First Devils game you went to live

roomtemp

My dad shared Flyer season tix in the late '70's up in that upper bowl. I used to go as a kid rooting for whoever was playing the Flyers then.

Gotta admit, I didn't know it at the time, but I saw some great Canadien, Islander, Capital and Ranger teams back then.

I think, but don't quote me on this, that the Devils only goal was scored by McKay. One thing that I always look back fondly on with that game is how many damn good hockey players I got to see play in my first game ever. Brind'Amour, Hawerchuk, Andreychuk, Housley, LeClair, Hextall, Guerin, MacLean, Nieds, Stevens, Marty...I mean, all those guys are HHOFers or borderline HHOFers. No Lindros though, I remember that much. 

I still remember Tom Chorske breaking my heart just a few days later by scoring a back breaking goal which prevented the Devils from making the playoffs.

I still remember Tom Chorske breaking my heart just a few days later by scoring a back breaking goal which prevented the Devils from making the playoffs.

That was the last game of the 95/96 Season v. Ottawa.  What an underachieving year that was. 

Tuesday, October 5, 1982 vs Pitt

Tied 3-3, Don Lever scored 1st goal

Pennant giveaway

Season seats in 119

I always wished I had gone to that very first game. I still have some newspaper clippings from it as well as the game program, which I acquired later. But I'm very happy to have gone to the second game, their first win -- versus the Rangers no less. I just wish I had saved a few newspaper clippings from that one.

I still have the season ticket brochure from that first season.

October 14th, 2000 against the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

We won. My only memory from the game was that I was banging on the class where Gomez was standing during warm-ups. He turned around, smiled, and slapped his stick on the glass right where my face was. I'm sure most here hate the guy, but that is a memory that will stay with me forever.

I have had my share of poor Gomez experiences. However, he was always the best during warm ups (Pre-Cam Janssen). He was almost always guaranteed to flip a few pucks over the boards and engage the fans.

I have had my share of poor Gomez experiences. However, he was always the best during warm ups (Pre-Cam Janssen). He was almost always guaranteed to flip a few pucks over the boards and engage the fans.

I went to a game in Boston...road trip made with several other Devils fans...Devils won the game 5-2.  Raycroft was in net for the Bruins.  We went down to ice level for warmups, and Gomez was definitely engaging the fans...gave away a couple of pucks too.  Someone said "Scott Gomez...the Alaskan Assassin" and he thought that was pretty funny...he was chuckling about it for a few minutes.

My first game was Devils vs. Hurricanes last season. We lost 4-2 and I didn't see a win in three times after that until we beat the Panthers late in the season when Kovy came back. Luckily they're 2-0-1 when I've been there, so at least that's turning around a bit.

Yeah I'm a bit of a hockey noobie, still learning the game, but I'm loving it. It's probably my favorite sport now since the NFL is pissing me off and I've gotten bored of the NBA and MLB.

• Like 1