GDT -- Devils v. Isles -- 7:00 p.m.

Daniel

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter impressed me tonight he had a nice takeaway in the second and helped set up a couple of times.

Carter has had two straight impressive games! He's been solid all season (Let's just ignore when he was all boarding-happy...) but these past few he has stood out...

Kovalchuk... can't even begin to say enough. How can you not love him right now?

When this team plays to their capabilities they can hang with anyone. I can not wait for the playoffs... as an aside, I am really really REALLY hoping that Florida holds on to that Southeast division, and Philly and Pittsburgh stay in 4/5. Not because I think Florida would be a cakewalk, but for my own selfish reasons. Living in Key West you bet your happy asses I'd be at every single game up there in Sunrise... I'm going to go regardless of who Florida plays (I am assuming they will make it... despite their awesome showing in Philly tonight) but I would SO love the opportunity to see my Devils in the playoffs on the road.

wonder where all the kovy haters are, if he can duplicate this yr for the remainder of his contract or close to it this will go down as another GREAT move by lou

The last four or five years of this contract have the potential to be brutal, but obviously we won't know that for a very long time. All the Devils have to do is win one Cup and no one will care...especially if Kovalchuk carries the team on his back. He'll get a free pass from then on out if he does...at the very least, he won't be graded as harshly.

Great year for Kovy, no question, like DevilsFanSteve30 said, pretty impossible not to love everything you're seeing from him right now. But soon it will be about the playoffs...can Kovy produce then as well? We all know that some regular-season monsters in ALL sports have a way of disappearing come playoff time (not implying Kovy will...just that we'll have to see).

wow, the next morning and STILL no story headline about the game / hat trick on nhl.com. what is this, so sort of secret around the league? Oh wait it's Devils news, the league hates the Devils :rolleyes:

Seriously, how is this natural hat trick not a headline? Oh, but if it was against the Rags, headline would read "Rangers fall to blah blah blah," but since it was against the Isles, our game was TOTALLY invisible.

At least milbury is giving us props LOL (dont know if thats a good thing though)

Marty looked like a butterfly goalie last night he had the ice surface covered well. dumb goal blew his SO

clarkson continues to play well, with just enough "old clarksy" to keep things amusing!!! :boogie:

fayne played tavares well, in his encounters, ....everyone played well

lets drub them again!!! cant wait for the flyers!