Feel-Good Story About Minnesota

ATLL765

The fact that you didn't get the wild offer/contract with parise right makes me not believe this story. Zach signed for 13 years and $98 million

I was typing this very fast at work and were talking about Kovalchuk and that's why the 15/100 was on my mind sorry. Doubt it all you want I couldn't care less. If I could tell you where I got this information from you'd be shocked and wouldn't doubt it. However, in my line of work if I give up sources, I am in big trouble. 

Edited by brodeur14301991

Either way, Minnesota offered Zach a stupid contract. Lou was right not to match it. Now they're paying the consequences, Earlier than I thought, but still.

Either way, Minnesota offered Zach a stupid contract. Lou was right not to match it. Now they're paying the consequences, Earlier than I thought, but still.

Nah, they'll be truly paying the consequences in two or three years when Parise's speed starts to truly decline and he'll be a checking liner with a 7.5 cap hit. 

I saw an interesting chart which shows a player's peak point production typically occurs at 26. Thank the stars we don't have to worry about Kovalchuk or Parise as they start(ed) to heavily deteriorate 

Nah, they'll be truly paying the consequences in two or three years when Parise's speed starts to truly decline and he'll be a checking liner with a 7.5 cap hit. 

I saw an interesting chart which shows a player's peak point production typically occurs at 26. Thank the stars we don't have to worry about Kovalchuk or Parise as they start(ed) to heavily deteriorate 

Agreed. I figured that was when they'd START feeling the effects of a dumbass deal. Instead, they're already feeling it.

There's no way Lou offered Parise $100 million when the team was supposedly broke. Unless by more lucrative you mean a higher cap number. That I don't doubt but there was no way Zach was getting Kovy money here.

Yep that's what I meant, a higher cap number, not bigger contract

So much hate for Parise I am surprised, no I am not, just disappointed.

Are you serious right now? You hate on a current player and anyone who thinks it's a bit much should just shut up. We hate on a guy who dumped us and you're disappointed. Wah wah wah. World's smallest violin here, playing just for you.

• Like 1

Are you serious right now? You hate on a current player and anyone who thinks it's a bit much should just shut up. We hate on a guy who dumped us and you're disappointed. Wah wah wah. World's smallest violin here, playing just for you.

Don't feed the troll -  logic does not apply

Edited by Devilsfan118

Are you serious right now? You hate on a current player and anyone who thinks it's a bit much should just shut up. We hate on a guy who dumped us and you're disappointed. Wah wah wah. World's smallest violin here

, playing just for you.

Do you think I hate Marty? I don't I dislike him but you hate Parise. How sick you are!

Do you think I hate Marty? I don't I dislike him but you hate Parise. How sick you are!

When was the last time you posted something about the team? Instead of arguing how hating Parise is not in anyway similar to your constant detraction from what Marty does and has done for this team? Talk about beating a dead horse. I can take that you dislike Marty, but your constant pissing and moaning about everything is too much. I like this forum because I like to talk about hockey, not constantly be subjected to stupid posts about how you are holier than thou despite the fact that you jump at the chance to argue about anything just for the sake of being on the other side of the coin.

You're right about my hate for Parise and Kovy being silly and illogical, whatever, I've said it is, that's part of what I enjoy about hockey is being illogical and supporting the team no matter what, but you take this to a whole other level of ridiculous. It'd be one thing if you talked about anything else, but it's always Marty is terrible, you guys are stupid because you disagree with me, wah, wah, wah. Why don't you just go start your own forum called Marty Blows and you can commiserate with all the other Marty detractors instead of bringing this one down with your constant whining?

I've had multiple people tell me I'm the most negative person they've ever met and even I cannot stand you anymore. Pretty much all due to your recent fighting with other posters based on petty bs.

Edited by ATLL765
  • Like 1

I'm willing to believe it was pretty close to that, maybe $85 to $95 million. The difference likely was that there were no bonuses, and it might have been spread out longer without having a lot of $12 million years. The total dollar figure, absent the front loading schenaigans is somewhat of a red herring if you're talking about the Devils financial situation. There is still a salary cap and floor, so it's just a matter if you want to spend that money somewhere else. But, for the most part, it has to go somewhere. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's not a red herring when they had $66M committed to Kovalchuk over the next 6 years.

As for Minnesota losing money this past season, of course they did.  But they're going to make up that money over the life of these two contracts alone.

As for the rest of this thread, there is an ignore feature on the site and it is awfully useful.

Edited by Triumph

Eh.  Aside from the fact that it's LD, he's spot on.  The hate for Parise around here is stunning.  God forbid a NHL veteran should exercise his collectively bargained right to choose where he wants to spend the next several years of his career, quite possibly the remainder of his career.  I'm not saying we have to like it, but the lingering bitterness confounds me.

Eh.  Aside from the fact that it's LD, he's spot on.  The hate for Parise around here is stunning.  God forbid a NHL veteran should exercise his collectively bargained right to choose where he wants to spend the next several years of his career, quite possibly the remainder of his career.  I'm not saying we have to like it, but the lingering bitterness confounds me.

You have to remember Rowdy, Parise said while signing an autograph, "don't worry" to a fan who was screaming, "come back Zach, please". That apparently was a guarantee that he was staying with the Devils. There is also a lot of BS about Parise and Suter texting about playing together during the Cup Finals. Ridiculous too. And when they did talk about playing together, it didn't mean it was in Minnesota. This is the quote:

“Ryan and I had talked throughout the year,” said Parise, now the former captain of the New Jersey Devils. “At the time you say to each other: ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have a chance to play with each other and play on the same team?’

“We kept in touch throughout this process. You have to do what’s best for you. We decided for the both of us the best thing was to come to Minnesota. We’re excited it worked out and we have a chance to play with each other

It's not a red herring when they had $66M committed to Kovalchuk over the next 6 years.

As for Minnesota losing money this past season, of course they did. But they're going to make up that money over the life of these two contracts alone.

As for the rest of this thread, there is an ignore feature on the site and it is awfully useful.

You're ignoring that I said absent front loading which applied just as much to Kovalchuk as a hypothetical Parise deal.

When was the last time you posted something about the team? Instead of arguing how hating Parise is not in anyway similar to your constant detraction from what Marty does and has done for this team? Talk about beating a dead horse. I can take that you dislike Marty, but your constant pissing and moaning about everything is too much. I like this forum because I like to talk about hockey, not constantly be subjected to stupid posts about how you are holier than thou despite the fact that you jump at the chance to argue about anything just for the sake of being on the other side of the coin.

You're right about my hate for Parise and Kovy being silly and illogical, whatever, I've said it is, that's part of what I enjoy about hockey is being illogical and supporting the team no matter what, but you take this to a whole other level of ridiculous. It'd be one thing if you talked about anything else, but it's always Marty is terrible, you guys are stupid because you disagree with me, wah, wah, wah. Why don't you just go start your own forum called Marty Blows and you can commiserate with all the other Marty detractors instead of bringing this one down with your constant whining?

I've had multiple people tell me I'm the most negative person they've ever met and even I cannot stand you anymore. Pretty much all due to your recent fighting with other posters based on petty bs.

+1