Marty and the Queen Have a Drink

msweet

And let's not forget how an ancient Marty outplayed Lundy in the ECF 2 years ago.

Rags fans were really talking trash before that series.

I'll never forget seeing the Rag fans that were there all scatter like ants after Henrique scored. I saw a few of them literally RUNNING down the stairs to get out of the building that night. It was glorious.

I had so much fun with that pix this weekend.

DR33 I think Lundy is great, but I am so tired of Rags fans telling me how he is better than marty.. where is he better than marty?  His team plays just as defensive as many Devils teams did for Marty, the late 90's it lseemed like every other Devil game was a 1 goal game. and he has won many many playoffs games for NJ.  Shutting up the Rags fans was alot of fun this weekend...  and I did it w/out any Cups :-)

They'll talk about how Lundqvist has "dominated" Marty (especially in the regular season), but they'll gloss over how Marty has outplayed Lundqvist in two out of three playoff series, including one where Marty was 40 years old.  And Lundqvist having the Devils' number has as much to do with the Devils becoming a bottom-half offensive team in recent seasons than anything else.      

Not sure how a goalie dominates another goalie anyway (all they can really do is outplay each other), though I will say Lundqvist has definitely dominated the Devils' shooters as times...then again, so has a gaggle of rookie and backup goaltenders as of late.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Shall I find the interview where he accuses Marty of diving?

Yes, please post a link if you have it! It would be good to have those quotes handy for any future Brodeur/Lundqvist arguments -- along with some GIFs of Lundqvist's dives, including his outrageous flop in this year's Finals. :)

Edited by 95Crash

Yes, please post a link if you have it! It would be good to have those quotes handy for any future Brodeur/Lundqvist arguments -- along with some GIFs of Lundqvist's dives, including his outrageous flop in this year's Finals. :)

Let's see if it can be found. It was from 2013 season.

I think the diving quote by the Queen came from this game but I could be wrong

I was at this game at MSG and it was amazing...fun to watch the Rags fans leave cursing Marty

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2009020682

Haha, I was at this game too, some idiot Rangers fan on the way out was like 'Who cares if we lost - the Devils have no fans'.  Rangers fans around me during the game were also loudly complaining about Langenbrunner and Parise being on the Olympic team, when one made a crack about Parise I had to remind them about Hugh Jessiman.

I think Pikkarainen was credited with 4 or 5 shots in that game. 

They'll talk about how Lundqvist has "dominated" Marty (especially in the regular season), but they'll gloss over how Marty has outplayed Lundqvist in two out of three playoff series, including one where Marty was 40 years old.  And Lundqvist having the Devils' number has as much to do with the Devils becoming a bottom-half offensive team in recent seasons than anything else.      

Not sure how a goalie dominates another goalie anyway (all they can really do is outplay each other), though I will say Lundqvist has definitely dominated the Devils' shooters as times...then again, so has a gaggle of rookie and backup goaltenders as of late.   

Personally, I don't care about comparisons. Brodeur has all the records. Lundqvist carried them without the benefit of a stud center. The only goalie I can think of is Giguere in 2003.

As a hockey fan you have to respect how Lunqvist played this year. Ranger or not he played great an earned the accolades. Most of my Ranger fans shared the same respect towards Marty his entire career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a lucky guy as most of the Ranger fans I encounter take any chance they can get to take shots at Marty

You are a lucky guy as most of the Ranger fans I encounter take any chance they can get to take shots at Marty

Me too. And they're personal shots usually, they're always quick to bring up Marty's affair. I guess that's all they've got, since he's owned them in every way possible for 20 years...

Haha, I was at this game too, some idiot Rangers fan on the way out was like 'Who cares if we lost - the Devils have no fans'.  Rangers fans around me during the game were also loudly complaining about Langenbrunner and Parise being on the Olympic team, when one made a crack about Parise I had to remind them about Hugh Jessiman.

I think Pikkarainen was credited with 4 or 5 shots in that game. 

It may be beside the point but Drury was a complete waste of a roster spot on that USA team,

Me too. And they're personal shots usually, they're always quick to bring up Marty's affair. I guess that's all they've got, since he's owned them in every way possible for 20 years...

I guess you could say that he's fvcked the Rangers more than anything else really... :icon23:

As a hockey fan you have to respect how Lunqvist played this year. Ranger or not he played great an earned the accolades. Most of my Ranger fans shared the same respect towards Marty his entire career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually get something like: yeah he is a good goalie but we all know his defense, Stevens, Niedermayer made him. The real shame is you have no one at your arena to see him play.

9m3fp.jpg

That's better than my Original

Game 2 Save % was .886

Game 3 Save % was .800

The other 3 games he played well enough to win, but only got 1 victory

For the OTs.

Game 1 - 1 goal allowed on 2 shots

Game 2 - 1 goal allowed on 6 shots

Game 5 is the one time h was fantastic in OT with 1 goal on 22 shots against

So, no he did not play well in Game 1 OT,  played only ok in Game 2 OT, stunk in Game 3 regulation.

Not the "killer" that eveyone's perception seems to be.

Edited by BlueSkirt
  • Like 1

Ok good point but it was an amazing performance in game 5. I understand why we Devil fans like poking at the guy but in reality he is the reason why that team has been successful lately. I honestly like the player, wish he was on a different team.

Edited by Zubie#8