2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Listening to people at work that never watch or go to hockey games talk about the Winter Classic and how much they enjoyed it shows why it is such a brilliant PR move for the league.  I remember when I was a kid and practically all of the bowl games were on Jan. 1.  Now, the NHL has 2 lesser bowls on ESPN and ESPN 2 to compete with between 1-5 p.m., before the Rose Bowl starts.  A perfect setup for the league. 

Having the snowfall throughout the game really does make it 10x better.  Loved watching the game yesterday. 

Point is they used to be elite, since Lidstrom left they haven't been

Disagree... They controlled the play for about 3/4 of the game. Deserved way more than they got out of that game (sounds familiar). I'd say they deserved 4 out of 4 of the points in their past two games vs. the Leafs, and only got 3 (while Leafs got 3 also, which affects the standings).

Flyers say hello. Scoring outrage by the sharks lol!:)

Geez all the teams of our divisions are winning lately its frustrating, our guys are finally doing alright but its somewhat not changing anything in the standings

Edited by CarterforPresident

It's crazy what a player like Crosby can do for a team.

The Penguins don't have a ton of raw scoring talent, outside of Neal and Malkin. But you put anyone on a line with Crosby.. They instantly become 20-30 goal scorers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's crazy what a player like Crosby can do for a team. The Penguins don't have a ton of raw scoring talent, outside of Neal and Malkin. But you put anyone on a line with Crosby.. They instantly become 20-30 goal scorers. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

not that you canc ompare elias with crosby... but someone that is great at the game that knows what the hell theyre doing and can read plays can really help spark talent of others ... elias does this as well, until you screw him over on a line with someone like berneir who has been set up several times in front of a wide open net and doesnt know what to do with the puck...god i hope he doesnt get resigned time for some new inventory

Rangers traded for Carcillo. Ok...? Asham replacement?

Jesus.... the Rangers have no depth whatsoever do they? They lose a clown to injury for like 4-6 weeks or so and they immediately have to go trade for a bigger clown 24 hrs later. It also shows just how big the mistake was not to resign Prust and trade Dumbinsky.