GDT : Devils @ Capitals - Verizon Center - 7:00 PM

Devs3cups

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just blame DeBoer he takes the loss. You want to blame Lou? Someone must take the hit! Which player FU?

With the performance of tonight we won't make the playoffs.

We faced an elite team tonight.

When did Washington become elite? The Devils just had a bad one Edited by Devil Dan 56

Yeah Washington is nowhere near elite... Would have rather lost like this to Tampa since it can be justified better but I'm not gonna complain with 6 out of 8 on a road trip.

One thing I will say is it seems like we still struggle early on in periods, this was a common theme last year and it's carried over so far this year. Not sure if it take our old guys a bit longer to get the blood running but it's something that continues to plague us.

Bad game tonight. Played pretty solid early on but hey, it happens. Feeling pretty confident for saturday. I believe Cory will bounce back, our team and fans will be pumped for the home opener vs. a shaky SJ team that had a shaky win vs. WSH and just loss vs. NYI. We will bounce back. A 3-1 record to start the season on the road is really good, we're currently in the top teams in the league, we need to relax and be confident with our team that is actually playing pretty good.

I probably won't do GDTs anymore though lol.

Edited by Devs3cups

Bad game tonight. Played pretty solid early on but hey, it happens. Feeling pretty confident for saturday. I believe Cory will bounce back, our team and fans will be pumped for the home opener vs. a shaky SJ team that had a shaky win vs. WSH and just loss vs. NYI. We will bounce back. A 3-1 record to start the season on the road is really good, we're currently in the top teams in the league, we need to relax and be confident with our team that is actually playing pretty good.

I probably won't do GDTs anymore though lol.

No matter what, 6 out of 8 points on a 4 game road trip is not too shabby.  I'll take it.

What the hell is your problem man?  I never said Schneider has been awful.

I know you didn't, just didn't like you knocking Cory for a goal that was a tough stop, especially since the guy was a huge reason that the Devils beat Tampa.  Didn't think it was fair or warranted. 

I watched the game on my phone on my way to a Flatliners/Gob show, saw Severson's goal then turned it off and went to the show. Next thing you know it was 6-2... i clearly have to watch every single games from now on. Sorry guys.

Not sure what happened but it was bound to happen, no biggie. Severson proved again that he belongs. Let's regroup, the home opener won't be easy

I know you didn't, just didn't like you knocking Cory for a goal that was a tough stop, especially since the guy was a huge reason that the Devils beat Tampa.  Didn't think it was fair or warranted. 

Fair enough.  I want you to also know that I have been one of Schneider's biggest supporters.  Doesn't mean I can't criticize him.  I still think that puck should have been stopped last night, but that's beside the point I guess.  Anyways, moving on to Saturday.

any word on the Havlat injury?

Are we going to see Gomez at the home opener??

Apparently pretty bad.  He has a big cut on his nose that required stitches and probably has a broken nose.

Even worse is that he has a cut between his upper lip and nose that went all the way through the skin that required a ton of stitches.  I saw last night on twitter someone posted a pic of what it looked like when he got up and it looked like the skin was fully detached.

I think we are going to see Brunner in his spot.

Apparently pretty bad.  He has a big cut on his nose that required stitches and probably has a broken nose.

Even worse is that he has a cut between his upper lip and nose that went all the way through the skin that required a ton of stitches.  I saw last night on twitter someone posted a pic of what it looked like when he got up and it looked like the skin was fully detached.

I don't mind this.  I think Elias and Brunner have good chemistry and they did good things last year.  Hopefully Havlat comes back soon though.

Yup, I think that is what will happen also. 

arghhh, glad I switched to the jet game...No, thats a lie..bad sports day!!

I jinxed andy G, he played like crap, cory did too...hope ryder doesnt go into his post dinging. goal missing funk again. 

we were getting all the breaks the first 3 games, time for it to even out

now, need to bounce back here

Edited by EdgeControl

WOW... i did not think it was gonna be that bad.  at least not a concussion though, but that is still pretty rough.  hopefully Havlat obviously comes back quick, but Brunner could be a nice change of pace.

this has to be a throw-away game for Cory. short memory.  we have no excuse to not come out guns blazing in front of a fired up crowd on saturday.  SJ is tough, no doubt about it, but we gotta toughen up and play our game

These games will happen. 2 or 3 shots of ours rang off the pipes at key times, just really bad luck. That could've been the difference between 4-0 start and 3-1. Our overall team game was pretty awful at times and yet we were a post or two from otherwise gaining the momentum to possibly win the game.

Regardless, I wouldn't trade these first 4 games for any other start, the team looks great, they're doing great things. Time to bring it home.

It's worth mentioning, Andy Greene looked particularly awful last night from the start of the game til the end, which was pretty strange...