NFL Week 5!!!!!

CRASHER

What's interesting about this is, if the Jets decide to part ways with Rex Ryan should the Jets go 7-9 or 6-10 (I'm not sure how they could let him go if he goes 8-8 with a QB who was clearly green to start the year), Ryan might be able to get another head coaching gig, instead of having to be a defensive coordinator again. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...the Jets deserve credit for what they're doing, but this is a disaster for the Falcons.  Potential back-to-back home losses, and three straight overall to the AFC East.  The losses are at least out of conference, which takes a teeny amount of the sting out, but that's a team that NEEDS its home wins in the worst way. 

And ANOTHER stupid penalty away from the play by the Jets in the endzone :argh:

More clutch play from this 'great' defense :P

While I am happy right now that it's at the Jets expense this time, I really wish that something could be done about ticky tack pass interference and holding penalties.  It's just an invitation for the refs to call it whenever they want.

I think Gruden is right that pass interference ought to be something blatant.  Perhaps the trade off is that offensive holding be given the same treatment.  At that point, the game might actually be decided by the players a little more often.

Atlanta getting carved up...not sure why any Jets fans would be so quick to bail in this spot...lots of time left, all three time outs, only need a FG.

Win or lose, terrific game for Geno Smith. 

Falcons are toast. 

Geno has his limitations, but he showed a lot of moxie this week...apologizing face-to-face to the D for his game last week, then going out and delivering against a hungry team on the road this week.

And I'll say this again...why the Jets were looking to get rid of Nick Folk this offseason I have no idea.

Jets - Pats game two weeks from now just got very interesting...both teams could be 4-2 heading into that one...

Geno has his limitations, but he showed a lot of moxie this week...apologizing face-to-face to the D for his game last week, then going out and delivering against a hungry team on the road this week.

And I'll say this again...why the Jets were looking to get rid of Nick Folk this offseason I have no idea.

More TD passes and same amount of wins as Tannehill. 

Jets - Pats game two weeks from now just got very interesting...both teams could be 4-2 heading into that one...

Yeah but I ain't counting any chickens yet...the Steeler game is exactly the kind of game that always trips the Jets up the minute they get any prosperity, especially at home. But at least things are still interesting after five weeks, which is more than I expected anyway :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well it's too early to say this game was a "turning point" or anything, but this is the best game a Jets qb played (with no Holmes and a hobbled, but gutsy Kellen Winslow) in a long long time

Mo Wilk, what can you say. He will be in the discussion of top 5 defensive players in the entire league soon

Rex as usual loves to send everyone on a game deciding 3rd or 4th down. It never works. Might as well stick with conventional, because most of the time that gets it done too.

Refs tried...boy did they try to give this game to Atlanta. But the Jets took it right back

Folk still worries me, but he's yet to cost a game with a FG (knock on wood)

Geno was perfect. Didn't run backwards, didn't dance around and take 20 yard sacks. Took whatever the falcons gave him. Shots downfield (Cumberland) when he had them. Dump offs to Kerley and Powell when he had those. He protected the football. He was calm, cool, and collective taking us down for the winning field goal.