47 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,276 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Because landeskog and Nugent-Hopkins both had better seasons.

That plus they're both first-year pros and that probably gets them both brownie points in Calder voting. Funny that people now forget how much Henrique was struggling at the end of the regular season because of his playoff heroics.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

The Queen forgot to thank his pads in his acceptance speech. They have to feel slighted.

Come on....THe guys good....playing on a team we hate....facts are facts...he's good !!!
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#23 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

The Queen forgot to thank his pads in his acceptance speech. They have to feel slighted.

thats a billion times funnier than the five minutes i watched. Luckily i caught the rookie trophy. I agree with others, Hendrique was struggling for a while in the regular season. If i voted, i d be afraid to vote for him, i'd think everyone was thinking i voted based on the playoffs as well. for the highlights they said the colorado guy, was the leading scorer on his team, i thought "he plays for the avalanche" but its still impressive. The OIler guy got a hat trick in his third professonal game. Henrique, they said, got the most short handed goals. I can accept him not winning it. Hes still great though, but all three are (So far). I then got bored and watched Zombieland, something i had been meaning to do. It insulted my intelligence (zombie survival intelligence, any other is lacking) but was a good flick.

#24 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Come on....THe guys good....playing on a team we hate....facts are facts...he's good !!!

+1

Imagine he played on a better team with more scoring talent, Canucks Penguins Red Wings..those teams would be unstoppable. Never seen a goalie carry a team like the way he just did.

Edited by Zubie#8, 20 June 2012 - 09:08 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm hoping Henrique went up to the Queen at the after party, shook his hand, and said "ME!!! ITS OVER!!!"
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

+1

Imagine he played on a better team with more scoring talent, Canucks Penguins Red Wings..those teams would be unstoppable. Never seen a goalie carry a team like the way he just did.

Winning the cup is what its all about....guess he thinks the Rags are close...I think he would have much better chances elsewhere...would be waste of a talent like his to never get your name on the cup.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#27 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

lundquist is good, very good and i will not go the route of a Ranger fan and badmouth him cause i hate him and say stuff like they do about Marty (he had a good defense in front of him, on a team like the Leaf's he would suck, etc etc....)

#28 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm hoping Henrique went up to the Queen at the after party, shook his hand, and said "ME!!! ITS OVER!!!"

+1

And had he heard it, Doc secretly would have gotten a kick out of it too.

#29 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

+1

I have. His name was Dominik Hasek and he did it for basically all of the mid to late 90s. Then there's that Jonathan Quick guy this season. Virtually a deadlock statistically between him and Lundqvist during the regular season and then he goes on to put up historically great numbers in the postseason en route to a Stanley Cup. It's hard to even fathom the season Quick would have had if his team wasn't 29th in scoring during the regular season with 34 fewer goals for than the Rangers.

#30 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

I have. His name was Dominik Hasek and he did it for basically all of the mid to late 90s. Then there's that Jonathan Quick guy this season. Virtually a deadlock statistically between him and Lundqvist during the regular season and then he goes on to put up historically great numbers in the postseason en route to a Stanley Cup. It's hard to even fathom the season Quick would have had if his team wasn't 29th in scoring during the regular season with 34 fewer goals for than the Rangers.

They were both great, but remember, Doughty may be the best blueliner in the league.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#31 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

thats a billion times funnier than the five minutes i watched. Luckily i caught the rookie trophy. I agree with others, Hendrique was struggling for a while in the regular season. If i voted, i d be afraid to vote for him, i'd think everyone was thinking i voted based on the playoffs as well. for the highlights they said the colorado guy, was the leading scorer on his team, i thought "he plays for the avalanche" but its still impressive. The OIler guy got a hat trick in his third professonal game. Henrique, they said, got the most short handed goals. I can accept him not winning it. Hes still great though, but all three are (So far). I then got bored and watched Zombieland, something i had been meaning to do. It insulted my intelligence (zombie survival intelligence, any other is lacking) but was a good flick.

The voting is done before the playoffs begin. When they announce the finalists, those are the guys that finished top three in voting.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#32 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

The voting is done before the playoffs begin. When they announce the finalists, those are the guys that finished top three in voting.

yeah, i know that, thats what i meant. id be afraid taht if i voted for Henrique, they would think his playoff play tainted my vote because he struggled late in the regular season.

#33 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

yeah, i know that, thats what i meant. id be afraid taht if i voted for Henrique, they would think his playoff play tainted my vote because he struggled late in the regular season.

Unless you drive a modified 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 how could they have thought his playoff play tainted your vote if the voting is done before the playoffs?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#34 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

opps missed that part, didnt realize the voting was done BEFORE the playoffs. read that wrong. good work on specifying the DeLorean type. learned something else tonight. Nevr watched a NHL award show before (though 5 min). i was glad to hear marty won an award for best save. it was pretty sweet.

#35 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

opps missed that part, didnt realize the voting was done BEFORE the playoffs. read that wrong. good work on specifying the DeLorean type. learned something else tonight. Nevr watched a NHL award show before (though 5 min). i was glad to hear marty won an award for best save. it was pretty sweet.

Meh I won't take credit for that, had to look it up on wikipedia first haha
--John Buccigross

#36 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

That show was f'n terrible, and that is putting it mildly. I actually switched over to Law and Order reruns and just checked back periodically to hear the announcements. They need to stop with the "entertainment" aspect and run it like a HS awards assembly. Just hand out the hardware and be done with it. If you need to fill some time, give out some lifetime achievement awards or do some stuff to honor the games past.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

I disagree, i think the Jay Mohr years were funny and I like how the NHL does a show, and not just announce them in a press release.

I remember a couple of years ago, Jay Mohr did a great job, but then they have weird musical acts or circus performances like last year.

Other comedians would definitely host the show, Nickelback is fine...people just want to complain. They aren't the greatest band, but for a one song performance who cares, give these guys some credit - they sell out buildings and are hockey fans. They aren't faking it like some other "celebs."

It just needs a better producer.

#38 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

I disagree, i think the Jay Mohr years were funny and I like how the NHL does a show, and not just announce them in a press release.

I remember a couple of years ago, Jay Mohr did a great job, but then they have weird musical acts or circus performances like last year.

Other comedians would definitely host the show, Nickelback is fine...people just want to complain. They aren't the greatest band, but for a one song performance who cares, give these guys some credit - they sell out buildings and are hockey fans. They aren't faking it like some other "celebs."

It just needs a better producer.

I love Nickelback.

:ph34r:

Edited by Zubie#8, 21 June 2012 - 07:27 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#39 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

I wonder, though, exactly how much of a hockey fan Jay Mohr really is.

Remember a year or two back on the show when he referred to Tampa's GM as "Steve Wiserman"?

[epic facepalm]

Edited by NJCroMag, 21 June 2012 - 07:48 AM.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#40 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

Will Arnett doing fake Shanny was pretty funny. Definitely the funniest thing they did. Everything else was predictably lame and awkward.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users