We signed Krys Barch for 2 years

grcenter47

Sounds like Barch will be a permanent 4th liner with one of the CBGB players fighting for a third line spot.

................... :doh1:

On my iPad, but want to post a quadruple Captain Picard facepalm.

Geez this season is going to be awful. This signing has brought me from denial to acceptance, with only a brief stop at anger. Gooning it up with Cam and this dreck to watch a few boring wrestlng matches to take attention away from getting our asses kicked.

Suck for Nate MacKinnon. That's the silver lining.

Yet there is no room in the organisation for Zharkov!!!!!

It's pretty obvious that Zharkov wanted to go back to Russia. There was talk of it last off season. This has pretty much nothing to do with that. If anything, you should blame how well Gionta and Carter did for sealing his fate.

Barch has played more than 50 games a season twice. Its obvious that he is basically Boulton. Its possible Boulton wanted to leave.

Boulton is a colossally terrible hockey player, and the Devils waived him at the trade deadline. Barch is better and younger so at least his game shouldn't collapse, but he's also awful.

Boulton is a colossally terrible hockey player, and the Devils waived him at the trade deadline. Barch is better and younger so at least his game shouldn't collapse, but he's also awful.

Its a lateral move. Getting rid of Boulton and bringing in this guy is like putting a bandaid on a shotgun blast.

It's pretty obvious that Zharkov wanted to go back to Russia. There was talk of it last off season. This has pretty much nothing to do with that. If anything, you should blame how well Gionta and Carter did for sealing his fate.

It has everything to do with it. Instead of playing Zharkov, the Devils played slapdicks Boulton and Janssen for many, many games in the 1st half of the year. They played Brad Mills. They played Tim Sestito. These players don't belong in the NHL.

I realize Lou has forgotton more hockey than any of us will ever know, and I love the guy... but if his plan is to play this piece of sh!t on the fourth line and bump up one the CBGB's, than he's lost his fvcking mind. That is so collassolly stupid, I can't even put it into words. And I still can't get over him signing this clown for 2 years. 2 years for Barch, but he can't take Poni for one year at $1.8? Makes a lot of sense Lou, keep rolling.

Edited by MadDog2020

Gross's fire and ice article reads as if Barch is replacing Parise.

Anyways, the only thing I can think of is that Lou is preparing to trade one of our fourth line guys in a bundle deal for a winger.

Edited by ben00rs

It has everything to do with it. Instead of playing Zharkov, the Devils played slapdicks Boulton and Janssen for many, many games in the 1st half of the year. They played Brad Mills. They played Tim Sestito. These players don't belong in the NHL.

Apparently, neither does Zharkov.

Unless there is a possibility the 4th line becomes the third/partial third. Then spots open up on the 4th line. And instead we sign this scrub.

Gross's fire and ice article reads as if Barch is replacing Parise.

Anyways, the only thing I can think of is that Lou is preparing to trade one of our fourth line guys in a bundle deal for a winger.

Highly doubtful. I think Lou thinks Barch will actually play full-time 4th line minutes, which is a bit scary. And that would be a Lou solution. Instead of signing one of the cheaper wings out there to a 1-year deal, he plugs in this moron and bumps up. And it has failure written all over it.

Apparently, neither does Zharkov.

Yeah, because Brad Mills and Tim Sestito were better hockey players, not just because they like running into other hockey players. Tim Sestito might be the worst regularly-employed non-goon since SJS/Ottawa had horrendous expansion teams. I'm not even sure he's average at the AHL level. He is an abysmal NHL hockey player.

Unless there is a possibility the 4th line becomes the third/partial third. Then spots open up on the 4th line. And instead we sign this scrub.

I think the Zharkov decision was made last year. I think he wanted out, and the Devils knew he wanted out. There was a lot of talk last off season of him signing in Russia, so maybe he decided that instead of breaking contract, he would finish out the last year and go.

I'm not defending the Byrch signing. It makes no sense. I'm just saying I think Zharkov leaving was known to both parties, and it's probably why they didn't bother calling him up.

Yeah, because Brad Mills and Tim Sestito were better hockey players, not just because they like running into other hockey players. Tim Sestito might be the worst regularly-employed non-goon since SJS/Ottawa had horrendous expansion teams. I'm not even sure he's average at the AHL level. He is an abysmal NHL hockey player.

He actually had a good game against Philly. It was shocking.

As for this, circle of life, I think we intend to hire and fire every remaining goon in the NHL. You can't be worse than Boulton unless you're Nino Niederreiter.

Could really care less, they still have too many defensemen, someone will come in.

As I said, I think they knew Zharkov was on the way out and didn't even bother bringing him up. There must have been some reason that no one wanted him on the big club.

He actually had a good game against Philly. It was shocking.

As for this, circle of life, I think we intend to hire and fire every remaining goon in the NHL. You can't be worse than Boulton unless you're Nino Niederreiter.

Could really care less, they still have too many defensemen, someone will come in.

I remember that game, he was brilliant out there. Knocking over everyone and made a few key blocks, and he did not take any stupid penalties.