM

Come on... Dick Jacobs was afraid he'd have to pay the players overtime for standing out there :P

Serves them right though... they came out VERY flat footed after it was all over B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#75 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:57 PM

i'll be there in 241 with aspecial guest star from Texas who had water issues...

Not sure how or why this became a secret, it sure wasn't supposed to be! :noclue:

It was nice meeting those I had a chance to meet! :)
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#76 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

Not sure how or why this became a secret, it sure wasn't supposed to be! :noclue:

It was nice meeting those I had a chance to meet! :)

Dunno ..some people are funny about anonymity... just respecting yours bro... :koolaid:
That being said.. I truly enjoyed running into the many people who post regularly and semi-regularly.

Edited by El Diablo, 25 March 2006 - 09:01 PM.

Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#77 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:08 AM

Although your post didn't make it in any way anonymous - if that's what you were going for! :evil:
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#78 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:12 AM

Dunno ..some people are funny about anonymity... just respecting yours bro... :koolaid:
That being said.. I truly enjoyed running into the many people who post regularly and semi-regularly.

I certainly appreciate that! I guess I just didn't bother mentioning it so it became a secret somehow. :noclue: Everything turned out well so it's all good! :hail:

Although your post didn't make it in any way anonymous - if that's what you were going for! :evil:

Yah but by then it didn't really matter! :P
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#79 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:14 AM

Exactly !
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#80 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:38 AM

wish I'd been able to make it to the game.. but then again, I didn't want to detract from my Stevens night experience!

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users