I'm starting a protest

roomtemp

Yeah they're not going to give a crap about what we think until it actually affects them, i.e. if gets to the point where they could lose a huge chunk of fans.

That's just going to cut off our nose to spite our face. Also the results of that aren't going to be shown til next CBA and even then it will be forgotten by the time it rolls around again. It has to be immediate and flashy to work.

Edited by roomtemp

What happened to "you are only hurting yourself by protesting" the truth is here everybody NOW changes their minds.

The truth is there is nothing the fans can do and, furthermore, protesting by not going to Devils games or buying merch only give the bigger teams (Rangers, Flyers, Pens, etc) more of an advantage because they will still sellout and be money powerhouses while the Devils will lose their much needed fans

If anything, boycott national games and the Winter Classic.. But boycotting the Devils only hurts the team in relation to the Rangers who will be unaffected

Edited by Colin226

That's just going to cut off our nose to spite our face. Also the results of that aren't going to be shown til next CBA and even then it will be forgotten by the time it rolls around again. It has to be immediate and flashy to work.

Yeah I know, but that's the only way either side is going to care about what the fans have to say about this labor dispute between players and owners. So what do we do about it? Well I'm not going to stop being a Devils fan or NHL fan, so all we can do is sit around and hope it gets resolved soon. At the end of the day, this has pretty much no real effect on our lives. Not to turn this into a political thread or anything like that, but if you're going to get out there and protest, aren't there any causes that are more worthy of your time and more impactful on your life?

Yeah I know, but that's the only way either side is going to care about what the fans have to say about this labor dispute between players and owners. So what do we do about it? Well I'm not going to stop being a Devils fan or NHL fan, so all we can do is sit around and hope it gets resolved soon. At the end of the day, this has pretty much no real effect on our lives. Not to turn this into a political thread or anything like that, but if you're going to get out there and protest, aren't there any causes that are more worthy of your time and more impactful on your life?

+1.

The truth is there is nothing the fans can do and, furthermore, protesting by not going to Devils games or buying merch only give the bigger teams (Rangers, Flyers, Pens, etc) more of an advantage because they will still sellout and be money powerhouses while the Devils will lose their much needed fans

If anything, boycott national games and the Winter Classic.. But boycotting the Devils only hurts the team in relation to the Rangers who will be unaffected

You sir are wrong but are SO blinded by the game you do not have the stones to cancel your season tickets and go to JUST the games you WANT, if a good part of the STH did this IT WOULD make the impact you state the FANS can't make.

I know you are going to argue because you can not help yourself or maybe just with me but this is may last writing on this subject with you.

You sir are wrong but are SO blinded by the game you do not have the stones to cancel your season tickets and go to JUST the games you WANT, if a good part of the STH did this IT WOULD make the impact you state the FANS can't make.

I know you are going to argue because you can not help yourself or maybe just with me but this is may last writing on this subject with you.

Yeah, impact the team to become the Hamilton Devils, for pete's sake.

How do you know he doesn't want to go to all the games? Many STHs only sell off certain games because they can't attend themselves, not because they don't want to go.

How is that any different from just selling off the games you don't want to go to? I'm a sth, I don't go to all the games. I sell all the ones I don't want to go to and keep all the games I do. If I canceled my seasons and just went on the secondary market or got a partial plan I'd wind up paying more for the same number of games. Or going to fewer games.

Of course it's easier for me to do - and make/not lose money - in the $22 section than it would be for someone sitting down below. If they didn't have $22 season tickets (and I wasn't sitting on the aisle now, to boot) I wouldn't be a sth precisely because my personal cap is 27-28 games every regular season, but I digress.

Edited by NJDevs4978

What does a protest accomplish? When a show's cancellation is protested, it's to demonstrate the number of viewers who liked the show. It's to convince the network that they misread their metrics.

So, back to hockey... we send pucks in to both sides... to demonstrate what? That there are 10,000 hardcore fans per team? How does that solve the problem that owners and players have? They know they have fans... they play in front of them.