Ottawa and Buffalo help

ev0lemi

In keeping with my annual hockey travel, this year I'm making the Ottawa/Buffalo roadtrip.

Are there any good postgame bars in both cities? We're staying downtown in Ottawa, not sure where in Buffalo but will have driving access.

I know Anchor bar in Buffalo is the place to go for wings, anything i need to eat in Ottawa?

In keeping with my annual hockey travel, this year I'm making the Ottawa/Buffalo roadtrip.

Are there any good postgame bars in both cities? We're staying downtown in Ottawa, not sure where in Buffalo but will have driving access.

I know Anchor bar in Buffalo is the place to go for wings, anything i need to eat in Ottawa?

I don't have any suggestions, but I will advise you to remember to lock your car in Ottawa... got robbed there about 11 years ago. Lost a camera and a pack of smokes. For some reason, they decided to leave the program from the Expos game I had attended alone. :P

Edited by MadDog2020

I don't have any suggestions, but I will advise you to remember to lock your car in Ottawa... got robbed there about 11 years ago. Lost a camera and a pack of smokes. For some reason, they decided to leave the program from the Expos game I had attended alone. :P

Got to lock your car anywhere...

I'll try and give you as much help as possible tomorrow, but are you going for the Devils game this Tuesday?

Buffalo is AWESOME!! (was there 6 weeks ago)

all the bars and hotels are right in downtown by the arena...

Ottawa is a lil different though... also how long you planning to stay in both towns?? Big questions!

I'll try and give you as much help as possible tomorrow, but are you going for the Devils game this Tuesday?

YEP! doing the back to back Ottawa then Buffalo trip!

Ottawa is a lil different though... also how long you planning to stay in both towns?? Big questions!

We'll be in Ottawa Tuesday all day and postgame. We'll get to Buffalo for the game and then have the night there. That's it! Should i do an honorary view from 209? (i think its 205 in Ottawa actually)

Edited by ev0lemi

We'll be in Ottawa Tuesday all day and postgame. We'll get to Buffalo for the game and then have the night there. That's it! Should i do an honorary view from 209? (i think its 205 in Ottawa actually)

It's a shame you're not spending more time there... esp. in Ottawa... it's a great city (been there three times), and there's a ton to do there (not to mention the coolness that Don Cherry has a food chain in town!)

Buffalo was cool too but you can get everything in a downtown hotel near the arena!!

Short version... Buffalo = better arena, Ottawa = better city!

Heh, if you wanna do a thoughts... why not??? Someone else needs to write something on 2man ya?? :lol:

If it's wings you want in Buffalo you must go to Duff's! The Anchor Bar may be well known as the originator, but Duff's is clearly better; trust me I grew up there, and anyone from the area will tell you the same. You should see Niagara Falls as well if you have never been there, and you have the time; it is a short drive from Buffalo.

It's a shame you're not spending more time there... esp. in Ottawa... it's a great city (been there three times), and there's a ton to do there (not to mention the coolness that Don Cherry has a food chain in town!)

They just opened up a Don Cherry's a three minute walk from my house!!

What do you need to eat in Ottawa? A beavertail?

I live in Kanata, very close to Scotiabank place. There are not a lot of bars in Kanata.... most of the drinking spots are downtown. And even then, they say that Ottawa rolls up the sidewalks at 9. But Kanata is more of a middle-class suburb so it's mostly family restaurants and such. Not much of a party life, so if that is what you are looking for you are better off downtown or across the river in Gatineau.

If you have any questions, let me know... I should be able to help you out.

Edited by Don

They just opened up a Don Cherry's a three minute walk from my house!!

What do you need to eat in Ottawa? A beavertail?

ok, what's a Beavertail?

Grape's place is just called Don Cherry's? I think i need to at least stop in there.

thanks for the info!

Grape's place is just called Don Cherry's? I think i need to at least stop in there.

thanks for the info!

Yeah it's a chain in the area... pretty cool place.... all I remember was a Saturday Night going in there to see HNIC and ALL the TVs had UFC on :blink:

I was like what the hell man!?!?!?!?!!?

Anchor Bar is the original place, they are good wings, but if you go to Duff's (another wing place) they are even better. There is a bar pretty close to the arena called Pearl Street Brewery. It is very good and I definetly suggest going there. The beers they brew are really good.

ok, what's a Beavertail?

thanks for the info!

(A) Beavertails are a specialty here in Ottawa. There are outlets elsewhere in Canada, but the company started here. Obama's first meeting outside the United States was here in Ottawa and we convinced him to go down to the Byward Market and buy a Beavertail. Here is the chocolate banana beavertail:

bananachocolate.jpg

My favorite is the apple and cinnamon.

(B) There are two "Don Cherry's Sports Grill"s in the Ottawa area. One is downtown in the Byward Market on Rideau street. The other is the one by my place towards Scotiabank Place. Both franchises have the same owner. The one that Crasher and I met a number of years back. Wow. That must have been a while ago because I was watching the Toronto Argonauts play a playoff game. And I think it must be a decade now since ANY Toronto sports franchise has made the playoffs.....

Edited by Don