2013-14 Albany Devils and ECHL Thread

thefiestygoat

Nice to see Wedgewood with a hot streak. Maybe he can pull things together next season. 

Would be nice to see a drafted Devils goalie not fizzle out by his mid-20s for a change, wouldn't it?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW..What a game by Albany. Sweet rip by Boucher to tie it. Albany seems poised to be a dangerous team in the Calder Cup playoffs.

Nice to see Wedgewood with a hot streak. Maybe he can pull things together next season. 

I believe in Wedgewood.  It would be great it he continues his development and slots in very nicely behind Schneider after a few years.  If Cory continues to play well, Wedge could be a great young asset(age 24 or 25 maybe) to flip for a talented young forward.  I'm getting ahead of myself, but something to believe in and hope for.  Watching those highlights, I'm thinking, "Damn, Sislo and Boucher are quite the young forwards."  Sislo's goal was just as pretty as Boucher's.  He split the D on that one.  Also, Larsson is getting a lot of PP time in Albany, which is excellent for his development I think.  I feel that Hrabarenka has been playing quite well too, he made an excellent diving defensive play in those highlights.  I actually might try and follow the A-Devs and their playoff hopes. 

Edited by RizzMB30

AHL
Albany defeated Syracuse 6-2. Larsson, K. Zajac, and Hrabarenka each had a goal and an assist. Urbom, Boucher, and Sislo had a goal each and Whitney had 2 assists. Wedgewood stopped 22 of 24 shots. Albany outshot Syracuse 28-24 and went 1/9 on the PP and 3/5 on the PK. Albany is now up to 6th in the East and 6 points clear of 9th. Here is the gamesheet.

ECHL
Elmira lost to Cincinnati 4-1
Artem Demkov F: DNP (Injured)
Riley Boychuk F: Assist, +1, 2 PIM (Cross Checking)
Harry Young D: E, 6 PIM (High Sticking, Hooking, Interference), 2 Shots

Orlando defeated South Carolina 4-3 (SO)
Maxime Clermont G: 33 Saves on 36 Shots, Stopped 4/5 Shootout Attempts

ECHL 3/21
Elmira lost to Cincinnati 7-5
Riley Boychuk F: -3, 3 Shots
Harry Young D: E, 5 PIM (Fighting), 2 Shots

Orlando lost to South Carolina 3-1
Maxime Clermont G: DNP

Good to see Janssen back playing. He was out with some infection for a while, correct?

I liked Sislo's game his entire time while he was up. He should be up next year with the big club.

I honestly didn't even notice until now that Janssen missed a month. I searched but didn't find anything relating to an infection or why he missed time so I'm not sure what was up.

I also hope to see Sislo in NJ next season. According to CapGeek he is a UFA so hopefully Lou is able to re-sign him. Great year for him though, 23 goals, 16 assists in 53 games and 2.47 shots per game. His SH% is a high 17.56 but still, I think he deserves an extended look. He's going to be 27 next year so it's not like he's going to get much better, time to see if he can handle it full time in the NHL.

I also want to give some praise to Kelly Zajac. 9 goals, 28 assists in 56 games in his 1st full AHL season. Seems like he has a decent chance to land a NHL contract from the Devils. Darcy landed one at an older age with much less production.

Wedgewood coming up big in a stretch run is good to see.

It's awesome that he's stepped up this month (.930 SV% in 5 games) since Kinkaid has been in a bit of rut. He's only facing an average of 20 shots per game in those 5 starts so his teammates seem to be doing a solid job in front of him.

I honestly didn't even notice until now that Janssen missed a month. I searched but didn't find anything relating to an infection or why he missed time so I'm not sure what was up.

I also hope to see Sislo in NJ next season. According to CapGeek he is a UFA so hopefully Lou is able to re-sign him. Great year for him though, 23 goals, 16 assists in 53 games and 2.47 shots per game. His SH% is a high 17.56 but still, I think he deserves an extended look. He's going to be 27 next year so it's not like he's going to get much better, time to see if he can handle it full time in the NHL.

I also want to give some praise to Kelly Zajac. 9 goals, 28 assists in 56 games in his 1st full AHL season. Seems like he has a decent chance to land a NHL contract from the Devils. Darcy landed one at an older age with much less production.

It's awesome that he's stepped up this month (.930 SV% in 5 games) since Kinkaid has been in a bit of rut. He's only facing an average of 20 shots per game in those 5 starts so his teammates seem to be doing a solid job in front of him.

