The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I wish... I'd trade Salvador for a Winger album. I wouldn't even need an actual winger coming back.

Columbus evidently wants a defenseman and wants to trade Gaborik.  I don't know if the money would work, and they would probably want Zidlicky instead.

Gaborik to NJ is plausible, especially since he probably won't re-sign with CBJ and is on the decline.  Salvador or Volchenkov going the other way make sense too.

However, I'm affraid that Gaborik doesn't answer our needs.  He was a dud a few years ago in the playoffs with the Ranjerks.

"@D_LEED: . @TSNBobMcKenzie: “The Philadelphia Flyers are believed to be offering a kid like Brayden Schenn and a first round pick” for Ryan Kesler."

Gotta at least respect their consistency - Flyers always in a win-now mentality, trading away futures.

Talk of Seto back to SJ. He fell off when he left there. Bruins in on Vanek, and Callahan supposedly close to a contract with the Rangers, Boomer really hit it with that:p

how in the world can the ranger sign Callahan? Wtf.....

Gotta at least respect their consistency - Flyers always in a win-now mentality, trading away futures.

We are always in win now mode it seems.

Gaborik to NJ is plausible, especially since he probably won't re-sign with CBJ and is on the decline. Salvador or Volchenkov going the other way make sense too.

However, I'm affraid that Gaborik doesn't answer our needs. He was a dud a few years ago in the playoffs with the Ranjerks.

If it means getting rid of Salvador, I'll take my chances.
  • Like 1

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I am hearing NYR and Ryan Callahan are inching towards a contract agreement but they're not there...yet. #TSN #Tradecentre"

Not sure how. They want less years though

Callahan's agents dropped several demands to stay NYR.  6 year contract probably for $5.5 million per

Hate to break it boys, but it looks like we'll go into a period of Devils' history were we're just fighting to make the playoffs, never mind the SC.

LOL What is with all your doom and gloom posts?  There were similar posts on here after the first round losses to the Hurricanes and Flyers in 2009 and 2010 and guess what, two years later the Devils are the Eastern Conference champs.

What exactly has occured today to make you feel this way?

Just a feeling.  Just a feeling.  Lou is getting old.  We got two rich guys, who know jack about hockey, pulling the purse strings.  Marty getting old.  Patty getting old.  And your best player has one foot in the elder care center of Belleville.  Can't be too promising.

Looking at all the talks with upcoming UFAs that will make it or break it if they are traded or not. I absolutely can't believe why i get rip when im saying that Lou should not refuse to at least talk during the season/before the deadline with "some" players. It's simply common sense.

Looking at all the talks with upcoming UFAs that will make it or break it if they are traded or not. I absolutely can't believe why i get rip when im saying that Lou should not refuse to at least talk during the season/before the deadline with "some" players. It's simply common sense.

Because you bring it up constantly every time someone gets signed or almost gets signed.