bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

im thinking that maybe he meant Bernie Parent

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nobody in their right mind would compare cujo with bernie parent. Parent is up there with dryden, roy, belfour, brodeur, tretiak, sawchuk, and plante for all time greats. Parent won 2 conn smythes back to back, 2 vezinas i believe, and was absolutely incredible. He was the reincarnation of jake the snake plante. Injuries derailed him down the road, but he was amazing nonetheless.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#1442 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:59 PM

You can make all the excuses in the world for him, but the bottomline is he was never a great goalie (Roy, Brodeur, Belfour category) and basically an average goalie who made the easy saves look hard.

In a few years he will be remembered along the ranks of Rob Tallas, Richie Parent and Blaine Lacher for all his greatness.  Its seems most hockey GM's ignored him this summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't want to have to do this. But you leave me no choice. You mean like some of those classic Brodeur glove saves on routine slappers where he makes it look more difficult? They all do it. Roy used to have his statue pose on glove saves. At least he got burned once against Detroit.

Martin Brodeur has never stolen a series in Mike Richter or Cujo fashion. It isn't a knock on him. More like a dose of reality for you who measures an elite goalie's status on Cups. A lot has to go right to win 16 times in the playoffs. Reality is only one goalie wins every year. Find me the Leafs team that was on par with any of those three Devils Cup championship teams. And I'll give you a hint. The weakness wasn't in net.

P.S. Hasek never needed to win his Cup in Detroit to be considered an elite goalie. He earned that all by himself.

You really should consider yourself lucky that you didn't have a Keenan who pushed Cujo out for no reason. Nobody will ever know if he would have been a Blue for his entire career.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1443 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:08 PM

You can make all the excuses in the world for him, but the bottomline is he was never a great goalie (Roy, Brodeur, Belfour category) and basically an average goalie who made the easy saves look hard.

In a few years he will be remembered along the ranks of Rob Tallas, Richie Parent and Blaine Lacher for all his greatness.  Its seems most hockey GM's ignored him this summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't want to have to do this. But you leave me no choice. You mean like some of those classic Brodeur glove saves on routine slappers where he makes it look more difficult? They all do it. Roy used to have his statue pose on glove saves. At least he got burned once against Detroit.

Martin Brodeur has never stolen a series in Mike Richter or Cujo fashion. It isn't a knock on him. More like a dose of reality for you who measures an elite goalie's status on Cups. A lot has to go right to win 16 times in the playoffs. Reality is only one goalie wins every year. Find me the Leafs team that was on par with any of those three Devils Cup championship teams. And I'll give you a hint. The weakness wasn't in net.

P.S. Hasek never needed to win his Cup in Detroit to be considered an elite goalie. He earned that all by himself.

You really should consider yourself lucky that you didn't have a Keenan who pushed Cujo out for no reason. Nobody will ever know if he would have been a Blue for his entire career.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well put derek.
ah dammit it took it to another page.

Edited by bruins4777, 24 August 2005 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#1444 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:12 PM

im thinking that maybe he meant Bernie Parent

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nobody in their right mind would compare cujo with bernie parent. Parent is up there with dryden, roy, belfour, brodeur, tretiak, sawchuk, and plante for all time greats. Parent won 2 conn smythes back to back, 2 vezinas i believe, and was absolutely incredible. He was the reincarnation of jake the snake plante. Injuries derailed him down the road, but he was amazing nonetheless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:noclue: i dunno richie parent just makes no sense because he only played 22 games in the nhl

Edited by Satans Child, 24 August 2005 - 10:13 PM.

#1445 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

You must be referring to Bernie Parent of the '74 and '75 Flyers:

http://www.hockeydb....a...?pid[]=4146

The two seasons he put together were incredible.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1446 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

On topic from TSN tracker:

Carolina Hurricanes - Agreed to terms with forward Niklas Nordgren on a one-year contract.

Dallas Stars - Signed forward Jussi Jokinen to a two-year contract, forward Loui Eriksson, goaltender Tobias Stephan and defenceman Nicklas Grossman to three-year contracts and defenceman Dan Jancevski to a one-year contract.

Detroit Red Wings - Signed defenceman Andreas Lilja, who had been with the Nashville Predators, and forward Don MacLean, who had been with the Columbus Blue Jackets, to one-year contracts; re-signed forward Matt Ellis to a two-year contract.

Los Angeles Kings - Agreed to terms with defenceman Joey Mormina on a multi-year contract.

Minnesota Wild - Signed forward Peter Olvecky.

New York Islanders - Re-signed forward Justin Papineau to a one-year contract.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Signed defenceman Daniel Fernholm.

San Jose Sharks - Signed forward Tom Cavanagh.

Tampa Bay Lightning - Re-signed forward Martin St. Louis to a six-year contract.

Toronto Maple Leafs - Acquired forward John Pohl from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for future considerations.

Vancouver Canucks - Re-signed restricted free agent defenceman Mattias Ohlund to a multi-year contract.

Washington Capitals - Signed forward Chris Clark.

#1447 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:27 AM

Its seems you all missed my point: I was not comparing his "talent" to Blaine Lacher and RICHIE Parent ---I said he will be REMEMBERED along the same lines, meaning: forgotten.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1448 KarlovyVary

KarlovyVary

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:13 AM

Who could forget Parent with a name like that. If being forgotten means being remembered forever by a cool name, "Cujo" tops my list.

Florida Panthers - Restricted free agent goaltender Roberto Luongo awarded one-year, $3.2 million US contract via salary arbitration.

Montreal Canadiens - Re-signed restricted free agent defenceman Andrei Markov to a two-year contract.

Ottawa Senators - Signed defenceman Andrej Meszaros to a multi-year contract.

Nice to see Markov back with the Canadiens, I was starting to get worried. Krikunov still wants him back to play with Russia for the Eurotour. We'll see how that works out.... :P

I suppose Ottawa had to sign Meszaros or he possibly wouldn't have anywhere to play. I hope to find out soon why people make such a big fuss of him.

#1449 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

The Calgary Flames announced Thursday that the team has traded defenceman Toni Lydman to the Buffalo Sabres for a third round choice in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

TSN.ca
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#1450 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:14 PM

good deal for buff, i was just coming into post this.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#1451 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:38 PM

The 2004 Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed unrestricted free agent left winger Dave Andreychuk to a two-year contract.

TSN.ca

#1452 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:40 PM

:clap:

:blink: TWO years... yeeesh....

Edited by Darwindog, 25 August 2005 - 04:40 PM.

A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#1453 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired defenceman Mark Popovic from the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in exchange for forward Kip Brennan.

TSN.ca

Edited by sammyk, 25 August 2005 - 04:49 PM.

#1454 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

Anaheim picking up another enforcer?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#1455 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:48 PM

The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired defenceman Mark Popovic from the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in exchange for forward Kip Brennan.

TSN.ca

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooooo very nice, some junk goon for a decent prospect on defense.
Posted Image

#1456 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:50 PM

Anaheim picking up another enforcer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess they are following the old if you can't beat 'em then beat 'em up style.

#1457 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

burke is making some awful trades.

#1458 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,905 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

burke is making some awful trades.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I really have no idea what he is doing. He's giving away all his depth for nothing. I think he will make another deal before the season starts, as well as sign a free agent - but why deal Mark Popovic for Kip Brennan? It just doesn't make sense on any level.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1459 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:15 PM

Korolyuk to stay in Russia this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...y.asp?ID=134579

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#1460 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:50 PM

Burke is proving just how overrated a GM he is. That deal is just pathetic on so many levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users