Devils Sign McGillis, Malakhov, Rafalski

HellOnICE

i don't think theres any sense in figuring out cap sums before a trade is made because honestly, i think its very naiive to believe that we're gonna start the season with the team we have now, and we have no idea who's gonna be traded where and to whom, so lets put money matters aside, just for a few days...or perhaps hours the way lou's acted today

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else see parallels between our defense and the Transformers movie?  Autobots lose Prime from injuries in battle, Ultra Magnus from thinking he's too important, and most of the first generation guys buy it as well.  Hot Rod, the young and inexperienced rises up and saves the day to become Rodimus Prime?

Nah, I didn't think so.  My nerd side's coming through again.

Lets just say I have a really good feeling about Martin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point, i love Martin's play, i think some people have over looked him, perhaps we should trade White with Pitkannan and get them on a line!

Anyone else see parallels between our defense and the Transformers movie?  Autobots lose Prime from injuries in battle, Ultra Magnus from thinking he's too important, and most of the first generation guys buy it as well.  Hot Rod, the young and inexperienced rises up and saves the day to become Rodimus Prime?

Nah, I didn't think so.  My nerd side's coming through again.

Lets just say I have a really good feeling about Martin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like the comparison... one problem... we have no hot rod... we have several cliffjumpers though ... and a bumblebee

The Devs can get someone good with White in a package.  He's a proven winner.  I wouldn't mind seeing him go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's a steady #4 guy. If the Devils are to move him for a forward, he'd bring back a 3rd liner or inconsistent 2nd-liner at best, neither of which the Devils really need. Unless a highly-touted prospect and draft pick are involved, no one's going to be biting their fingernails in the hopes of acquiring his services.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Malakhov just took up his spot in the roster. With Hale coming up and McGillis and Stevens in the picture, White can be moved and can get the best possible return. I don't buy this Stevens will be Dano type deal, especially coming from the mouth of Stan 'Don't Know sh!t' Fishler. Listening to Stan talk hockey and rumors nowadays is like listening to a homeless guy on 48th street talk about hockey. Stan said acouple days Raf wants out of Jersey and he never wants to return. Ummm yeah, what just happened? Retire Stan..

Stevens-Raf

Matvichuk-Martin

Hale-Malakhov

McGillis a reserve.

I don't mind seeing that D. It's alittle bit of a downgrade and typing that without adding Niedermayer's name sucks, but that's the best D we can put out there. White can get someone the Devs need. Especially with our star winger probably not being able to start the season.

...AND YOU'VE LOST ME U F'IN DORKS ;)

referring to transformers ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

to sum up..... WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to find out how much these guys were signed for. It will make the difference over being pissed and extremely pissed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lou is smart with the cash. I'm sure he didn't overpay for guys like McGillis and Malakhov. I'm more curious to see what Raff got.

so are you saying we need to give Paul Martin the Matrix and watch him grow into the chosen one ?? :lol:

Hell why not at this point ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly! I mean, is it any coincidence that Unicron is Flyers colors and Galvatron is Rangers colors?

And to answer the bit of trivia, it was Orson Welles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right on orson wells. wrong on colors. galvatron was purple. unicron was silver. and if i wasn't married, this would be proof that i was never getting laid again by a real woman.

HOLY CRAP: McGillis, Rafi AND Malakhov!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU LOU!!!!

The Flyers just became the second best team in the East.

CONFIRMED!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some hit the bar at lunch today..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the rest of us need to have seats reserved.... today is the worst day of sports in my life