NFL Week 5

CRASHER

Off the top of my head: Ralph Wilson, Lamar Hunt, Paul Brown.

They were right.

"the world according to manta" .. what ever dude.. hope you don't mind if I still think your full of sh!t.

"the world according to manta" .. what ever dude.. hope you don't mind if I still think your full of sh!t.

No, I don't mind at all. I am happy about it.

At least in my world the NFL merger was successful and Lamar Hunt, Ralph Wilson and Paul Brown ARE in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

No, I don't mind at all. I am happy about it.

At least in my world the NFL merger was successful and Lamar Hunt, Ralph Wilson and Paul Brown ARE in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I guess that was a little harsh. I would have liked it if the AFL had remained and given the nfl the competition it deserved. Al Davis in the last few years tested my patience but without him the Raiders wouldn't have evolved into the legacy that it became. And besides he was a hell of a lot more likeable than "Art Modell" lol

Edited by Guest

What an ugly game for the Bears... very undisciplined, 2 big-play touchdowns given up to Megatron and Best, and despite some nice numbers from Cutler/Forte, they just aren't getting to the redzone. The Lions' defensive line looks it has the potential to be pretty lethal... they are just abusing the Bears' offensive line and harassing Cutler right now (funny enough, Cutler, for once, is probably the main reason the Bears are even still in this game :P)... and I could only imagine how good it will be when Nick Fairley gets more NFL reps under his belt.

I really can't wait for the first Packers/Lions matchup.

Edited by nmigliore

I guess that was a little harsh. I would have liked it if the AFL had remained and given the nfl the competition it deserved. Al Davis in the last few years tested my patience but without him the Raiders wouldn't have evolved into the legacy that it became. And besides he was a hell of a lot more likeable than "Art Modell" lol

The problem is I used to really like Al, but the past 10+ years he kind of destroyed his own creation.

I have no problems with Modell it wasn't his fault the local politicians in Cleveland didn't listen to him. They lost a team, and had to make all the repairs he asked for anyway as Cleveland Stadium was a hazard. site

The problem is I used to really like Al, but the past 10+ years he kind of destroyed his own creation.

I have no problems with Modell it wasn't his fault the local politicians in Cleveland didn't listen to him. They lost a team, and had to make all the repairs he asked for anyway as Cleveland Stadium was a hazard. site

modell was the prototypical "greedy owner". He bought the stadium and assumed all costs and collected rent from the indians and his own team. He lost the indians because he didn't share revenue on the loge seats or fix the locker rooms etc.. and then he bitched because they built jacobs field and every one moved over there.. well DUH... so he made his bed and the city didn't care if he slept in it. The secret deal with baltimore didn't look too good either, it smacked of memories of how the colts left in the middle of the night. He was quite the hypocrite also when he joined in the lawsuit to try and stop al davis from moving the raiders to L.A. the difference being that davis didn't own oakland-alemeda stadium therefore was not resposible for upgrades to the stadium. Modell wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too.. ergo, he was a greedy bastard and didn't care a sh!t about the cleveland brown fans.. pure and simple.

modell was the prototypical "greedy owner". He bought the stadium and assumed all costs and collected rent from the indians and his own team. He lost the indians because he didn't share revenue on the loge seats or fix the locker rooms etc.. and then he bitched because they built jacobs field and every one moved over there.. well DUH... so he made his bed and the city didn't care if he slept in it. The secret deal with baltimore didn't look too good either, it smacked of memories of how the colts left in the middle of the night. He was quite the hypocrite also when he joined in the lawsuit to try and stop al davis from moving the raiders to L.A. the difference being that davis didn't own oakland-alemeda stadium therefore was not resposible for upgrades to the stadium. Modell wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too.. ergo, he was a greedy bastard and didn't care a sh!t about the cleveland brown fans.. pure and simple.

Wait, so because he charged rent to the Indians to use the stadium, he is greedy? Why should he share the revenue if he owned the place?

I would suggest that you watch the ESPN special:

Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame: Art Modell for moving the Browns to Baltimore