The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Lou isn't going, and isn't looking to deal them unless they want to and he doesn't. Case solved.

...looks like I'm going to go ahead and take the opposing side on this one.

He sounds like a spoiled brat. Sorry Jags, the Devils are about the team, not catering to your needs. The same has been applied to Marty - if Lou finds a good deal for Jagr he should take it. Jagr legally/contractually has no say where he can and can't go.

Edited by CarterforPresident

Your right, in that Lou might see what's available for him. Might not be much who knows. But Jagr seems to want stability now, as I said a while ago and it seems to be the case. He'll most apt finish here, playoffs or not.

Lou would be a fool to not at least entertain offers for Jagr. An absolute fool.

Here's a question.  If the rumors are true that St. Louis has asked for a trade, would you deal Larsson for him?  Do you think TB would agree to something like that?

Noooooooooooo God no.  Too many cost-controlled, quality years left in Larsson to ship off for maybe two years of solid play from MSL.

Now, one of Gelinas/Merril?  I'd entertain that.

Noooooooooooo God no.  Too many cost-controlled, quality years left in Larsson to ship off for maybe two years of solid play from MSL.

Now, one of Gelinas/Merril?  I'd entertain that.

As the biggest Gelinas fanboy here, I'd drive Eric to the airport myself, and even pack his things for him if it meant we could get MSL.

It'd be a waste. Msl is done soon.

He's still a PPG player.  There's no reason to expect that he won't give you the same value through the end of his deal.  So if the idea is that the team has more young defenseman than it knows what to do with, that even with at least one anchor like Salvador the defense is among the best in the league, you have an elite goaltender, you need scoring in the worst way, he's close to his home in Connecticut, it makes sense, at least on the surface.

And I'll always go back to what I remember hearing a while ago that TB really like Andy Greene. 

@LavoieRenaud: Avant match du CH à 18:30 @TVASports blessure de Price + nouvelles CH, de Kesler, des NYR, entrevue avec équipe canada femme. #premiertrio

Can someone translate this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Preview CH @ 18:30 injury TVASports Price + new CH, Kesler, NYR of interview with Team Canada Women

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

@DarrenDreger: Teams may continue to call TBay on St Louis, but, as of now, Lightning are telling teams St Louis is locked on the New York Rangers. #tsn

Too bad, MSL has always been a favorite of mine. I'll have to hate his guts if he dons the blue.

Daniel, on 26 Feb 2014 - 7:16 PM, said:

@DarrenDreger: Teams may continue to call TBay on St Louis, but, as of now, Lightning are telling teams St Louis is locked on the New York Rangers. #tsn

lol so not only does he want out because his GM didn't pick him for the Olympics but now he's putting the organization in a vice just so he can get on a worse team and play with his buddy Richards.  I didn't think MSL had Brett Favre's ego.

lol so not only does he want out because his GM didn't pick him for the Olympics but now he's putting the organization in a vice just so he can get on a worse team and play with his buddy Richards. I didn't think MSL had Brett Favre's ego.

They'd be a very good team with him. I hope it doesn't happen.

lol so not only does he want out because his GM didn't pick him for the Olympics but now he's putting the organization in a vice just so he can get on a worse team and play with his buddy Richards. I didn't think MSL had Brett Favre's ego.

Neither did I, he's certainly acting like a bitch. Its one thing to ask for a trade, its another to say 'I'll only go to one team'.