Turris rumor + new rumor

ghdi

I'm inclined to believe that scratching Urbom this weekend was possibly performance-related but more likely just trying to get everyone in the lineup.

Reports are Zharkov has been nursing a lower body injury which is why he was held out of the line up this weekend.

Yup.

nothing on the waiver wire or Europe that's going to be an upgrade now.

Anyone watching international hockey (hell anyone watching the olympics or world cup) knows this simply isn't true. There are definitively numerous players in europe that would be a reinforcement for the current devils top 6..

Anyone watching international hockey (hell anyone watching the olympics or world cup) knows this simply isn't true. There are definitively numerous players in europe that would be a reinforcement for the current devils top 6..

but they're not walking through that door. and also there are far fewer of these players than you think.

:rant: /on

I honestly follow the devils more closely then I follow any european team at the moment, but there are many examples of great european players who are never really given a chance in the NHL. Players that are brought over are given ridiculous two-way contracts, and if they are not an immediate impact they get dumped to some sh!tty "dump-and-chase" farmer league until they give up and go back home to europe. (Espen Knutsen with the Ducks.) Which usually doesn't take to long since the pay is way better in the top european leagues then in the AHL. (Recently Jonas Holøs of the Avs opted out of AHL play to go back to a $1 mill/year contract in the SEL.) Next up could be Mats Zuccarello of the NYR, MVP of the SEL, but given low minutes on poor lines in the NHL. Dumped to the AHL recently, making next to no money at all. I expect he'll be back to europe in no-time as well, unless Tortorella changes his mind about him for some reason.

Anyway, those examples are norwegian players (I'm norwegian), and as we are all (painfully) well aware, the best talent in europe is in sweden, the czech republic and russia. I'm sure there's a bunch of NHL rejects that given the chance would do well.

:rant: /off

That said, right now we need something safe and tried. And you're certainly right about there not being many of those sitting around waiting that's for sure. :P

EDIT:

I'm actually kinda hoping we can make a deal for this Turris guy, seems like there's some potential there. How does this stuff work when he actually has no contract? How long does his club "own" him? In europe he'd obviously be able to go whereever he pleased at this point.

Edited by njdevsftw

Salvador? Fraser? Call up Urbom/Corrente

Something in the back of my mind has me dreaming the Devils snoop in and nab Carter, only god knows how.

I can't take any credit lol I just saw this post and figured the odd's of getting Ryan Carter were way better than Jeff, just a dumb comment that came true.

Just incase its not a fluke though, 8,9,15,17,45,57 bank on those lotto #'s! if it happens i want a piece of the action though.

so i guess Turris was never really about $$$, he asked for a trade from day1

"This has never been about money, we've been upfront with the club from Day 1," Overhardt told ESPN.com Thursday. "We've respectfully requested that the player had the opportunity to move forward in his career by having a fresh start."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7155852/kyle-turris-asks-phoenix-coyotes-trade

on one side i think its good that Maloney won't trade him and wait cause then any kids would try to do the same. But on the other hand... the kid made it public that he doesnt want to be there, you don't want that in your locker room and i dont think the other players would be thrilled to play with him anymore, and you know he's not gonna play with all his heart.

not too sure what i'd do in that situation

so i guess Turris was never really about $$$, he asked for a trade from day1

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7155852/kyle-turris-asks-phoenix-coyotes-trade

on one side i think its good that Maloney won't trade him and wait cause then any kids would try to do the same. But on the other hand... the kid made it public that he doesnt want to be there, you don't want that in your locker room and i dont think the other players would be thrilled to play with him anymore, and you know he's not gonna play with all his heart.

not too sure what i'd do in that situation

Maloney is an idiot. I understand he is in a hard place because Turris is theoretically worth much more than what he'll get in a trade, but on the other hand the guy absolutely does not want to sign with them. By dragging this out, Maloney is bringing it more and more into the public eye that a top draft pick wants out of Phoenix so bad that he's willing to not play. It's demoralizing for his players, and even if Turris WERE to sign, he is obviously out of there first chance he gets and he'll be a detriment in the locker room. Maloney needs to eat his pride and understand that in this situation, getting some scrubs / prospects for Turris is much better than creating a public fiasco out of this.

Edited by Amberite

I missed Dallas's game but for the most part I don't see center being a weakness. We are so ugly up the right side of the ice that any team will clog up the left. They even do it on our breakout, we almost always want to go up the left side of the ice.

Believe me, it won't be long before Bernier or Silso are called up in place of Palmieri.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac