Worst Hockey injury ever

Spacefly

What do you think is the Worst Hockey injury to date? Could be an Injury in itself,or something like what happened to Jagr. Which may,or may not hurt their team at a crucial time such as the playoffs.

I'm going to say "Clint Malarchuk" as Hockey injury. The guy took a skate to the jugular and nearly died on the ice, If it weren't for the quick reaction from the sabres medical staff, he would have died within minutes. "The main reason why goalies wear throat protecters nowadays".

I'd post a pic but. :puke: its like a fountain of blood.

so what do you think?

Donald Audette's arm injury a few years ago was pretty grusome. A player skated over his arm and wrist severing several tendons. He skated straight off the ice and was throwing himself against the wall in pain. Audette almost lost use of his arm if not for a micro-surgeon that was present in the arena at the time.

Edited by TK

I heard that if the Malarchuk incident happened on the other side of the rink, he would have died because they would have had to take him all the way across the rink and it would have taken too long.

That is correct. That is how precious the time was to get Malarchuk to the hospital.

Very scary.

Donald Audette's arm injury a few years ago was pretty grusome. A player skated over his arm and wrist severing several tendons. He skated straight off the ice and was throwing himself against the wall in pain. Audette almost lost use of his arm if not for a micro-surgeon that was present in the arena at the time.

That was scary and gross. At least he didn't lose his arm.

Chelios hit on Brian Propp in the 1989 playoffs, elbowed him in the head, just mashed him against the boards. The pool of blood rivaled the Malarchuk incident.

what followed this event was one of my favorite moments of hockey history.

When the Flames/Ducks games got pulled this show Legends came on and they said Terry Sawchuk died after falling into a bbq pit? Huh?

Yeah, I was watching those on OLN a few days ago. Good Hockey History,Poor guy.

If you ever get the chance, watch the video of Barry Ashby losing his eye after being hit directly in it during the Stanley Cup finals in I believe it was the Flyers' first cup season. Maybe it was the second.

But I remember watching the video some time ago and thinking, "Daaaayum!!!!!

Went down on the ice to block a shot at the point and the rest is history. He lay on the ice writhing in pain with his hands over his face and everyone crowded around him from players, to refs, to medics.

Pretty nasty stuff and he never played again.

Ashcan was a hell of a warrior.

didn't they end up retiring his number? no. 4 i believe.

not the most talented guy, didn't do much offensively, but played his heart out and was an amazing defensive dman.

i read about his career somewhere. they got him from the bruins i believe and he spent a while in minors but never gave up and made it to the flyers and was amazing or something.

When the Flames/Ducks games got pulled this show Legends came on and they said Terry Sawchuk died after falling into a bbq pit? Huh? :blink:

He was wrestling with teammate Ron Stewart (I believe). I also think they were on the Rangers at the time.

There has always been speculation there's more to the story, but Stewart never said anything.