Barclays Center, MSG, Prudential Center 1-2-4 in US

msweet

The magnitude of the New York/New Jersey concert and family show market was underscored by Billboard’s rankings. Three of the top four U.S.-grossing arenas are in this region — No. 2 overall Barclays Center in Brooklyn ($46.9M), No. 4 Madison Square Garden in Manhattan ($39.5M), and No. 8 Prudential Center, which in the United States also trailed the sixth-ranked Staples Center in Los Angeles ($36.2M).

The Newark arena sold out 11 of 41 events, while Barclays Center sold out 20 of 90 and the Garden sold out 22 out of 33.

- See more at:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/Barclays_Center_MSG_Prudential_Center_1-2-4_in_US_in_new_Billboard_rankings.html#sthash.5KKXTYHQ.dpuf

This is great news, although those numbers from Barclays are pretty suspect. It's the smallest of the 3, I'd imagine they've inflated those numbers.

But yes, this is directly good news for Devils fans and Rangers fans considering the direct ownership situation they have (which is pretty rare nowadays).

This is great news, although those numbers from Barclays are pretty suspect. It's the smallest of the 3, I'd imagine they've inflated those numbers.

But yes, this is directly good news for Devils fans and Rangers fans considering the direct ownership situation they have (which is pretty rare nowadays).

I think the fact its new and shiny and in Brooklyn helped get it alot of dates.

I think the fact its new and shiny and in Brooklyn helped get it alot of dates.

To me Barclays is ugly, it looks rusted from the outside. The seats are cramped and steep. I prefer Pru Center and not from a strict homer sense. It's got wider concourses too

Barclays seems like it tries hard to be the GQ arena,

Edited by '7'

To me Barclays is ugly, it looks rusted from the outside. The seats are cramped and steep. I prefer Pru Center and not from a strict homer sense. It's got wider concourses too

They used steel that would rust on purpose to give it 'that' look. So dumb.

The outside looks disgusting in the day time. I heard it looks ridiculous at night. I liked the variety of food they had though and the inside I thought was nice but I'd still take the pru center too. (overall area around the arena though obviously bk wins over downtown Newark)

Wait, what?

Its crazy lol.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/nyregion/building-with-weathering-steel-both-rugged-and-rusty.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

traditional materials were rejected in favor of 12,000 separate pieces of what is called “weathering steel,” and that leathery brown hue, which is the arena’s final finish, is not paint but an intended layer of rust.

Edited by Zubie#8

The outside looks disgusting in the day time. I heard it looks ridiculous at night. I liked the variety of food they had though and the inside I thought was nice but I'd still take the pru center too. (overall area around the arena though obviously bk wins over downtown Newark)

I hate the place (my landlord sold my building because it fvcked with property values in Brooklyn), but it looks pretty cool.

The rust also helps saves money as it actually acts like a protective coating over the steal and delays corrosion.

Haven't been to the Barclay's Center yet but I can imagine the food inside is a thousand times better than the slop they have at the Rock.

it's not

The food at the Rock is not so bad. I mean for arena grub, it's actually pretty darn good.

Out of curiousity where did the Nassau Coliseum end up?  

I bet it was a bit higher than expected since the Garden didn't host as many events with the renovation

Still, once they lose their anchor tenant to Barclays, Nassau becomes pretty much obsolete. Even if they try to renovate it and scale it down. Nobody is going to want to play a small venue that's now even smaller when they can play Barclays or MSG and Pru and be closer to the city.

I bet it was a bit higher than expected since the Garden didn't host as many events with the renovation

Still, once they lose their anchor tenant to Barclays, Nassau becomes pretty much obsolete. Even if they try to renovate it and scale it down. Nobody is going to want to play a small venue that's now even smaller when they can play Barclays or MSG and Pru and be closer to the city.

I think it could be a decent medium sized concert venue.... if they put money into it.    But man, it needs money put into it.   It's still a market that needs servicing.  It's not like the Pru Center/Meadowlands thing where they're 10 minutes from each other.

I think it could be a decent medium sized concert venue.... if they put money into it.    But man, it needs money put into it.   It's still a market that needs servicing.  It's not like the Pru Center/Meadowlands thing where they're 10 minutes from each other.

Exactly, the people in those "far east" (to us at least) towns in Bethpage or Levittown of Farmingdale...the Nassau Coliseum is the best they've got. And if they lose that it's going to be a tough shlep over to Brooklyn to see U2 or Green Day.

The rust also helps saves money as it actually acts like a protective coating over the steal and delays corrosion.

Haven't been to the Barclay's Center yet but I can imagine the food inside is a thousand times better than the slop they have at the Rock.

Unfortunately for them, the ties in the steel have already been in need of replacement.

The rock does need to step up the food options, especially with more and more restaurants/bars opening up outside

After sampling Yankee stadium and red bull arena the food at the rock is crap

well apples and oranges comparing hockey to baseball and whatever is played at red bull arena. Baseball stadiums always have more options, they're flat out bigger and have more space for variety. But Yankees Stadium is unbelievably overpriced, and I can't think of anything I've had there that blew me away. Certainly nothing on the level of shake shack

Also, that rust look is pretty trendy as far as NYC architecture goes in the past 10 years. I personally like it, but I'm in the architecture field so I sip that kool-aid daily when trying to sell this stuff to clients haha..

After sampling Yankee stadium and red bull arena the food at the rock is crap

Yeah, RBA is great, and their beer selection is unbeatable. They have those stands with the huge refrigerators that resemble like a beer depot/bodega. I'm in heaven when I go there.

well apples and oranges comparing hockey to baseball and whatever is played at red bull arena. Baseball stadiums always have more options, they're flat out bigger and have more space for variety. But Yankees Stadium is unbelievably overpriced, and I can't think of anything I've had there that blew me away. Certainly nothing on the level of shake shack

The beer and food in general at Yankee stadium was actually cheaper.  Soda was cheaper by almost a dollar when I went back in May.

I like the Taste of Newark concessions at the Rock, their pulled pork and gyro are good. :D

Almost, if not entirelly all of those Taste of Newark Concessions are now operated by Aramark and not the original places that were in there when it opened.

Example: The "Italian hot dog" they tried to serve me this past season, they served it on a regular hot dog bun with very little peppers, onions and potatoes.

Food at the Rock now is bottom of the barrell.  Barclays has better food, Citi Field has better food, RB Arena has better food, Yankee stadium has better food and even friggin MSG has better food.  The Rock pretty much forces me to eat outside the arena and sometimes that is not much of an option when I am getting to the game at the last minute from work.