Photo

NFL Divisional Round of the Playoffs......

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,404 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Unfortunately I'm sure he was doing that much of this season with the Jets bombing :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

As well as Denver's defense. Real easy to pick-up great stats on the chump teams and chump QB's found in the AFC West.

Meanwhile Seattle proving their fraud status in Atlanta as I type.

Wasn't Denver #2 in Defense in the NFL?

Also, when I shut the game off the Seattle fraud was down 19-0, it looks like they are taking it to the Atlanta "powerhouse" in the second half.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,404 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

lol another 13-3 Atlanta season goes down the drain, and with a spectacular home choke no less. Reminds me of the Devils in the late '90's :P

EDIT: Nevermind, can't believe Atlanta pulled that one out. Second day in a row bad prevent defense proving costly, although this wasn't quite as egregious as yesterday.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 January 2013 - 04:12 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#24 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

That was an insane ending to the SEA/ATL game. Carroll is kicking himself right now, pun intended.

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Have to feel bad for Seattle fans. Helluva comeback, tough loss. I'd rather not cheer for either Atlanta or SF but I guess I'll go with Atlanta since I can't stand the 49ers coach. Expecting the Patriots to destroy the Texans but I hope the Texans pull off an upset.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,404 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

That was an insane ending to the SEA/ATL game. Carroll is kicking himself right now, pun intended.

Carroll's been a ***** since his USC days, I'm not too sorry to see him lose.

I do think Seattle's going to be a pain next year, especially if they get another real WR (not a big Golden Tate fan). The Clemons injury obviously hurt their defense, they weren't the same this week.

#27 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Wow, talk about an epic fail. Even the Jets don't blow a late lead THAT badly :blink:

And someone needs to tell John Fox Tebow's long gone, thirty seconds and two timeouts taking a knee is WAY too conservative.

Flacons demonstrated that today.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#28 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Disagree completely. Firstly, Falcons are down 3. Broncos were tied. Even if the score situation was the same, one game was being played in below freezing weather while the other is in a dome. Secondly, one QB is old coming off many surgeries. He was feeling it all game and couldn't throw the ball all game as he showed. He had no arm. He couldn't make any of the throws Ryan could. All year the Broncos ran a controlled offense. You try to pull it off and Good chance Manning throws a duck in the middle and is picked by the best ball hawker in NFL history.

No one argues with coaches more than Peyton when they try and punt or not go for it on 4th own. He was okay with it because, I don't think he believed he could go 60 yards in 30 seconds. He was aware of his limitations.

Edited by devilsrule33, 13 January 2013 - 05:18 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#29 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

And now the Texans have done it too. Sorry, I understand that there are risks, but if you have the ball, then you have control and you should try to make that drive. If Peyton is incapable of making the throws, then he shouldn't be the QB.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,404 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Not to mention Peyton also has receivers that can make a play (cough 80-yard slant from TEBOW in last year's playoffs to Demariyus Thomas).

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Not to mention Peyton also has receivers that can make a play (cough 80-yard slant from TEBOW in last year's playoffs to Demariyus Thomas).

I find it amusing that Tebow's best career play was a fluke built on the fact he is not an NFL caliber QB. It was 13 degrees yesterday, Manning lost only blocking running back and the pocket was collapsing at a more rapid pace each snap after the Moreno injury. No excuses, but blaming yesterday on Manning, and seeing Teblow's brother celebrating the Denver loss after such a great turnaround season, makes me sick.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well, that Patriots game was boring. Lots of good games this weekend.

#33 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Here we go again Manta...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#34 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Carroll's been a ***** since his USC days, I'm not too sorry to see him lose.

I do think Seattle's going to be a pain next year, especially if they get another real WR (not a big Golden Tate fan). The Clemons injury obviously hurt their defense, they weren't the same this week.

fvck Pete Carroll...I watched him systematically destroy what Parcells had built, in Carroll's three seasons as the NE coach. His Patriot teams were great in September and lousy come December (though part of that was Bledsoe, who always tailed off in the second half of the season). By the time Carroll was canned, the Pats were a complete mess. Amazing that they won a Super Bowl just two years later.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 January 2013 - 08:25 PM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#35 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

And now the Texans have done it too. Sorry, I understand that there are risks, but if you have the ball, then you have control and you should try to make that drive. If Peyton is incapable of making the throws, then he shouldn't be the QB.

It was below 0. Peyton wasn't feeling great with his surgeries . I think the Broncos will have trouble moving forward with Peyton. The offense was crafted perfectly for him to succeed with his abilities, but he couldn't make tight throws deep. He didn't even attempt one 20-yard throw all game yesterday.

Of course it is possible to be done. Either way, why even look at that play. It easily could have been the right move if Peyton didn't make that awful throw in OT.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#36 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

It easily could have been done right without the terrible coverage on the 70 yarder. That is where this game starts and ends for me

#37 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

It easily could have been done right without the terrible coverage on the 70 yarder. That is where this game starts and ends for me

No doubt. With no timeouts. Let them get 15 a pop at the most. They'll use enough time setting up that at worst you'll have to defend an endzone rainbow throw.

#38 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

No doubt. With no timeouts. Let them get 15 a pop at the most. They'll use enough time setting up that at worst you'll have to defend an endzone rainbow throw.

Even tackling him after he caught the ball would have killed off a ton of clock and the odds are in Denver's favor. Or take him down before the ball gets there. The safety went all or nothing in a situation where the broncos held all the cards. It bothers me and I don't even care for Denver. Just terrible football

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 13 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Here we go again Manta...

Looking forward to it...again, ColRock76.
As long as it's as competitive as last years AFC Championship game. I love the Brady/Lewis chess match.

Hopefully we throw it to Boldin this time in the last few seconds, not Evans, TJH, Stallworth or the like.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Patriots are -10 favorites over the Ravens. That seems waaaaaaay too generous. I would've guessed -5 or -6, tops.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users