Gearing Up for the Pens

njdevil26

Based on what?

The numbers tell a different story. So Elias' 5-for-11 isn't good enough for you this season? The only thing bad about Kovy being ridiculously automatic this season is that some think that if other shooters aren't producing at somewhere near that rate, it's not enough. The fact that Kovy's now at 40.0% AFTER this season's burst should tell you how off-the-charts he's been this season. Elias is just fine in shootouts. 39.6% lifetime is very good.

Elias has had 11 shootout attempts this season?!

I can barely remember 3. Usually it seems we win it after 2-2.5 rounds

Edited by DevsMan84

Elias has had 11 shootout attempts this season?!

I can barely remember 3. Usually it seems we win it after 2-2.5 rounds

Only six players have taken shots for the Devils this season in the shootout:

Kovy: 11-for-13

Parise: 8-for-15

Elias: 5-for-11

Clarkson: 1-for-1

Henrique: 1-for-3

Sykora: 0-for-1

That makes for a team shooting% of 59.6...the next closest team is Colorado, at 51.7.

And the Devils as a team are shooting 42.4% since this thing started. No other team is even close to 40%.

Based on what?

The numbers tell a different story. So Elias' 5-for-11 isn't good enough for you this season? The only thing bad about Kovy being ridiculously automatic this season is that some think that if other shooters aren't producing at somewhere near that rate, it's not enough. The fact that Kovy's now at 40.0% AFTER this season's burst should tell you how off-the-charts he's been this season. Elias is just fine in shootouts. 39.6% lifetime is very good.

That's better than I thought but it's because I feel like out of the goals he has succeeded on, one of two of them may have barely bounced in.. And the point is yea I think Henrique would have been better.

Whatever not like this will matter in a few games anyway

That's better than I thought but it's because I feel like out of the goals he has succeeded on, one of two of them may have barely bounced in.. And the point is yea I think Henrique would have been better.

Whatever not like this will matter in a few games anyway

You're basing that on basically nothing. So be it.

Like you said, ain't no shootouts come playoff time anyway.

lol I actually thought Elias's numbers were worse in the shootout this year too, both in terms of attempts and percentage. But it's easy to get overshadowed when the guy leading off seems to make every one of them.

And that is a lot of the problem. I've seen both Parise and Elias get criticized this season for shootout performances when neither deserved it. But that's what can happen when one guy is so off-the-charts dominant. Parise and Elias are a combined 13-for-26 this season...can't say enough about how good that is.