It has been awhile...(2013 Starting Roster Discussion)

Mayday

A better skating Clarkson minus the grit. Also has more offensive awareness than Clarkie.

So he is clarkson, without grit? With more offensive awareness?

So he's nothing like clarkson then?

Or just a blue collar, lunch pail mentality...?

Anybody else care to weigh in?

So he is clarkson, without grit? With more offensive awareness?

So he's nothing like clarkson then?

Or just a blue collar, lunch pail mentality...?

Anybody else care to weigh in?

Ok, my bad I was just thinking of what to expect offensively. No lunch pail.

Yeah, back to Russia hopefully

Bring Sykora back, squeeze the last bit of hockey he has left and we can cut him loose if he plays that bad

Volchenkov was an anchor of the best penalty kill in NHL history last year. I don't understand this hostility.

Sykora, OTOH, faded as the year went on and earned his playoff benching. He is done.

My only suggestion for a UFA signing is to nab Eric Fehr as a depth player, put him onto the 3rd line. With 3rd line icetime, he'll be good for 10-15 goals, 25-30 points, and he'll be cheap since he's coming off a poor season statistically... 2 goals in 35 games, but only shot 3.7% following rehab from double shoulder surgery.

Butler should see Sykora's PP time on the 2nd unit, I really don't see the need to re-up Sykora. Maybe he gets a camp invite again to prove himself... could do decently since it's more of a sprint to the finish line.

My only suggestion for a UFA signing is to nab Eric Fehr as a depth player, put him onto the 3rd line. With 3rd line icetime, he'll be good for 10-15 goals, 25-30 points, and he'll be cheap since he's coming off a poor season statistically... 2 goals in 35 games, but only shot 3.7% following rehab from double shoulder surgery.

Butler should see Sykora's PP time on the 2nd unit, I really don't see the need to re-up Sykora. Maybe he gets a camp invite again to prove himself... could do decently since it's more of a sprint to the finish line.

I'm all for Eric Fehr. He was pretty good with the Caps. I'm hoping Lou does do a little wheeling and dealing before the season. Perhaps he didn't make that many moves in the off season because of the ownership situation and anticipation of the lockout. Now he's good to go.