New sub forum option

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I don't really like this idea. I know it's only one more click but I find it kind of annoying to have the sports threads separated from the regular off-topic section. I don't think there was really a problem with the way it was before, so I don't see why it was necessary to make a new subforum. It wasn't as though there were that many sports threads that the off-topic section was being dominated by them. If there's going to be a separate sports subforum, there might as well be one for TV shows, movies, birthday threads, etc.

Just my two cents.

Mine and Crashers thought was simply to ensure that the sports topics wouldn't flood the off topic forum...things are heating up in the offseason for football as minicamps will begin soon and usually members are nice enough to confine most of the talk into one thread...this way it's easier to just start a thread on whatever relavant sports info you like without feeling like you are going to clutter anything up...true, it's more of a convenience than anything but with a topic like sports there will never not be a lack of threads as there would be with your other suggestions....

Plus Rowdy did make the note that there was only a switch of names to the former Soccer forum so it wasn't a big deal...simply put, if you don't want to go into the sports topics then don't...if you do, it's one extra click....

Edited by UnderDogX

I don't like the extra click either, or the fact that a political thread or some of the other stuff in there can make it hard to know when a sports thread was generated, but it's better then nothing right

I have the same annoyance with it and the Adult Room

But I more worry about people who don't show up to play hockey :P

Hey if the only two days you guys choose to play weren't the only two days of the week that I have class, then I would have no problem showing up. :P

Well who told you to go to school boy ?? :P

Mondays and Wednesdays I am always busy as is... Fridays could be possible, but Paul is getting married so his fiancee is sucking his life away... getting him ready for the wedding....

I'd love to play on Saturdays too... if you can get your guys to get to Maplewood... with sore traffic we'd NEVER make it to Woodbridge! Let me know if you can get peeps there for a Saturday!

• 1 month later...

:doh1:

How about the bad karma from too much smack talk in the PRE-SEASON thread??

Please you're gonna turn me into LCB with all the bravado I need to swat down !!! :P