Looks like Hraberanka earned a spot on the team by his own merit. O think we can feel pretty good about our "D" in the near future. I hope Lou does resign Sislo

Albany lost to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 3-2 (OT). Scoring for the Devils was Larsson (Timmins) and D. Zajac. Kinkaid stopped 19 of 22 shots. Albany was outshot 22-21 and went 0/3 on the PP and 0/1 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet. Albany is in 6th place in the East with 79 points, 7 points clear of 9th place with 11 games left.

Stats:
Keith Kinkaid G: 37 GP 21-11-4, 2.38 GAA, .909 SV%, 4 SO
Adam Larsson D: 30 GP 3-16-19, E, 14 PIM, 5.0 SH%, 2.0 SH/GP
Scott Timmins C: 50 GP 11-23-34, +11, 18 PIM, 10.48 SH%, 2.1 SH/GP

AHL
Albany lost to Hershey 4-1. Scoring for the Devils was Matteau (PP, K. Zajac, Tedenby). Wedgewood stopped 22 of 25 shots. The Devils were outshot 26-22 and went 1/5 on the PP and 2/4 on the PK. Albany is in 7th place with 79 points, 5 points clear of 9th place Hershey. Here is the gamesheet.

Stats:
Scott Wedgewood G: 31 GP 13-13-3, 2.48 GAA, .896 SV%, 3 SO
Stefan Matteau LW: 57 GP 12-10-22, +5, 56 PIM, 13.48 SH%, 1.56 SH/GP
Kelly Zajac C: 58 GP 9-29-38, +6, 2 PIM, 12.86 SH%, 1.21 SH/GP

ECHL
Elmira lost to Reading 4-1
Riley Boychuk F: -1, 2 PIM (Delay of Game), 1 Shot
Harry Young D: Goal, +1, 2 Shots

ECHL 3/26
Orlando lost to Cincinnati 5-1
Maxime Clermont G: 22 Saves on 27 Shots in 34:10

ECHL 3/27
Orlando defeated Evansville 5-3
Maxime Clermont G: DNP

AHL
Albany lost to Worcester 4-3 (SO). Scoring for the Devils was Matteau (Tedenby, Timmins), Tedenby (Matteau, K. Zajac), and K. Zajac (PP, Tedenby, Urbom). All 5 of Albany's shooters were stopped in the shootout. Kinkaid stopped 28 of 31 shots and 4 of 5 attempts in the shootout. Albany was outshot 31-21 and went 1/3 on the PP and 3/3 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Albany has lost 3 in a row but has managed to get a point in 2 of those losses. The Devils have 9 games left and are currently in 7th place in the East, 4 points ahead of 9th. K. Zajac has a goal and 2 assists so far this weekend. Matteau has 2 goals and an assist in that time.

Stats:
Kelly Zajac C: 59 GP 10-30-40, +4, 2 PIM, 13.88 SH%, 1.22 SH/GP
Stefan Matteau LW: 58 GP 13-11-24, +3, 58 PIM, 14.29 SH%, 1.57 SH/GP
Keith Kinkaid G: 38 GP 21-11-5, 2.40 GAA, .909 SV%, 4 SO

ECHL
Elmira lost to Reading 6-3
Artem Demkov F: Goal (PP), -4, 2 Shots
Riley Boychuk F: DNP
Harry Young D: E, 2 PIM (Tripping), 3 Shots

Orlando defeated Evansville 5-4
Maxime Clermont G: Stopped all 12 shots he faced in 32:29 of relief

AHL
Albany defeated Binghamton 3-2 (SO). Scoring for the Devils was Boucher (PP, Urbom, Timmins) and Wohlberg (Pesonen, D. Zajac). Pelley had the lone shootout goal. Wedgewood stopped 23 of 25 shots and all 5 attempts he faced in the shootout. Albany outshot Binghamton 26-25 and went 1/3 on the PP and didn't take a penalty all game. Here is the gamesheet. Albany has moved up to 6th place in the East, 6 points clear of 9th, though Hershey has a game in hand. The Devils have 8 games left.

