First Devils game you went to live

roomtemp

dont remember my first game i was probably right around 5.. my dad use to get tickets from venders like pepsi or coke and they were always great seats only a few rows off the glass on the side.. i remember i was sitting against the glass one night and elias got checked right up against the glass in front of me it was awsome.. remember another time my cousins came with us and wore ranger jackets (they knew no better they were probably 10-11 at the time) i was younger then that and the devils werent even playing the rangers lol we still joke about that.. memories memories of when we had a good team that would go on win streaks.. now we cant win more then 2 in a row

For me it was 1984 (I was 4 yrs old) against Toronto. We sat 2nd row to the ice and the sound of the checking into the boards scared the crap out of me haha. Porbably some of the earliest memories of my life. I remember these two guys in the first row banging on the glass yelling "Korn, Korn!"..For Leafs tough guy Jim Korn (who a few season later became a Devil). I started to chant it cause they were chanting it haha. Good times. Became a season ticket holder two years later with my dad and never looked back.

I think it was 96 and the game was against Buffalo. Pretty sure the devils lost 3-1. My dad got box seats for the game. I remember I literally just sat there the entire time watching the game while everyone in the box enjoyed the free food. After that season we got season tickets and have had season tickets till this day. It wast until last season that I got to sit in a box/suite again. This time I took advantage of the free food and I basically ate myself into oblivion lol.

My first was a 1-1 or 2-2 tie in the Garden in 94 or 95. I was about 13 or 14. I remember being confused as to why everyone was leaving before overtime to catch a train when the game wasn't over! To me, it was the Super Bowl haha.

My first in Jersey was a 4-1 loss to the Panthers and the superstar that was Mark Fitzpatrick. My first win I've definitely talked about... a 6-3 win over Tampa in 96 or 97. Devils are down 3-1 going into the 3rd, Dunham replaces Marty, and they score 5 straight including either a MacLean or Rolston hat trick.

December 10, 1983.  The only reason I know the date is because I remember the opponent (Flyers) and that it was late 1983, and that the Devils got killed (I was 13 at the time).  I just looked at the 83-84 sched to see if I could match it up.  My parents got free tickets from someone, so they took me and my younger brother (he was 12).  Devils lost that game 8-2, but from then on I was a fan.  Many years later, sadly, my bro became a Ranger fan.   

I'm going to show just how relatively new I am here, but my first game was when I was in 6th grade, which was in... 2002?  I remember they won the 2003 cup when I was in 7th grade, so that'd make it to the 2001-2002 season.  I had been watching (as best a little kid can) since the 1995 cup but hadn't convinced my Dad to take me yet.

A relatively unimportant game against the Blackhawks, but it was awesome.  They won 3-1.

Edited by Devilsfan118

1987. First 20-30 games I went to were my friend's mother's company's season tickets, 10 rows behind the home goal. 

It was from those seats, in 1992, that I caught my first and only puck, or my only anything at any pro sports event. 75th Anniversary logo, still have it and the ticket stubs (I believe $30 face value!) on my Shelf of Honor in my office. 

I'm not sure if I attended any professional games before this one, but the first one I can accurately remember was a 3-1 loss to Toronto in February of 2000.

I can remember watching hockey on tv starting in about 1993-94 (7 years old), and I remember watching the Devils beating the Wings in 1995 since the games were on Fox IIRC.

October 8, 1982, Brendan Byrne Arena. In the Devs second game ever, the Devils beat the Rangers 3-2 for the Devils first win ever. Chico Resch and John Davidson were in nets. The crowd was back and forth the whole game. I was one month shy of my 14th birthday. My father dropped me and my friend off at the arena and picked us up after it was over. I was a Devils fan right from the start. My  buddy was a Rangers fan. We sat in the upper bowl, one section over from where the Rangers broadcast crew was announcing the game. In between periods, I walked over and got Phil Esposito's autograph. I didn't care that he was a Rangers great. He was an all-time great famous ex-hockey player. I still have the game program and my ticket stub (from Tele-Charge, I think).

I will never forget it.

• Like 1

It was from those seats, in 1992, that I caught my first and only puck, or my only anything at any pro sports event. 75th Anniversary logo, still have it and the ticket stubs (I believe $30 face value!) on my Shelf of Honor in my office. 

Speaking of that, I caught a puck at only one game, which was at the game where this happened:

Was behind the net about 20 rows up (well before the days that there was netting behind the goals) and a puck deflected off some guy's shoulder and I jumped up and grabbed it.  The guy had to be taken out on a stretcher, but I gave him the puck as he was being taken out. 

For me it was 1984 (I was 4 yrs old) against Toronto. We sat 2nd row to the ice and the sound of the checking into the boards scared the crap out of me haha. Porbably some of the earliest memories of my life. I remember these two guys in the first row banging on the glass yelling "Korn, Korn!"..For Leafs tough guy Jim Korn (who a few season later became a Devil). I started to chant it cause they were chanting it haha. Good times. Became a season ticket holder two years later with my dad and never looked back.

this story sounds so familiar to mine, maybe it was a couple years later but were the same age.

down on the glass to watch warmups; seeing the guys were 7 feet tall and trying to catch a puck haha.

i just remember the leafs specifically for some reason.

Speaking of that, I caught a puck at only one game, which was at the game where this happened:

I remember listening to that game on the radio and Chris Moore lost his mind calling that one.  Sherry was gushing that it would be a play of the week on Sportscenter for sure.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/199303290NJD.html

Devils vs. Sharks, March 29th, 1993.

Stephane Richer scored a natural hat trick, Chris Terreri had the shutout.  All five goals were scored in the second period, and of course I was in the upper bowl behind the net the Devils shot at in the first and third periods. The Sharks were in their second season, terrible, and in the midst of something like a 13 game road losing streak. This was their 10th road loss in a row apparently.

I've been to hundreds of games since, and have yet to see a second Devils hat trick in person.