RUMOR: Adam Oates next Devils GM?

Zubie#8

Take this with a grain of salt but I was watching Hockey Central @ Noon on SportsNet and two of the anchors both stated that their have been rumblings about Oates eventually taking the reigns from Lou when the time is right.

It at least makes for good a discussion.

Edited by Zubie#8

Zero chance Lou is here for another 5 years. One, I don't get the sense he plans on sticking around much longer. Two, if this team is going to stink the next couple years I don't think Lou would survive with the new owners anyway.

The Oates thing is strange however. Is it confirmed they mentioned him as next GM and not HC? Because technically Lou is the HC right now.

Zero chance Lou is here for another 5 years. One, I don't get the sense he plans on sticking around much longer. Two, if this team is going to stink the next couple years I don't think Lou would survive with the new owners anyway.

The Oates thing is strange however. Is it confirmed they mentioned him as next GM and not HC? Because technically Lou is the HC right now.

It was just a rumor from a few anchors on SportsNet.

I think Lou will get a shot to stay through next season but another playoff miss next year and I believe very strongly the owners will demand Lou implement a transition or make their own move.