Brodeur Admits To Affair

DevilMinder

Okay it was a mistake but if it was with his sister in law that is just wrong. I know if this was Tucker or Domi we would say that is disgusting and he is sick but since this is Marty we say it was a mistake and no one is perfect. This bugs me becuase Marty is my favourite hockey player. I hope this isn't the real story.

I get what you're saying, DM. I'm not saying by any means that I think what Marty did is ok, I'm just saying that this stuff happens a lot in the world - in fact, we have a family friend who was in the exact same situation with a sister-in-law - but it's between Marty and Melanie, and the media doesn't need to get into it and put it out all over the place. Hopefully, they both know what they did wrong, and they can fix it without having too much invasion by the media.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I can't believe my eyes. The Stanley Cup finals and the whole Melanie Brodeur angle during both finals just hooked me in.

I feel somewhat decieved. I am not judging Marty, I just feel a sense of sadness that he didn't live up to the image protrayed by ABC.

Okay it was a mistake but if it was with his sister in law that is just wrong. I know if this was Tucker or Domi we would say that is disgusting and he is sick but since this is Marty we say it was a mistake and no one is perfect. This bugs me becuase Marty is my favourite hockey player. I hope this isn't the real story.

I get what you're saying, DM. I'm not saying by any means that I think what Marty did is ok, I'm just saying that this stuff happens a lot in the world - in fact, we have a family friend who was in the exact same situation with a sister-in-law - but it's between Marty and Melanie, and the media doesn't need to get into it and put it out all over the place. Hopefully, they both know what they did wrong, and they can fix it without having too much invasion by the media.

I only posted the article and made no comment G14.

I only posted the article and made no comment G14.

whoaaaaaa, sorry bout that! I just glanced at the prior post and misread the username. Sorry!

Blackjack no I am not but then two of us must have been reporting the same thing.

Reading some of these posts and the considerations some are giving Marty vs others.

It appears that there is such a thing as being just a little bit pregnant.

C'mon folks call a spade a spade.

If it's terrible for Domi or Tucker to do then it's terrible for Marty to do.

What's worse here is that it's his sister-in-law as well.

Who are we to judge?

We don't even know the full story, so how can we come to conclusions and change our views/opinions of this man without knowing the real deal?

This story bothers me, but some of you posters are bothering me even more than the picture that these tabloid articles are painting.

Like I said, Marty deserves respect, and Marty deserves privacy.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm done with this topic, because it's not my place to say a THING about it in the first place.

Its unfortunate this comes up during the playoffs but like he said he has a job to do. We all make mistakes. This is Marty and Melanie's problem not ours. The only problem I see is if the Devils do win the cup they will reference Brodeur's troubles as one of the seasons adversities he had to get over.

Well said, and even though I did state my opinion on the matter, I think it's ridiculous that it turns into a media field day -- it's the man's private life we're talking about here! I bet they just add fuel to the fire and makes things worse....

An affair is not a capital crime for heaven's sake and can be forgiven. The marriage can survive, unless the affair is a result of a marriage unravelling. And yes women can be very mean. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

I can't believe I'm even commenting on this nonsense. LETS GO DEVILS!