• Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

adater@adater

(1/2)On "bait and switch" charges:league says HRR language given to players on Dec. 27, and players acknowledged it with follow-up questions

adater@adater

(2/2) on 12-29 and 1-1, rendering bait-and-switch charges, to league, as bogus attempt at redo on disclaimer vote

dater is as pro-league as brooks is pro-player, I don't trust either one as a source. The accusation of baiting and switching may well be unfounded, but I find it difficult to believe that the players would agree to a system where a person who has incentive from 20+ clubs to hide revenue would be in charge of punishing teams for doing same.

Being a hockey fan is like being in love with a woman who cheats on you. Time and time again, you stay up late waiting for her to come home, which sometimes doesn't happen for an entire year. You know she's been playing around with that Russian down the block who drives the fancy car but lives in a sh!thole apartment. You know that, even though you finance pretty much everything she does, she continues to do this to you. You convince yourself that as soon as she walks back through that door, you're gonna tell her to go fvck herself, slam the door behind you as you leave, and flirt with the tall drink of water next door with the hoop above her garage. But you know you won't. As soon as she returns, all common sense and self respect go out the window. All will be forgiven and forgotten. Again.

Too specific to be fake, is this from experience?

Is it me or are they at the Pru practice arena...I didn't know the devils were letting them use the facilities.

I could see VBK saying, "Marty, you want to go skate with your kid? Go right ahead!" I know i wouldnt say no.

Either way, we're suckers. Fvck the NHL and it's PA. That said, as much as I hate them, I know I'll be back as soon as they finally resolve this. Fvck me.

The only thing I'll say about that - and it's going to sound homerish but that's the way I feel now - is right now I'm just embarassed the Devils are stuck being part of this joke of a league more than anything else. Thankfully, the players and management haven't done anything overtly to add to or encourage the shenanigans going on in New York and wherever else the two sides have been 'negotiating'.

If it wasn't for that - and the deep, epic playoff run last year - it'd be a lot harder to go back. Imagine the Devils losing Game 6 against Florida AND some of these players making Chimera/Toews/etc type comments, or Vanderbeek being one of the guys at the bargaining table further inflaming the masses? I'd be a lot more apathetic/bitter/ashamed to be a fan.

Plus considering all the nonsense around my other two sports teams which - other than Sandy Alderson - are both as badly run as the NHL, it'd be a little hypocritical of me to boycott the Devils for things not entirely their fault when I don't stop being a fan of the Mets and Jets no matter how embarassing they become.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Per Allan Walsh

Bettman sought to remove penalties in CBA for teams that caught hiding revenue. He wanted penalties to be decided solely by "commissioner".

Yeahh.... So that if its NJ he'd take 4 first round picks from us and if its Pittsburgh, give them a $100 fine

Edited by SterioDesign

Per Allan Walsh

Bettman sought to remove penalties in CBA for teams that caught hiding revenue. He wanted penalties to be decided solely by "commissioner".

Yeahh.... So that its NJ he'd take 4 first round picks from us and if its Pittsburgh, give them a $100 fine

Bingo! To take out a term they already had negotiated is a sh!t move by the owners (and Bettman in particular). There already is absolutely NO trust between these 2 sides, and then the owners pull this bush league stunt which they had to know would inflame the players and Fehr at a time when negotiations seemed to be progressing.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Am told both sides have told mediator they've got a bit of room to move on open issues

https://twitter.com/...339197487017984

So in reality, let's meet in the middle on the remaining issues and open the season. Unfortunately...Disney on Ice is at The Rock that weekend so looks like we'll be starting with away games :(

Edited by Coorslight

https://twitter.com/...339197487017984

So in reality, let's meet in the middle on the remaining issues and open the season. Unfortunately...Disney on Ice is at The Rock that weekend so looks like we'll be starting with away games :(

Fine by me, gives us a bit more time to be able to plan to go to home games (or not go). There's a week difference between when they'd reach an agreement and the start of the season, that's a little quick for people to commit to going to games/buy tickets/etc.

