GDT: Devils @ Kings 10:30PM

PWW

eh, I wouldn't call their Ice Girls Victoria's Secret Models... I'm really neutral about cheerleaders at hockey games anyway. If they give you jollies watching them, great, but even at football games most people don't care about the cheerleaders. And nobody care much for the Kings after the Gretzky years until they actually got deep into the playoffs a couple years ago. Once they got to the finals and then won a cup suddenly everyone in LA is a Kings fan.

put it this way: In Schneider we drafted the best player of that draft. Maybe jones or mackinnon turn out all star careers but we know Cory is all star caliber now.

To me that deal will be sealed a good deal once Cory sign a contract extension though.

Cause other than that you're comparing a potential young (but developing) good player "locked" for at least 7 years and possibly more (and cheap for most of those years) for a 2 years rental in his prime who would have been only "necessary" in his 2nd year (cause Brodeur can still holds his own so far)

I hate that people call certain fanbases bandwagon or what not. The Kings have had no issues getting people to their arena for years. And it was at 100% capacity for a few seasons before they won the Cup. They have many educated and passionate fans. 

But teams like Chicago or Washington...people go "look at all them bandwagoners, there were no fans in the arena 8 years ago when they sucked." That's normal, especially when you have a lot of other options in your city. If your team is awful for 3 years, 5 years..maybe even longer, why would you want to spend a fortune on season tickets? And naturally when your team is awful, you lose a bit of interest, and it moves to the NBA team, NFL, MLB, College, etc. 

I think at CR1976 taking his daughter to two games and seeing them shutout in each one. How deflating is that? Could he keep going if he knew there was a good chance that would happen 50% of the time?  If you know your team is ripe for a last place finish, why pay a ton of money then? Why support an owner who has no interest in improving the team (which seemed like the case with the Hawks owner, and many other times when an Owner doesn't fire a sh!tty GM)?

The Devils had one miserable 40-game stretch, and there were free ticket promotions every second game. It won't be pretty here if the Devils have any sustained losing seasons.

Edited by devilsrule33

I hate that people call certain fanbases bandwagon or what not. The Kings have had no issues getting people to their arena for years. And it was at 100% capacity for a few seasons before they won the Cup. They have many educated and passionate fans. 

But teams like Chicago or Washington...people go "look at all them bandwagoners, there were no fans in the arena 8 years ago when they sucked." That's normal, especially when you have a lot of other options in your city. If your team is awful for 3 years, 5 years..maybe even longer, why would you want to spend a fortune on season tickets? And naturally when your team is awful, you lose a bit of interest, and it moves to the NBA team, NFL, MLB, College, etc. 

I think at CR1976 taking his daughter to two games and seeing them shutout in each one. How deflating is that? Could he keep going if he knew there was a good chance that would happen 50% of the time?  If you know your team is ripe for a last place finish, why pay a ton of money then? Why support an owner who has no interest in improving the team (which seemed like the case with the Hawks owner, and many other times when an Owner doesn't fire a sh!tty GM)?

The Devils had one miserable 40-game stretch, and there were free ticket promotions every second game. It won't be pretty here if the Devils have any sustained losing seasons.

yeah i gotta agree with this. This plus people who go the "Well why dont you go buy a "wtv" team jersey and get the fvck out of here" when someone simply gives credit to another team, player, GM, coach or wtv in the league, i've seen it happen really often and its quite childish and ridiculous. 

Stay classy, Kings fans. Bandwagon pricks...

5TmcDqF.png

probably just mad she spent all that money for that seat to see her team lose in the end.. welp too bad

LOL I saw that this morning watching the replay.....BUT she got pissed at Dave Barr, after Jagr scored in OT and the Devils were leaving the bench/ice Dave Barr turned around and either pointed or waved to that girl, and she flipped him the bird in return !

A lot more maddening than deflating, but that first goal that she gets to see this year live will be pretty damned momentous now, lol.

I think part of the problem for a lot of people now is that the tickets and other goodies (like food, drink, maybe a souv-ie or two) cost so damned much, that many people want to feel like their "investment" has a good chance of paying off with a win, and the only way that really has a good shot of happening is if the team is good.  I'm one of those kooks who will still go with my daughter if the team is bad, because it's great to spend time with her, and share something I enjoy with her, and admittedly, I can swing tickets for the game without feeling the financial pinch.  But a lot of people can't do that and can't be as "frivilous", or simply have more kids which makes going to a game that much more expensive, and I can't blame them one bit if they don't want to spend hundreds of dollars watching a substandard product.  Even though I would still go, I'll readily admit I won't go as much.

yeah i gotta agree with this. This plus people who go the "Well why dont you go buy a "wtv" team jersey and get the fvck out of here" when someone simply gives credit to another team, player, GM, coach or wtv in the league, i've seen it happen really often and its quite childish and ridiculous. 

So is beating the same dead horses over and over again and constantly making snide remarks about how swell other GMs are for signing a guy before he goes UFA, seemingly every time another GM did that.  To your credit, you haven't been doing it lately (I suspect the Devils going 6-1-1 in their last eight has something to do with that), but it was getting to be repetitive and ridiculous, and I was hardly the only one annoyed by it.    

• Like 1

I shared Daniel's sentiments about the Schneider trade, but that's because I was prepared to take Nichushkin who fell all the way to #10. I also didn't realize that CS was an elite goalie. I knew he was good, but after looking at his numbers and watching him play, it will be tough for Nichushkin to be as valuable as Schneider.

