Devils are 1-6 against Confrence Leaders

nmm90392

Eh, if we make the playoffs that's good enough for me this season.

Despite Lou's denials we are rebuilding and experiencing the growing pains of a new team shedding it's old skin. It's incrimental. Last year we missed the playoffs, this year we make the playoffs, next year who knows?

This is exactly the way the Bruins went.

This.

I imagine if your look at these games againt the top four the players who need to step up with offense virtually disappear. It only seems that Parise, Kovy, Henrique, Sykora, Zubs and Elias only show up against weaker teams.

They're all in double digits but they only seems to score against weaker teams.

This has got to change.

I imagine if your look at these games againt the top four the players who need to step up with offense virtually disappear. It only seems that Parise, Kovy, Henrique, Sykora, Zubs and Elias only show up against weaker teams.

They're all in double digits but they only seems to score against weaker teams.

This has got to change.

at this point im blaming the system a little bit for that... were absolutely not creative in the offensive zone and really predictable... we never have guys in front of the net and were barely trying to get the puck to the net... were relying on some kind of set play and not on the possibility of a rebound or something

Edited by SterioDesign

I see problems in front of our net. It seems when they play the "better" teams, they start to panic and lose their positions. You'll see 3 players chasing the puck behind the net; D-men rushing across the net to the wrong side, forwards not picking a man and total disarray (General Disarray to be exact). They have more of a fear of losing against the better teams. They wont do that against Winnepeg or Buffalo. But they will against Boston or Philly.

I see problems in front of our net. It seems when they play the "better" teams, they start to panic and lose their positions. You'll see 3 players chasing the puck behind the net; D-men rushing across the net to the wrong side, forwards not picking a man and total disarray (General Disarray to be exact). They have more of a fear of losing against the better teams. They wont do that against Winnepeg or Buffalo. But they will against Boston or Philly.

yeah, and they leave the point man open with too much time and space to get a real good shot on net

Edited by hargsy

I've been holding this back for a while but I'm just done.

You're a pathetic little nitwit. You comment 40 times on every single thread with the most extreme absurd statements ever. When the Devils are on a 3 game win streak your world is shining and bright, you love the team and you love the fans and you're absurdly ridiculously overjoyed with every tidbit of Devils news. When they lose two in a row you're a whining little obnoxious piece of turd. You cry, bitch, moan, and yap your way about how much you hate the team on every thread. SHUT. THE. FVCK. UP. Please.

If you're embarrassed to be a Devils fan because of two losses in January, get the fvck out of this place. It's not for you. We're a forum for Devils fans, not bipolar dumb fvcking sons of bitches like yourself. CHEER for the team because you're a fvcking FAN. You're allowed to be critical, of course you are, but you have this obnoxious "mood of the day" that changes your posts completely and it's so old it makes my head spin. You wonder why 90% of the people on this forum either add you to ignore or roll their eyes when they see you post? TAKE SOME FVCKING NOTES, man! A 4-1 loss to the Flyers in January doesn't mean we're going to get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs.

Zajac and Greene returning won't help us? Our #1 Center and top-2 defenseman? Honestly you really are a fvcking moron.

If you're suicidal, go get help. If this is just an attention seeking drama whore schtick that you plan on doing forever, go get suicidal.

Peace, douchebag.

I'm sorry I lost ya at peace, douchebag.

I could really care less if you guys don't like what I add to the forums. I'm a realist and the way I act is exactly how each and everyone one of you feels when the team doesn't get out played and still loses.

I'm just not scared to say how I feel. My posts contain opinion but also not out of this world, sometimes useful, commentary. What I say is exactly what's going on during the time it's happening. I'm not just sitting back and making it up.

The team is a complete fvcking shell of it's former self and it's not a fun experience as a Devils fan.

This team used to be built on defense alone and now it's our weakest point.

All we've been hearing all year is how once this team becomes healthy they'll be something to reckon with. Well truth is, they shouldn't need to be 100% with players like Kovalchuck and Parise on the team, who IMO are underachieving.