Fine by me, gives us a bit more time to be able to plan to go to home games (or not go). There's a week difference between when they'd reach an agreement and the start of the season, that's a little quick for people to commit to going to games/buy tickets/etc.

Exactly, I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to go to some of these games at this point. I'll probably end up selling as many games as I can this season, if these clowns on both sides ever get their act together.

Sounds inane, but part of me doesn't want the season to start. That part of me is worried about this team post Parise.

We were in worse shape after losing Gomez and rafalski in the same offseason. This team always loses players and is still a top team.

Edited by njd3b1ink

We were in worse shape after losing Gomez and rafalski in the same offseason. This team always loses players and is still a top team.

Thats true but its not something you can take for granted. The PK, shootouts and our forecheck was a HUUUUuUuUGE part of our success last season and guess was our best player doing those 3 things? Zach. You simply cannot deny that its gonna hurt us

Thats true but its not something you can take for granted. The PK, shootouts and our forecheck was a HUUUUuUuUGE part of our success last season and guess was our best player doing those 3 things? Zach. You simply cannot deny that its gonna hurt us

Zach was definitely not our best player in shootouts. Kovy was. And all season long kovy would score that first goal and Zach would have the opportunity to put the nail in the coffin and he would choke. And if I'm picking 1 player on our team to penalty kill in picking Elias. Zach was our best fore checker but something I absolutely could not stand was his lack of clutch performances. The biggest goal he ever scored wasn't even in a devils sweater. Not trying to make this a Parise bash, but Zach was not the sole reason why we were good last year, not even close

Zach was definitely not our best player in shootouts. Kovy was. And all season long kovy would score that first goal and Zach would have the opportunity to put the nail in the coffin and he would choke. And if I'm picking 1 player on our team to penalty kill in picking Elias. Zach was our best fore checker but something I absolutely could not stand was his lack of clutch performances. The biggest goal he ever scored wasn't even in a devils sweater. Not trying to make this a Parise bash, but Zach was not the sole reason why we were good last year, not even close

For sure in the long run id pick Kovy over zach but still what zach was bringing was still a big part of our success. Sooooo many goals for henrique was created by zach's hardwork along the boards and forecheck. Not saying henrique wont produce without zach, he proved he can handle himself alright but still... Losing zach is hurting us

I think we will be fine but Zach has been money in the shootout pretty much since his second season.

Until most of last year anyway when he couldn't score a shootout goal after missing that penalty shot at the end of the Montreal game in November.

I can't worry about how the Devils are going to look right now. At this point it's just important for the NHL to not blow up, and then we can worry about whether the Devils will. As long as Lou and PDB are around I have faith they won't, although they may well miss the playoffs this year - depending on how quick Marty and Moose can rebound from not playing at all for several months, and just how thin the forward corps really proves to be.

The team the Devils have now is not going to be the team they have in March if there is a season anyway. We saw that last year when the team looked terrible early in the season but gradually shuffled and added some pieces, and improved.

Edited by NJDevs4978

We wouldn't be picking 29th automatically, they'd just have another three ball-two ball-one ball lottery for the draft next year if there was no season. Assuming court doesn't completely blow up the league and postpone or cancel the draft indefinitely :P

It'd be nice if there was a draft, can't wait for Newark to 'welcome' Bettman :lol:

We wouldn't be picking 29th automatically, they'd just have another three ball-two ball-one ball lottery for the draft next year if there was no season. Assuming court doesn't completely blow up the league and postpone or cancel the draft indefinitely :P

It'd be nice if there was a draft, can't wait for Newark to 'welcome' Bettman :lol:

yeah it's a though call cause we really can't guess how they would do this season... but we'd have one ball so we could land pretty much anywhere, actually our chances of having a better pick may be not having a seasonlol who knows

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.