2011-2012 Miami Dolphins (Offseason) Thread

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I want Manning in a Phins uniform. That being said, I'm very VERY skeptical it will happen. I've seen too many opportunities slip past us. I can honestly see us catering to Manning for 2 weeks, him signing with another team and in the process we end up missing out on Flynn too (although that might not be such a bad thing).

I just don't see it happening. Then again...I'm very pessimistic. I'd love to be proven wrong.

And now the truth comes out about one of the reasons why Marshall was traded.

On the good news front:

The Seahawks also have discussed Flynn internally, but they plan to bring in other quarterbacks first.

So it looks like the quarterback floor for us is two of Moore, Flynn and/or Tannehill, as the only team ahead of us in the draft that needs a quarterback is also the only team willing to go after Flynn with us.

And now the truth comes out about one of the reasons why Marshall was traded.

On the good news front:

So it looks like the quarterback floor for us is two of Moore, Flynn and/or Tannehill, as the only team ahead of us in the draft that needs a quarterback is also the only team willing to go after Flynn with us.

Right now, the Marshall "incident" seems to be overblown. Some guy threw a bottle at his wife. Marshall decided to fight back and accidentally hit a woman in the process. I don't think he's been arrested or charged with anything yet, which seems to back up his side of the story.

It's just a cover for what demonstrates Ireland's total incompetence and the clown show he's created in Miami. Hey Jeff, it's called "buy low, sell high," not the other way around you sub-100 IQ buffoon. Yeah, and I'm sure Peyton Manning wants to spend the next couple of years getting pummeled while he's waiting for Brian Hartline and Anthony Fasano to get open.

Now he have the second coming of Cam Cameron for a coach and quite possibly a quarterback who's the second coming of AJ Feeley. I know what Jeff's thinking: "It's a really good idea to throw $10 million per year at a seventh round backup qb who has played in 2 games. It's proven to have worked out in KC with Matt Cassell, Charlie Whitehurst in Seattle and Kevin Kolb in Arizona. What can possibly go wrong."

Jeff, please do the decent thing, and resign immediately and return all the money you've managed to steal from the team considering that a fruit bowl could do a better job than you've done.

Until Ross wakes up and sees what a debacle Ireland has turned this team into, we have no hope. I'm not sold on Flynn that's for sure, but we need something and it's better than just sitting around with our thumbs up our asses. IF we get Flynn I understand getting rid of Marshall. He's an ass and he takes his troubles out on the QB all the time. He blamed Henne for EVERYTHING but he still seemed to drop everything that mattered when Moore was around. Just because you played well in basically a Flag Football game (i.e. pro-bowl) doesn't mean crap.

I still agree that Ireland needs to go, but I'm not sad to lose Marshall. Whether he beats women or not.

Until Ross wakes up and sees what a debacle Ireland has turned this team into, we have no hope. I'm not sold on Flynn that's for sure, but we need something and it's better than just sitting around with our thumbs up our asses. IF we get Flynn I understand getting rid of Marshall. He's an ass and he takes his troubles out on the QB all the time. He blamed Henne for EVERYTHING but he still seemed to drop everything that mattered when Moore was around. Just because you played well in basically a Flag Football game (i.e. pro-bowl) doesn't mean crap.

I still agree that Ireland needs to go, but I'm not sad to lose Marshall. Whether he beats women or not.

Marshall still had 1200 yards receiving last year. Whether he dropped too many passes last year, the fact remains that he was our ONLY receiver that was any good. Just look at the dreck we have now. Bess is a decent slot receiver that's a somewhat dependable safety outlet for the QB, but he's basically good for ten or fifteen yards when he gets open. Otherwise, a Division II d-back could do a pretty good job covering the Brian Hartlines and Clyde Gates of the world.

Just think about it, Devon Bess is our best receiver. Our best wide-out is Brian friggin' Hartline.

We're going to be the worst team in the NFL this year, mark my words. It's just too bad that Ireland's greatest idiocies weren't reserved for this past year when Andrew Luck is available. Maybe we get the consolation prize in Matt Barkley, but my sense is that he'll be Mark Sanchez 2.0 as a pro.

I didn't think anyone could be worse than Rick Speilman. But oh boy have I been wrong.

But they were always garbage yard. Marshall was ok. But he's no Megatron or Andre Johnson. He was our best wide receiver...but that's not saying much. Plus I have a feeling we'll end up with something else there. And Bess and Hartline are ok. At least they catch the ball.

I just want to know who our QB is gonna be. I don't care anymore either way. Peyton was pretty much given the Tennesee Titans so I don't see anyone going bigger than that. And Flynn is in Seattle right now. I don't see him leaving either.

So our QB options are gonna be Tannehill who I'm DEFINITELY not sold on...or Matt Hasselbeck who I don't want.

The state of the franchise is in shambles and unfortunately Ireland is a big piece of it. That being said...at least our defense will be good this year.