Zajac and Greene are both young but nobody in the league is afraid of them. Zajacs numbers have now dropped each year he's played, granted this year it's because of an injury, but it's a serious injury at that and he may never be able to fully recover from it.

Greene, I'm sorry, I've seen him give up on plays before and as a fan once I see that I just have nothing positive to say about the guy. He doesn't impress me and nobody in the NHL is worried about Andy Greene coming back.

Those were the only points I was trying to make. I wasn't trying to offend anybody but if you have a problem with me that honestly really isn't my problem, or concern, for that matter.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

It really isn't fair to say Zajac's numbers have gone down though. He hasn't been close to 100% even once this year, and last year was a bad year for many players on the Devils. But why does it seem like no one believes that he would make a difference on the team?

I'll admit Greene sometimes gets a bit overrated, but wasn't he also playing under 100% for a big part of this year? I remember him always being a bit banged up early this season. I'm not sure I understand the "nobody's worried about..." argument either. Andy Greene will definitely help the team when he returns, even if that only means filling in a weak spot.

I do agree though, that some players are underachieving, but I am not sure if that is because of the players themselves, or the system.

I could really care less if you guys don't like what I add to the forums. I'm a realist and the way I act is exactly how each and everyone one of you feels when the team doesn't get out played and still loses.

I'm just not scared to say how I feel. My posts contain opinion but also not out of this world, sometimes useful, commentary. What I say is exactly what's going on during the time it's happening. I'm not just sitting back and making it up.

The team is a complete fvcking shell of it's former self and it's not a fun experience as a Devils fan.

All we've been hearing all year is how once this team becomes healthy they'll be something to reckon with. Well truth is, they shouldn't need to be 100% with players like Kovalchuck and Parise on the team, who IMO are underachieving.

Zajac and Greene are both young but nobody in the league is afraid of them. Zajacs numbers have now dropped each year he's played, granted this year it's because of an injury, but it's a serious injury at that and he may never be able to fully recover from it.

Greene, I'm sorry, I've seen him give up on plays before and as a fan once I see that I just have nothing positive to say about the guy. He doesn't impress me and nobody in the NHL is worried about Andy Greene coming back.

Those were the only points I was trying to make. I wasn't trying to offend anybody but if you have a problem with me that honestly really isn't my problem, or concern, for that matter.

Makes sense for you to put 'Respect the Devils 30 year history' in your sig, when for 10 years or so, they were much worse than they are now.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

So you are insinuating that deep down, we all feel like you and completely blow a gasket after every single loss?

Please stop telling us how we feel. Because I for one don't agree with the majority of what you post. Perhaps I'm the delusional one, but according to what I see from everyone else... nah

So you are insinuating that deep down, we all feel like you and completely blow a gasket after every single loss?

Please stop telling us how we feel. Because I for one don't agree with the majority of what you post. Perhaps I'm the delusional one, but according to what I see from everyone else... nah

I mean if you're watching the same games I'm watching, yea.

Ok I'll stop telling you how you feel when you guys get off my case.

You might be delusional but I'm sure you believe me when I say I don't care if you agree with my opinions are not. Although I do state a lot of facts, those you just have to deal with.

B )

It really isn't fair to say Zajac's numbers have gone down though. He hasn't been close to 100% even once this year, and last year was a bad year for many players on the Devils. But why does it seem like no one believes that he would make a difference on the team?

I'll admit Greene sometimes gets a bit overrated, but wasn't he also playing under 100% for a big part of this year? I remember him always being a bit banged up early this season. I'm not sure I understand the "nobody's worried about..." argument either. Andy Greene will definitely help the team when he returns, even if that only means filling in a weak spot.

I do agree though, that some players are underachieving, but I am not sure if that is because of the players themselves, or the system.

I'm sorry for the record I only looked at his last 3 years..but still at this very point in time it's not looking good. He came back too soon IMO and now there are complications.

