As Devils fans please show Hedberg some respect

LucifersDog

Show Hedberg some respect.

Lou knew about Marty's back problem and covered it up as day to day. Lou did nothing but put Hedberg in this position of playing every day. Lou doesn't want his rookie goalie to have the pressure of starting a game that is important for fear of fan abuse of the future goalie.

Hedberg was signed and paid as a backup goalie but because of the tight schedule and Marty's back, he is playing almost every day. He is tired, he is 39 years old and was cheap for the Devils. The defense has played poorly in front of him and he can't control that, ask Stevens about the poor defense. The offense can't score goals neither can Hedberg, get on their arse not his

Where is Hedberg's buddy Marty defending him in the press, no where to be read but Marty loves the "We need Marty position."

We went to the playoff last season because of Hedberg, so show him  the respect.

The problems this Devils team have are all on Lou, not Hedberg. Is Kovy's back sore? Why is Kovy being double shifted? What has Kovy done while being double shifted? NOTHING. Where are the replacement goals from those players that left?  We have Devils players playing that don't belong in the NHL but Lou is cheap. Poni is a bust. Butler is a waste. Gionta is a joke. The biggest joke of all is Janssen.

Be fair to Hedberg!!! Be objective and give him a break and thank him for abusing his body for the Devils team.

I hope we win because everyone else on the team does their job including the coaches.

Go Devils.

Basically agreed...unfortunately most of the people who would read this are probably already on their way to the game or at the game :P  

Maybe Pete's mad at him and wants him to be maimed by the home crowd.  There's no logical explanation for him to be out there tonight, none.

Basically agreed...unfortunately most of the people who would read this are probably already on their way to the game or at the game :P

Maybe Pete's mad at him and wants him to be maimed by the home crowd.  There's no logical explanation for him to be out there tonight, none.

This isn't a one day event

Exactly more on the defense, offense and most importantly on the coaches and Devils Management.

During the stretch the whole team has been bad and most of the blame can't be put on moose. That being said, there were some games we should have won, and moose was beyond awful. I don't care if he's a "backup" goalie, some of these games the brain farts hes had are inexcusable no matter what level of goaltender you are. Not going to be a douche at the game but this bad streak is on moose, as much as any other player.

i 100percent dont blame moose. I blame Peter Defaggotboer. As far as I'm concerned these losses are on the coach not moose. Moose has shown hes not playing well and we continue to put him out there, despite teh fact MARTY wouldn't even be starting this many games without the back up in. It's fvcking retarded.

The amount of sh!t you've called Marty in the past 4 years, you have a moral obligation to tell us to take it easy on a goalie? Really?

This is fair enough too.  And it's a lot more than four years :lol:

At least Moose bought himself a couple more games of crowd support with Thursday and Sunday.  Hopefully he's righted the ship.

i 100percent dont blame moose. I blame Peter Defaggotboer. As far as I'm concerned these losses are on the coach not moose. Moose has shown hes not playing well and we continue to put him out there, despite teh fact MARTY wouldn't even be starting this many games without the back up in. It's fvcking retarded.

Defaggtboer? What are you, 12?

As critical as we have all been on Hedberg I don't think anyone's been too disrespectful. He gets booed when he plays terribly (like any other player or goalie) and he still hears Moose calls when he makes big stops.

Defaggtboer? What are you, 12?

As critical as we have all been on Hedberg I don't think anyone's been too disrespectful. He gets booed when he plays terribly (like any other player or goalie) and he still hears Moose calls when he makes big stops.

Yea I'm 12, and I can see how bad a a coach deboer has been in this 10 game stretch. Many of his moves make zero sense, mainly his decision to constantly start hedberg regardless of how he plays. And he is constantly putting this team in a bad position. I'm 12 and I see all that, and in response I call him defaggotboer. How often does a goalie get pulled 2 of 3 games and continue to start without hitting the bench at least for a game. I would imagine never but alas our best D-men are always benched and hedberg gets no rest even when hes playing like sh!t. So ya.

Edited by Sneax

Yea I'm 12, and I can see how bad a a coach deboer has been in this 10 game stretch. Many of his moves make zero sense, mainly his decision to constantly start hedberg regardless of how he plays. And he is constantly putting this team in a bad position. I'm 12 and I see all that, and in response I call him defaggotboer. How often does a goalie get pulled 2 of 3 games and continue to start without hitting the bench at least for a game. I would imagine never but alas our best D-men are always benched and hedberg gets no rest even when hes playing like sh!t. So ya.

Embarrassing.

Hate on DeBoer all you want, but try to be a little respectful (going back to theme of the OP). No reason to come up with immature names like that.

http://youcanplayproject.org/

This. We can agree to disagree on DeBoer's coaching, but this board is worth going to because people are respectful. I have no patience for racist, sexist, or homophobic bullish!t.

This. We can agree to disagree on DeBoer's coaching, but this board is worth going to because people are respectful. I have no patience for racist, sexist, or homophobic bullish!t.

Thank you.  And as a parent of kids with disabilities, I would include the "retard" labels on that list.

Thank you.  And as a parent of kids with disabilities, I would include the "retard" labels on that list.

Completely agreed. Forgot about that one, but it gets bandied around way too regularly, even on this board.

After what Deboer helped this team achieve last year I don't know how anyone could hate him. Even if u don't like some of the things he's done this year I think people should realize that this guy has really done a phenomenal job with this team overall since he came here. And on a side note, anything that the team does in regards to playing a prospect or scratching players will go through Lou at some point. So if people complain about Deboers decision to scratch or play player X then they should blame Lou for giving him the go ahead as well.

You'll learn one day, when your childhood friend or a cousin or even your future son comes out of the closet, how hurtful and unnecessary that word is. I can somewhat understand a drunk fan at the Flyers game letting it rip on Rinaldo after a dirty hit. But on a forum, you have more time, concentration and poise to express your thoughts more respectfully.

Yeah -- for me DeBoer is not out of control or making desperation moves. He's considering everything and has much more information than we do on what benching some guys will do to the team morale.

I dont feel like he's playing it safe.  He IS cautious - but I do trust him.  He's kind of Stevens-esque in that he keeps moving even if it's a snails pace - and looks and looks and looks and forms a vision and for me - his vision is really close to bullseye.  You find that out of course after he's decided to take action.  I see no sign he's out of touch and graspong at straws. 

In FACT I see someone completely in touch while keeping space for decision making.  He a coach that sees and understands "A time for everythign and everything in it's time"

We don't - we're fans and want instant gratification.  He makes n o excuses like some coaches and he's not stalling.  He's not happy but won't screw things up wheel spinning or forcing accountability before it's ready to be digested by the team.

So far -- DeBoer is my top favorite coach under pressure like this.