Your post is spot on DR33. Of course, Schneider isnt signed past 2015 but I think they'll give him what he wants. Schneider is basically the one piece we have who will guarantee we won't be a bottom 5 team in the future.  Seriously, the guy is that freaking good. Even if the team around him is lousy, he'll keep us in it more often than not. After watching him play a bit, I can't believe we got him for a first round pick

The Devils also needed (and still need) young forwards in the worst way.  Lou even admitted it before the draft.  A lot of people said that Nishushkin was the type of player that could go number 1 in a lot of drafts.  I was pumped when Buffalo passed on him. 

I know what you're saying (Devils clearly don't have loads of young forwards waiting to step in), but as far as getting an in-his-prime goalie who could be considered a lock to be "the man" in a guy like Schneider, I thought it was the right move, and I'm glad Lou went that way (even though his only being signed for two seasons definitely makes it a risk).

I shared Daniel's sentiments about the Schneider trade, but that's because I was prepared to take Nichushkin who fell all the way to #10. I also didn't realize that CS was an elite goalie. I knew he was good, but after looking at his numbers and watching him play, it will be tough for Nichushkin to be as valuable as Schneider.

Your post is spot on DR33. Of course, Schneider isnt signed past 2015 but I think they'll give him what he wants. Schneider is basically the one piece we have who will guarantee we won't be a bottom 5 team in the future.  Seriously, the guy is that freaking good. Even if the team around him is lousy, he'll keep us in it more often than not. After watching him play a bit, I can't believe we got him for a first round pick

Now I see it as being a smart move, but I think I felt like Daniel did. I was at the draft, excited to see us use our 1st rd pick....or our 2nd....anyways though, my brother and I had readied ourselves to be pumped for Nichuskin, since he was still available. It was just a shock to hear the trade announced, so I was a little taken aback. After thinking about it, it makes sense.

So is beating the same dead horses over and over again and constantly making snide remarks about how swell other GMs are for signing a guy before he goes UFA, seemingly every time another GM did that.  To your credit, you haven't been doing it lately (I suspect the Devils going 6-1-1 in their last eight has something to do with that), but it was getting to be repetitive and ridiculous, and I was hardly the only one annoyed by it.    

I really feel like a day for you really wouldnt be complete until you quote and bash me in a post.

Edited by SterioDesign

Cory Schneider is arguably the best goaltender in the world. Many people in Vancouver knew he had the goods to support that level. He just needed playing time.

I really feel like a day for you really wouldnt be complete until you quote and bash me in a post.

No, I was pointing out what leads some fans to finally say something like "Well then go root for [insert team here]"  I pointed out that you've stopped doing it (for now).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'm not concerned about that at all really.  If Lou has to, he'll give Schneider a deal similar to Rask's this off-season. 

No, I was pointing out what leads some fans to finally say something like "Well then go root for [insert team here]"  I pointed out that you've stopped doing it (for now).

Dude you beat the dead horse bringing back stuff that I said in the past a lot more than me actually saying stuff. Plus you put words in my mouth with meanings i never meant and keep on bringing it back even though i'm correcting you every single time. Let it go dude.

At some point people whining about the people whining about the weather are just as annoying as the weather and the people whining about it. You're that person now. 

Darryl Sutter said we have the beat goaltending tadnem in the league:). Some praise last night from the LA side. Heard the announcers say Greene is one the most underrated dmen in the league

Marty and Cory have been playing well, no question.  And good thing...Devils have needed it.  Scary to think where they'd be without their goalies stopping almost 94% of the shots coming their way as of late, and Jagr playing like he's 10 years younger than he really is.

Dude you beat the dead horse bringing back stuff that I said in the past a lot more than me actually saying stuff. Plus you put words in my mouth with meanings i never meant and keep on bringing it back even though i'm correcting you every single time. Let it go dude.

At some point people whining about the people whining about the weather are just as annoying as the weather and the people whining about it. You're that person now. 

Will the both of you relax and play nice?  I really enjoy reading both your posts and the different views of the team, etc.  Respect that everyone's opinions are different.  If everyone had the same opinion, this would be a very boring board.  It would be like 1 post then 20 "I agree".  Can we move on from it please?

Darryl Sutter said we have the beat goaltending tadnem in the league:). Some praise last night from the LA side. Heard the announcers say Greene is one the most underrated dmen in the league

Seriously? Not that they're wrong, but wow, somebody giving Greene credit. He truly deserves it.

Will the both of you relax and play nice?  I really enjoy reading both your posts and the different views of the team, etc.  Respect that everyone's opinions are different.  If everyone had the same opinion, this would be a very boring board.  It would be like 1 post then 20 "I agree".  Can we move on from it please?

I completely agree with what youre saying.

But If you've been tracking it you'd know i asked him quite a few times lately to just ignore me and stop jumping on every single of my posts if he doesnt agree. Yet he'll jump on every single occasions to call me out bringing back stuff i said months ago

Edited by SterioDesign

Well there we can agree on something Tri lol

You're exaggerating a bit SD, I hardly go jumping on everything you post.  I mildly disagreed with something you posted in the OOT thread about the standings being terribly important at this time of year, and you practically took it as a personal attack (even though the post was addressing a point and wasn't the slightest bit insulting). 

But no more bringing up you complaining about Lou's MO anymore.  Like I said, you haven't been doing it lately.