Well...Manning Mania is a bust. Who's ready for Flynnsanity?

It's the weirdest thing rooting for the Devils and the Dolphins. It's like the Devils are EVERYTHING I want the Dolphins to be (front office wise) and they Phins just don't get it. Maybe Ross can hire Lou to straighten them out.

Unless the Niners really hurt his feelings, looks like Alex Smith is out of the picture now since Manning is signing with Denver. David Garrard is supposedly one of the other QBs that the Dolphins have been taking a look at. This season is shaping up to be more of a disaster than even I thought.

This is a debacle. How much lower can this team get? They play headgames with everyone so that nobody gets the better of them, but in the end EVERYBODY gets the better of them. I don't know if Flynn was the answer, but it was worth a shot. Alex Smith is going back to SF now. Are we really gonna sign Garrard who couldn't even beat out Blaine Gabbert for a starting job?

The Miami Dolphins have become the laughing stock of the league and unlike the Lions who actually made an effort to change their image, they seem to be content with it. Maybe Ross can sign a couple more "celebrity" owners and hope that they fill the empty seats.

I'm so disappointed with this team :(

I'm taking up a collection to fly a jumbo jet over Ross' house with a HUGE banner tied to the tail that will simply read 'SELL THE TEAM a$$holE.' Who's in?

I'm in. Definitely in. I have no idea what goes on in the mindsets of these peoples...and neither does any other football professional, or analyst or fan or whatever. It's like they're running a team with a Dartboard and make the craziest decisions on the planet.

<sigh>

I'm taking up a collection to fly a jumbo jet over Ross' house with a HUGE banner tied to the tail that will simply read 'SELL THE TEAM a$$holE.' Who's in?

I like your thinking, but sadly the spirit of Al Davis has taken over Ross. And by Al Davis, I mean the senile version. Ross would be convinced that the sign says "SELL THE TEAM to one of your relatives to get a cheaper tax bill."

A paper bag mask give away outside of the stadium would be more effective.

• 5 weeks later...

Schedule's out, and I'd be far more excited if we had done anything but stand pat so far:

WEEK 01: @ Houston Texans 1PM

WEEK 02: Oakland Raiders 4:15PM

WEEK 03: New York Jets 1PM

WEEK 04: @ Arizona Cardinals 4:05PM

WEEK 05: @ Cincinnati Bengals 1PM

WEEK 06: St. Louis Rams 1PM

WEEK 07: Bye

WEEK 08: @ New York Jets 1PM

WEEK 09: @ Indianapolis Colts 1PM

WEEK 10: Tennessee Titans 1PM

WEEK 11: @ Buffalo Bills Thu 8:20PM

WEEK 12: Seattle Seahawks 1PM

WEEK 13: New England Patriots 1PM

WEEK 14: @ San Francisco 49ers 4:05PM

WEEK 15: Jacksonville Jaguars 1PM

WEEK 16: Buffalo Bills 1PM

WEEK 17: @ New England Patriots 1PM

Bolded = primetime

By last year's standards, we'd be in pretty good shape up until Week 13. 5 of our 8 road games are eminently winnable, as are about 6-8 of the home games. We'll have to see how we draft and what else we do leading into camp.

Schedule's out, and I'd be far more excited if we had done anything but stand pat so far:

WEEK 01: @ Houston Texans 1PM

WEEK 02: Oakland Raiders 4:15PM

WEEK 03: New York Jets 1PM

WEEK 04: @ Arizona Cardinals 4:05PM

WEEK 05: @ Cincinnati Bengals 1PM

WEEK 06: St. Louis Rams 1PM

WEEK 07: Bye

WEEK 08: @ New York Jets 1PM

WEEK 09: @ Indianapolis Colts 1PM

WEEK 10: Tennessee Titans 1PM

WEEK 11: @ Buffalo Bills Thu 8:20PM

WEEK 12: Seattle Seahawks 1PM

WEEK 13: New England Patriots 1PM

WEEK 14: @ San Francisco 49ers 4:05PM

WEEK 15: Jacksonville Jaguars 1PM

WEEK 16: Buffalo Bills 1PM

WEEK 17: @ New England Patriots 1PM

Bolded = primetime

By last year's standards, we'd be in pretty good shape up until Week 13. 5 of our 8 road games are eminently winnable, as are about 6-8 of the home games. We'll have to see how we draft and what else we do leading into camp.

We have a very soft schedule this year, and I think we may have a chance to make some hay on that. If we simply get COMPETENT QB play from Moore/Garrard, it's possible to win 10.

Edited by MadDog2020

We have a very soft schedule this year, and I think we may have a chance to make some hay on that. If we simply get COMPETENT QB play from Moore/Garrard, it's possible to win 10.

You sound like Patton Oswald in Big Fan. Neither of those guys can hope to play competently when all of their wr targets are marginal NFL players at best.

Edited by Daniel