Stats:
Scott Wedgewood G: 32 GP 14-13-3, 2.46 GAA, .897 SV%, 3 SO
Reid Boucher LW: 48 GP 19-14-33, -4, 10 PIM, 14.96 SH%, 2.65 SH/GP
Scott Timmins C: 53 GP 11-25-36, +9, 18 PIM, 9.82 SH%, 2.11 SH/GP
Harri Pesonen LW: 67 GP 12-17-29, +9, 50 PIM, 9.38 SH%, 1.91 SH/GP

ECHL
Elmira lost to Wheeling 5-1
Artem Demkov F: Goal (PP), E, 3 Shots
Riley Boychuk F: -1
Harry Young D: -1, 2 PIM (Slashing)

AHL

Albany defeated Binghamton 3-2 (SO). Scoring for the Devils was Boucher (PP, Urbom, Timmins) and Wohlberg (Pesonen, D. Zajac). Pelley had the lone shootout goal. Wedgewood stopped 23 of 25 shots and all 5 attempts he faced in the shootout. Albany outshot Binghamton 26-25 and went 1/3 on the PP and didn't take a penalty all game. Here is the gamesheet. Albany has moved up to 6th place in the East, 6 points clear of 9th, though Hershey has a game in hand. The Devils have 8 games left.

Stats:

Scott Wedgewood G: 32 GP 14-13-3, 2.46 GAA, .897 SV%, 3 SO

Reid Boucher LW: 48 GP 19-14-33, -4, 10 PIM, 14.96 SH%, 2.65 SH/GP

Scott Timmins C: 53 GP 11-25-36, +9, 18 PIM, 9.82 SH%, 2.11 SH/GP

Harri Pesonen LW: 67 GP 12-17-29, +9, 50 PIM, 9.38 SH%, 1.91 SH/GP

ECHL

Elmira lost to Wheeling 5-1

Artem Demkov F: Goal (PP), E, 3 Shots

Riley Boychuk F: -1

Harry Young D: -1, 2 PIM (Slashing)

Urbom on that turnover for the first goal, sheeeesh. :doh1: I just mentioned in other thread that he could be a 7th defenseman. 

Urbom on that turnover for the first goal, sheeeesh. :doh1: I just mentioned in other thread that he could be a 7th defenseman. 

Haha, I was gonna send you over here when I read that - yeah even ignoring that play I really don't think he's done enough to merit a spot in the NHL.

AHL
Albany lost to Syracuse 2-1. Pesonen scored the lone Devils goal on the PP assisted by Urbom and Wedgewood. Wedgewood stopped 23 of 25 shots. Albany went 1/3 on the PP and 2/2 on the PK. Albany was outshot 25-17. Here is the gamesheet. Albany is in 7th place in the East with 82 points in 69 games, 4 points ahead of 9th place Hershey who has only played 68 games.

ECHL
Elmira defeated Orlando 5-1
Artem Demkov F: DNP
Riley Boychuk F: Goal, +2, 3 Shots
Harry Young D: DNP (Injured)
Maxime Clermont G: 28 Saves on 33 Shots

AHL
Albany lost to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 1-0 (OT). Kinkaid stopped 17 of 18 shots to earn 3rd star. Johnson had an even rating and 2 shots in his pro debut. Albany outshot WBS 25-18 and went 0/2 on the PP and 4/4 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Albany has 6 games left and is in 7th place in the East with 83 points. 9th place Hershey has 80 points and a game in hand.

ECHL
Elmira lost to Evansville 7-2
Riley Boychuk F: -1, 2 PIM (Cross Checking), 4 Shots
Harry Young D: DNP (Injured)

Orlando defeated Wheeling 3-1
Maxime Clermont G: 33 Saves on 34 Shots* 1st Star

Albany lost to Adirondack 4-3 despite putting up 53 shots. Scoring for the Devils was Pelley (Wohlberg, D. Zajac), Scarlett (PP, Urbom, Whitney), and Timmins (PP, Urbom, Whitney). Wedgewood stopped 5 of 7 shots in the 1st period and Kinkaid stopped 23 of 25 shots in the final 2 periods. Apparently Wedgewood was injured. Shots were 53-32 Albany with Whitney leading the way with 8, followed by Timmins and Johnson with 6 each. Albany went 2/6 on the PP and 4/6 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Albany has 5 games left and is in 7th place at the moment with 83 points in 71 games, though Norfolk is currently playing and can tie them in points with a victory while maintaining a game in hand. Hershey has moved up to 8th at the moment with 82 points and a game in hand on Albany.