I mean if you're watching the same games I'm watching, yea.

Ok I'll stop telling you how you feel when you guys get off my case.

You might be delusional but I'm sure you believe me when I say I don't care if you agree with my opinions are not. Although I do state a lot of facts, those you just have to deal with.

B )

Nobody takes issue with you having your own opinion, it is the way you are expressing it and the way you are coming across that makes everyone post this stuff about you. In the end do you care about it, no. But realize this: it's not like people WANT to hate on you. They just want you to be a good contributor to the discussion. If you could work on keeping your incessant ranting down to tolerable levels, or post when you are level headed and not livid I think it would go a long way towards not seeing so much negativity thrown your way.

No one comes on here just to fight you man, people just want to talk constructively about hockey.

yeah ScoreMoreThan3, i think what Steve said is solid and said it in a polite way too, i feel the same way its just sometimes the way you express what youre thinking is a bit over the top, you absolutely have the rights to express yourself the way you want... but its like anything, there comes a time to ask yourself if you're annoying the people around you... its like if you go to the movie theatre and scream, laugh, talk loudly during the movie... the other people are watching the same movie and maybe some of them are just more calm and don't handle it the same way.

Not just on the forum but on the chat too... you got kicked out for a reason after all. Its always the same thing...

(here's a dramatization of Foster making a mistake leading to a goal)

RandomPoster: Damn!

ScoreMoreThan3: fvcking sh!t

ScoreMoreThan3: fvcking damn fvcking sh!t

ScoreMoreThan3: fvcking Foster i cant believe this

ScoreMoreThan3: get him out of here

ScoreMoreThan3: why on hell was he on the ice anyway!?!?!?!?!

ScoreMoreThan3: he better get his sh!t together before the end of the game

ScoreMoreThan3: he's the worst thing ever

RandomPoster2: fvck thats a bad goal

ScoreMoreThan3: what was he thinking!?!?! get the puck behind the net or something

ScoreMoreThan3: i cant even believe he's in the NHL and make mistake like that

ScoreMoreThan3: our defence is the worst thing ever

ScoreMoreThan3: we'll never see the cup again

ScoreMoreThan3: again and again

RandomPoster3: We can still win this game come on guys

ScoreMoreThan3: zach is so out... i wouldnt want to play with Foster either

ScoreMoreThan3: Goodbye Zach! fvck you Lou for getting Foster

ScoreMoreThan3: Im pissed at Foster for that goal

so thats that and im barely joking here... to me im totally expecting something like this when something goes wrong in a game. Like i said, its okay to get emotional and all but youre just a bit "too much" i mean theres no need to go on and on and on about something the way you are and you got to realize that its annoying sometimes.

im totally not trying to piss you off or anything and i find that you can bring some good arguments and all to any discussion but just like anything you got to "behave" in a way or another so that people dont sh!t on you and put you on their ignore list

so yeah... :cheers:

Edited by SterioDesign

This subject really died in the water, didn't it? :saddevil:

I'm kinda glad I distracted the group from our 1-6 record against the Conference Leaders at this point. I'll try and stay positive and say 'Hey hopefully we can beat the Rags and become 2-6 against CL at this point.' :boogie: Plus any win vs. the Rags would pretty much make me forget about any 2 game slide they've ever had!

I'm kinda glad I distracted the group from our 1-6 record against the Conference Leaders at this point. I'll try and stay positive and say 'Hey hopefully we can beat the Rags and become 2-6 against CL at this point.' :boogie: Plus any win vs. the Rags would pretty much make me forget about any 2 game slide they've ever had!

I'll cheers to that.

all we can just do at that stat is shake our heads. it really is something to be ashamed of. they have to fvcking pick it up in these big games.

I dunno. I didn't see this team being much above 5 or 6 in the conference, whereas I saw Boston, NYR and the western leaders being elite. There's nothing wrong with being worse. Whether Lou admits it or not, we're rebuilding a little. Those guys aren't. They're expected to beat us.