Hockey Cards at Target

grcenter47

I went to Target last night and they were selling for 9.99 a box of mixed hockey cards from random years. I decided to buy one and found numerous old devils like Aaron Broten, Patrick Sundstrom, Eric Weinrich...etc

The coolest thing was that one card in it was autographed by Zigmund Palffy. This was the actual card and its worth 15 bucks in Beckett's price guide. Most probably dont really care but I just wanted to share with you this story haha

06F.jpg

I was mildly interested in hockey cards for a couple of years back around 92-93. They are a lot of money for what they are and got a lot of repeats.

I heard the sports collectibles, especially cards (whether it be hockey, baseball, etc) have gone way down in value. Not the best time if you are looking to make a quick buck but if you are just a collector, then have fun and hope you get good stuff.

Ah buying little packs of cards...

brings me back to the days of bugging parents into buying me pokemon cards. Man the money my family must've wasted on those things...good times, good times

i still love doing it hahaa... i like how i got an anton volchenkov card and an ilya kovalchuk card in the same pack ... maybe its an omen :pray:

I was mildly interested in hockey cards for a couple of years back around 92-93. They are a lot of money for what they are and got a lot of repeats.

I heard the sports collectibles, especially cards (whether it be hockey, baseball, etc) have gone way down in value. Not the best time if you are looking to make a quick buck but if you are just a collector, then have fun and hope you get good stuff.

yea i definitely agree with you. i am holding on to all of my cards and autographs of all sports and hopefully one day pass them along to my kids if i ever get married :rolleyes:

I've been buying cards the last few years, but have been completing UD sets. Don't know if I would have picked up that box. But finding some old Devils cards is kinda cool. Makes me re-think passing up a cheap offer like that.

I use to try to collect every UD Devils card... but it got expensive...

I now have a lot of good Devils cards Im most likely going to sell eventually...

Now I'm just a Young Guns collector and have every Parise rookie card greater than /10.

His rc's are going through the roof too, so I more than made my money back (even buying the harder ones for $200+)

Like I said in another one... this one has just gone insane in pricing:

20g-TheCup-25-RC.jpg.jpg

20a-TheCup-AutoPatch-RC.jpg

Even a cheap MVP rookie card if you have the right one :)

09c-MVP-PlatRC.jpg

I use to try to collect every UD Devils card... but it got expensive...

I now have a lot of good Devils cards Im most likely going to sell eventually...

Now I'm just a Young Guns collector and have every Parise rookie card greater than /10.

His rc's are going through the roof too, so I more than made my money back (even buying the harder ones for $200+)

Like I said in another one... this one has just gone insane in pricing:

20g-TheCup-25-RC.jpg.jpg

20a-TheCup-AutoPatch-RC.jpg

Even a cheap MVP rookie card if you have the right one :)

09c-MVP-PlatRC.jpg

how much are they valued as now?

i would totally buy any if you ever are looking to sell

my ex got me a Marty rookie card this past holiday. she found it in Okinawa on the big airforce base...mint condition...i don't think the people knew it had any significance.

it blew my mind...pretty cool surprise.

my ex got me a Marty rookie card this past holiday. she found it in Okinawa on the big airforce base...mint condition...i don't think the people knew it had any significance.

it blew my mind...pretty cool surprise.

that's awesome, i have quite a few of his tops rookie card with the red and green unis

now the real question is in which freakin cards box did i put it in...

yeah i looked it up and some of the nice ones on ebay were selling for 25-50 bucks...

guess this is the kind of card if you're a hardcore devils fan it's worth a lot more. i know i'd never sell it...just too cool!

Edited by ice dog

yeah i looked it up and some of the nice ones on ebay were selling for 25-50 bucks...

guess this is the kind of card if you're a hardcore devils fan it's worth a lot more. i know i'd never sell it...just too cool!

I have mine with his autographed puck together in one piece. I couldnt sell mine either. On my facebook account, I have all my autographs posted in an album

36669_411294229932_742454932_420174.jpg

Edited by grcenter47