2013-2014 Season Ticket Renewals

GoArmySports

Oh my mistake he's in section 122 which is a balcony end and makes sense

Yeah, there's a big difference from the shoot twice to defend twice ends. If you want cheap, but to still be center ice or attack twice side, you have to go to the 200s. Otherwise it's almost better value to move downstairs, at least then you get cupholders.

Not anymore, at least not in the pink section of the Balcony.  It's $27 for my tickets, and $29 for comparable attack end seats.

I meant if you wanted to sit center ice balcony, I'd rather go downstairs in a corner. I wasn't very clear. What I don't get why anyone would pay $45-$59 to sit on the balcony at center ice when you could move to a corner down low for $56-61 on the attack twice side because it's SIGNIFICANTLY less cramped in the lower bowl, plus most seats have a cupholder, which is invaluable.

Edited by ATLL765

I meant if you wanted to sit center ice balcony, I'd rather go downstairs in a corner. I wasn't very clear. What I don't get why anyone would pay $45-$59 to sit on the balcony at center ice when you could move to a corner down low for $56-61 on the attack twice side because it's SIGNIFICANTLY less cramped in the lower bowl, plus most seats have a cupholder, which is invaluable.

might be less cramped but you're at center ice which to me is a better view then behind the nets where it's tough to see the other end of the ice. so for some it's 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.

if i could afford better seats i'd take center mezz in a heart beat.

Edited by devils744

Not anymore, at least not in the pink section of the Balcony. It's $27 for my tickets, and $29 for comparable attack end seats.

Oh I'd definitely prefer to sit in the mezzanine (center ice balconies) than the lower corners.. I think it gives you a better view of the ice and I prefer center to corners a lot more

While I do agree the cup holders are a huge plus, I had season tickets in section 12 and even with the more cramped seats I much prefer the upper levels. You can see the whole ice at all times and everything going on. I have tickets now in 107 and I'm very happy with them. For playoffs last year I got center ice 100 seats and those were awesome. But comparable in price to the lowers I had and if I wanted to spend that much again I'd still take the 100s.

Your responses are interesting. I agree, center ice is the best vantage point, period, but for me, to spend $50+/ticket, I want something a little extra, like to be far enough away from the guy in front of me that when I lean forward, I don't knee him in the head. I, don't usually sit down low, my experiences with that were either A. Stolen via me walking down to the lower bowl or sneaking in the club seats or B. Free. So I haven't seen every vantage point, but if you're in sec 5,6,10,11,16,17,21,22, if you sit high up in the section, there's not really a lot of blind spots. My dad has seats lower down in the corner, so there, you lose the far end corner on your side of the ice from blueline to redline basically. Though sec 6 & 21 are a bit more expensive than the rest as they're as close as you get to being between the blue lines down low without tripling your cost.

Oh I'd definitely prefer to sit in the mezzanine (center ice balconies) than the lower corners.. I think it gives you a better view of the ice and I prefer center to corners a lot more

I don't know if you realize it, but the first line(not in your quote here, but in your last post where you quoted me) isn't part of my post, I quoted that from someone else. Not sure what happened there, but just a heads up, I think I've seen you do that in another post as well.

Edited by ATLL765

To those of you that do have season tickets.. do you guys find it difficult to dump them when need be and make your money back?.. i was also considering that to take advantage of the lower prices just buying a full season and only using about half but i was concerned about not being able to dump them on stub hub or ticket exchange and it being an exspensive problem.

To those of you that do have season tickets.. do you guys find it difficult to dump them when need be and make your money back?.. i was also considering that to take advantage of the lower prices just buying a full season and only using about half but i was concerned about not being able to dump them on stub hub or ticket exchange and it being an exspensive problem.

This is my first season with season tickets (I'm in the $24 price level...which is up to $27 for next season) and I have not had problems selling tickets when I can't go. I have yet to lose any money on a game. The more expensive your seats are though, the harder it might be to sell them without taking a loss.

I have seats in 226 and really never have problems finding takers.. You just have to know your outlets (StubHub, TicketExchange, Craigslist, Facebook Group) and network with fans who buy single games.. I have a list of buddies to call who have asked to be kept in the loop when I have games available

I have seats in 226 and really never have problems finding takers.. You just have to know your outlets (StubHub, TicketExchange, Craigslist, Facebook Group) and network with fans who buy single games.. I have a list of buddies to call who have asked to be kept in the loop when I have games available

Do you like the new ticketexchange? I haven't used it much since I've been to all but one game this season and I've heard mixed reviews about it.

Do you like the new ticketexchange? I haven't used it much since I've been to all but one game this season and I've heard mixed reviews about it.

I haven't used it in several seasons but this guy I was talking to yesterday said it has worked great for him

The $1.95 per ticket charge to transfer or download your tickets has got to go. It's another typical BS ticketmaster charge. However, I've had nothing but good experiences in unloading tickets I couldn't use to friends and members of this board over the past 2 years.

At least they now allow you to push that fee to the recipient, but yeah digit tix should be free to print

At least they now allow you to push that fee to the recipient, but yeah digit tix should be free to print

It is good that the receiver can now pay the ticket fee. Without the exchange being linked to Tm like last year, I haven't found it to be helpful. I don't think many people know about it. For me stubhub and the Facebook group have been very helpful this season.

The $1.95 per ticket charge to transfer or download your tickets has got to go.  It's another typical BS ticketmaster charge.  However, I've had nothing but good experiences in unloading tickets I couldn't use to friends and members of this board over the past 2 years. 

The Rangers and NY Jets let their season ticket holders do this for free. I don't know why the Devils can'tdo the same.

It is good that the receiver can now pay the ticket fee. Without the exchange being linked to Tm like last year, I haven't found it to be helpful. I don't think many people know about it. For me stubhub and the Facebook group have been very helpful this season.

Yeah but I suspect that'll improve over time (knowledge that a 'new' TE exists).  Overhauling the system coming out of a lockout was bad timing to put it mildly.  At least they don't artificially jack up the list price this year - last year something I list for $40 was like $44 in actuality.

The other thing about the new system that sucks is you have to log in twice, to your team account then to the TicketExchange account.  Plus I state on my preferences I want everything credited to my bank savings account but I always wind up getting checks in the mail :P

btw I got my hard copy invoice but I'd already renewed online.  The hard copy does reflect the credit, but the money got taken out of my account without the credit (i.e. the initial total) cause I renewed early.  Oh well, either it'll show up as a credit later on or I'll just be on them to apply it to the playoffs.

Yeah but I suspect that'll improve over time (knowledge that a 'new' TE exists). Overhauling the system coming out of a lockout was bad timing to put it mildly. At least they don't artificially jack up the list price this year - last year something I list for $40 was like $44 in actuality.

The other thing about the new system that sucks is you have to log in twice, to your team account then to the TicketExchange account. Plus I state on my preferences I want everything credited to my bank savings account but I always wind up getting checks in the mail :P

btw I got my hard copy invoice but I'd already renewed online. The hard copy does reflect the credit, but the money got taken out of my account without the credit (i.e. the initial total) cause I renewed early. Oh well, either it'll show up as a credit later on or I'll just be on them to apply it to the playoffs.

I did the same thing (renewed before getting my invoice) so I emailed the team asking that my credit from the lockout be credited back to my card and they said they'd do it.. Pretty easy if you're interested