ECF Tickets

Bartholomew Hunt

Someone on stubhub has 3 tickets for $11,000.

When you see prices like that it's usually brokers. They have the option to change all their ticket prices at once. Its just a way of them reminding themselves to go back and set their prices later.

I just bought four together upstairs for Game 4, if there is one. Sure that would only happen if it's a Devils-Caps series, but still, Home Game 4 would be for the chance to go to the Cup Finals. That would be pretty exciting.

Hey guys,

I was able to pick up 4 extra tickets in the 200's for Home Games 1, 2 & 3 during the pre-sale. If we play the Rangers, I'd be willing to sell to Devils fans at a lower price than I could get on StubHub to assure I'm not allowing Rags fans into the Rock. For those interested, PM me once we know our opponent to work something out.

Go Devils!

You do get refunded. I think it's an automatic credit to your charge card.

Thats right. I had tickets for game 6 in this round which was refunded back to my card. As for nerves. I was at the Game 7 in 2003 when they won so I'm ready!

I don't know what people are saying about tickets being sold out. Just went on ticket master and there were two tickets available in nosebleed for Home Game 1, albeit for $170 a pop.

I didnt see any doubles, just singles in the usual $10 section (now for $150)

More than anything I think this shows the true value of buying a season ticket plan, even if it's only a 10 game flex plan or 5 game rookie plan, or whatever. By having any sort of priority for these events, insane prices and the hassle of buying online tickets are almost entirely eradicated. My seats for round 3 are $82 and guaranteed for every game rather than $141!!!

I only wish I would have bought 4 rather than 2 at the beginning of the playoffs.

Absolutely. I didn't even have to do anything at all to purchase the strips for rounds 3 and 4, and the ticket prices for STH's to these rounds are well below those I've been seeing listed on here. In years like this, you're happy to have purchased season tickets (not so much last season).

Edited by Chuck the Duck

You are right, and I think I am just a little bitter that I can't go, unless one of my companies vendors gives me club seats again

If anything, underpricing the tickets would be a boon to the Ranger fans. They don't know if their team is through, so they want to be able to sell (preferably for a profit) if they don't make it into the ECF. If the Devils had priced uppers at, say, $70 so that "more of the usual crowd could get in," then those Ranger fans would probably feel pretty good knowing that their options are either watch their team play, or profit.

Shame on anyone who thinks that the Devils sold out to Ranger fan money on this one. They could have waited until the ECF lineup was set, charged 75% more if NY had gotten in, and gone straight to the general public (the largest market) to maximize revenue, but instead they showed that they really do give damn about us and having a better experience at the Rock for our first ECF games in 9 years.

It's weird, I got a pre-sale invitation to round 2, but nothing at all for round 3. Nothing in spam, trash, etc. How do I contact the Devils to make sure I'm included in any pre-sales for round 4, if it happens? I don't want to miss out again.

Did you buy tickets to any Rangers games this year? They excluded anybody who bought singles to a Rangers game. They said they excluded people who bought Caps tickets, too, but some of my friends who bought those tickets were included on the distribution.

You can e-mail Eric Kussin (ekussin at newjerseydevils.com) to ensure that you are added.

If anything, underpricing the tickets would be a boon to the Ranger fans. They don't know if their team is through, so they want to be able to sell (preferably for a profit) if they don't make it into the ECF. If the Devils had priced uppers at, say, $70 so that "more of the usual crowd could get in," then those Ranger fans would probably feel pretty good knowing that their options are either watch their team play, or profit.

Shame on anyone who thinks that the Devils sold out to Ranger fan money on this one. They could have waited until the ECF lineup was set, charged 75% more if NY had gotten in, and gone straight to the general public (the largest market) to maximize revenue, but instead they showed that they really do give damn about us and having a better experience at the Rock for our first ECF games in 9 years.

Not to mention that today's sale was only 1,000 tickets to each game.. After PAWP, they had 7k left for each game.. 6k were sold in the high-security, Devils fan only presale (and at a discount from the general sale).. The remaining 1k were sold today

That was fantastic work by the team to have the presale an pretty much guarantee Devils fans were the only ones who could buy tickets.. 1k in the general sale is nothing and they priced it so high that I'm sure, like Devils Dose said, some Rangers fans were deterred given their teams uncertainty

Did you buy tickets to any Rangers games this year? They excluded anybody who bought singles to a Rangers game. They said they excluded people who bought Caps tickets, too, but some of my friends who bought those tickets were included on the distribution.

You can e-mail Eric Kussin (ekussin at newjerseydevils.com) to ensure that you are added.

Nope, didn't buy any Rangers or Caps tickets, but thanks for the email! :cheers:

so in essence it takes about 5-8% ranger fans out of the crowd and it's 70/30 split at best? As long as tickets are on scalp sites and to the public ranger fans will buy them and pay for them. You'll see the same blue jerseys behind the bench and in the same pockets in the lower level because those seats are already owned by ticket brokers.

Good work by the devils to help eliminate some ranger fans but if people think youll get the same lack of rangers fans as flyers youre sadly mistaken.